• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Live expiriencing issues: can't use ANY app/game?

Synth

A wrong thought, because there's zero evidence that it was the changes that made this happen.

I fail to see how trying to make the system less reliable on an internet connection made it more.

I shouldn't have said "everyone here" admittedly, if your situation is such that you can just select "Go Offline" and you're fine, then you're basically excluded... but many of us are today using the roaming license with the main license tied to another box. This is now our only was of allowing other people (in my case my brother) to access any of our digital content. This in turn actually makes us more reliant on the network connection, as being disconnected even for a matter of minutes will result in us losing access to our digital games, whereas before we'd only require an authentication once every 24hrs.

Nope, is gamesharing like the shareplay on PS4? I just got my xbox a few weeks ago so I'm still not completely familiar with everything

Nah, basically if your console isn't set to be your home machine, somebody elses can be. This would allow you to share your entire digital library with another person as long as you're prepared to lose access yourself in a situation like this (they on the other hand would still be playing your games right now, lol).

Defect

Earlier when Live was fucked up I tried launching my digital Halo 5 but it wouldn't work so I tried the disk and it would only work when I set up offline mode. So dumb.

Hugstable

Banned
Games seem to finally be working on my end. Got my Xbox set up as home Xbox one now so hopefully I don't have to go with no games again lol

Games seem to finally be working on my end. Got my Xbox set up as home Xbox one now so hopefully I don't have to go with no games again lol

Yeah, there are positives and negatives. Tonight would be a negative, but I have two Xbox One's in my house so I can share digital content between them... so tonight sucked :(.

You want to know something hilarious? If the original policies were in place, everyone here would have been good for a 24hr window before the console started screaming for a connection.

Just a thought.
The idea that a game system that requires a once-every-24-hour logon would somehow be immune from error messages or any other weirdness when not online seems fanciful.

Synth

The idea that a game system that requires a once-every-24-hour logon would somehow be immune from error messages or any other weirdness when not online seems fanciful.

I honestly don't see why it would be any more error prone than an offline license today. The point here is that if there I weren't using a roaming license in order to enable any form of digital sharing whatsoever due to the changes, then I would be granted 24hrs since me last validation, rather than mere seconds. Basically, it'd have been back up before it would have removed my ability to play.

There's obviously cons to this as well. If the service goes down for more than 24hrs, or your console has simply been off for the last few days, without being in connected standby, then you'd be screwed even attempting to use a disc to play... but in this particular case the previous system would have been more resilient... and there's been almost no situations of Live being down for more than 24hrs without people being able to establish a connection even once... this instance included.

Lima

And core services down again. Can't start any digital game which means all my games. Unacceptable for a paid service. Fix this shit Microsoft.

two days in a row is a fucking joke.

maybe its time to stop blaming the hackers and its time to blame the multi-billion dollar company who didnt do shit to stop this from happening after last year,

Lima

maybe its time to stop blaming the hackers and its time to blame the multi-billion dollar company who didnt do shit to stop this from happening after last year,

I don't care who is responsible. All I know is I am Microsofts customer and I pay money to use their service. I expect it to work. If it doesn't I take it out on them.

I don't care who is responsible. All I know is I am Microsofts customer and I pay money to use their service. I expect it to work. If it doesn't I take it out on them.

its truly unbelievable.

theyve had a year. this should not be happening. not two days in a row.

Onikaan

What on earth is going on over there? Xbox Live has been absoloutely terrible this past week or so.

Losing my patience.

I was under the impression you can't stop a ddos attack. Did someone create a solution?

Is the 360 and the One connected to different networks? Two days now I've had no trouble using the 360 but I can't get the One to act right.

Shadders

I don't think they can get a free pass on this.

I know the DDOS isn't their fault and they're doing all they can to battle it, but it's their infrastructure that is preventing me from playing my games and apps that shouldn't require a connection.

I don't think they can get a free pass on this.

I know the DDOS isn't their fault and they're doing all they can to battle it, but it's their infrastructure that is preventing me from playing my games and apps that shouldn't require a connection.
Go offline in network settings.

Just got in to halo multi

Metzhara

When I first read the thread, I thought it was the issue I was having with my console at the time (in the beta). Having an external drive, that thing causes such problems with the beta that I often either have to do the "5 minute power down" or the "repower the external HDD" technique to get up and running.

Haven't seen anything today about Xbox hacks (today) but there's always a first!

Signes onto my Xbone just fine, am able to see friends and all. But everytime I go to access any application, I am met with this error:

Down Detector comments are saying the same thing.

This is affecting EVERY one of my applications. From Netflix, to Fallout, hell that picture is on the media player. I had access to it for 30 seconds before crashing to that error. Xbox.com says everything is fine on XBL, and I can see friends online.

Despite the occasional outage of service, the total unavailability of ALL my games AND applications, even the Bluray player is absurd.

One of the biggest downsides of X1 plus if your %100 digital X1 becomes a sitting shitbox. I could NOT use any of the purchased digital games nor any of the apps..real story folks. It really took em a good minute to get it all sorted out.

Ps....wait, what if I was offline, could then I would be able to play digital games?

Laws00

it did it to me too but i had to go offline so it would stop kicking me

still having some problems but it seems like its been cleared up

ethomaz

Banned
^This^

You would think people knew this by now.

Go to Network settings >>> Go Offline, then you can play Single player/campaign.
It just me that thinks a console today can't know if you are online/offline... the needs of a option to choose play offline is so dumb.

Crap tonight again too? I just want to play some destiny now that I can fix the damn controls grr.... I bet it's that affluent human-pug hybrid behind this from his getaway in cuba!

IbukiLordSA

Wow how awesome, MS let me purchase content but don't allow me to actually access the content. WTF is going on, all I wanted to do was play some Shadow Jago.

SRTtoZ

This is why people fought back on an always online infrastructure. If we had a console like that these kiddies would do nothing but attack the service 24/7.

Top Bottom