• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Live Ultimate Summer Sale Jun 30 - July 10 - XB1,360,W10 - 300+ items

not gonna lie this sale is underwhelming

IMHO, all digital game sales, besides GOG's, have been underwhelming....especially the newer AAA titles.

Currently, planning to get voodoo vince & Halo Wars 2 ultimate edition since they are xbox play anywhere titles..

Any other titles that I should be thinking about getting that are xbox play anywhere.

Disclaimer, already have FH3, Ori, & Recore

cucuchu

Never played Fable since Xbox one is my first Xbox console so I will probably grab the trilogy. Might as well finally buy Record too...looks like good fun

Novocaine

Grabbing Superhot and TF2. Probably about time I played through those.

What does the Doom season pass give you exactly?

Do you need the season pass to play Arcade Mode and get achievements for Arcade Mode?

If I don't care about Doom multiplayer would it be a huge waste to buy the season pass?

The season pass is MP only stuff. Ignore it and just grab the base game. Arcade mode was a free update.

Hawk269

It would be nice if they flagged Xbox One games that will be getting XBX upgrades. Right now I am hoping Titanfall 2 will have a good price. Planned to get it at launch, but things came up and never ended up getting it.

steveovig

If I had a trial Gold membership, can I still get the better discounts for this sale? I'd really love to bite on the Disney Afternoon Collection but I'm not Gold and they haven't offered me another $1 month yet.

Zenner

planning to get voodoo vince & Halo Wars 2 ultimate edition since they are xbox play anywhere titles..

Any other titles that I should be thinking about getting that are xbox play anywhere.

Disclaimer, already have FH3, Ori, & Recore

Thimbleweed Park is Play Anywhere

Montresor

Not a bad sale at all (for me at least). I ended up getting:

Deus Ex Mankinded Deluxe (includes Season Pass)
Little Nightmares
Furi
Thimbleweed Park

Grabbing Superhot and TF2. Probably about time I played through those.

The season pass is MP only stuff. Ignore it and just grab the base game. Arcade mode was a free update.

Thanks. I've actually decided I'll get the disc for Doom.

Hip Hop

To celebrate me buying an Xbox One S, I just purchased
Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Legacy Edition

geeze, forgot about Far Cry Primal. Apex Edition is 22 bucks...didn't find anything from search for Far Cry Primal in Neogaf.

Any feedback on this one?

NESpowerhouse

Perhaps he's wondering why someone would shoot a man before throwing him out of a plane.
Windows 10
Rise of the Tomb Raider - $23.99

Gee, this would have been nice earlier in the year, so I wouldn't have had to go through that bullshit of accidentally buying the Xbone version.

Why live sales are always worse than psn? I don't understand , if you are behind in number is sales, maybe you should be more aggressive with gane pricing ?

Toa TAK

Banned
geeze, forgot about Far Cry Primal. Apex Edition is 22 bucks...didn't find anything from search for Far Cry Primal in Neogaf.

Any feedback on this one?
I personally enjoyed it a lot. I didn't play 4 before this one so I wasn't fatigued by the formula and I was absorbed by the novelty of Stone Age Far Cry. Easy 1000/1000, as well.

Hmm, I was lamenting the fact that all 3 (Steam, PSN, XBL) were having these sales at the same time, but there really isn't anything for me here to pick up this time.

Prophane33

Awesome timing. I just hooked up my 360 again last week for the first time in 4 years, and bought a 250GB HDD (and a few exclusives I missed out on) to replace the 20GB HDD I've had for 10 years. Going to pick up Lost Odyssey and Beautiful Katamari on this sale.

Fredrik

if a game is on steam, thats where you should buy it
So, lets go from one closed box to another closed box?

Nah. GOG it is. Always GOG, otherwise just buy wherever it's the cheapest.

Anyhow, pretty decent prices here but I already have the best ones. Maybe I pick up ReCore just to have another PA title.

jond76

Banned
I see that The Darksiders Collection is down to $20. Its not on the list. For those interested.

Might pick up Watch Dogs 2

Night.Ninja

Banned
Who do I make a complaint to about the witcher 3 still being over priced I'm sure they had the complete edition on sale for £12.00 and now they have the vanilla version on sale for £14.99 straight fucking over early buyers of the game who want to go digital after buying the disk version

Not happy

statham

Who do I make a complaint to about the witcher 3 still being over priced I'm sure they had the complete edition on sale for £12.00 and now they have the vanilla version on sale for £14.99 straight fucking over early buyers of the game who want to go digital after buying the disk version

Not happy
why didnt you buy at 12? Sorry they fucked you over. They are evil masterminds.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
Is $45 the best deal for Injustice 2? Been meaning to snag that, but Tekken took priority.
basically the same price as GCU depending on your state tax situation, only you could resell a physical copy if you're only interested in story mode

Keinning

Grabbing Blue Dragon & Lego Beyond Gotham
I think its a pricing error: a Lego game for less than 50 reais! That never happens even in sales

Checking some impressions to see if i grab Kona & Tokyo 42 as well

Thinking about Dishonored 2 and Dying Light but probably not getting them because i believe the prices will still drop more in the near future

93xfan

Banned
In for some 360 games. I think I have everything I want on Xbox One unless there's a great discount on KI DE.

Unfortunately it's an exact repeat of the sales they had a few months ago for BC games. Wish Virtual Fighter 5, Daytona and Hard Corps Uprising were going on sale.

Gaogaogao

So, lets go from one closed box to another closed box?

Nah. GOG it is. Always GOG, otherwise just buy wherever it's the cheapest.

Anyhow, pretty decent prices here but I already have the best ones. Maybe I pick up ReCore just to have another PA title.

I didnt know rise of the tomb raider was on GOG

razzel

Any thoughts on the witness? I'm not usually into puzzle games, of course outside of portal and portal 2, but this one has me interested due to all the glowing reviews.

Buy at $16 or wait for cheaper?

rezn0r

Any thoughts on the witness? I'm not usually into puzzle games, of course outside of portal and portal 2, but this one has me interested due to all the glowing reviews.

Buy at $16 or wait for cheaper?

I mean, I'd say it's much more of a "puzzle" game than the Portals (that's worded bad, I love the Portals), so if you truly aren't into them you may be turned off by it early on... but it is really well done and a steal at $16 if you ask me.

I might jump in on The Witness. 16 money sounds solid. Cheapest I've seen it go has been 20 money.

I'm disappointed at Bioshock Collection being 30 money. I've seen it go for less. I think it was like 20 money at some other sale. But I missed it then by a few hours. I was at work so I couldn't buy it.

What up the_darkness.

Top Bottom