• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One adds Xbox 360 backwards compatibility

This intro to shadow complex is running at slideshow per second. Jeez
It wasn't silky for me or anything but it ran fine. I never played SC though so I don't have a frame if reference. Game jitters from time to time but not enough to make me like it any less. Really glad to play this as I missed out on it last gwn.

OEM

So I tried Gears 1. This was my first time trying out BC, and hollyshit. This things works well. Dint encounter any problem what so ever. Only played through 20min or so.

It didnt find my last check point from 360, but my saves did carried over. I was able to start mission from selection. I just couldn't do continue

Any chances of left 4 dead/2 being backwards compatible in the near future?

Outside of peripheral-based games and games with severe licensing issues, there's a chance for any game being compatible at any time. Though expect most of the early games to be Microsoft-published. Games With Gold games have been hinted to be a priority as well.

Chris1

Any chances of left 4 dead/2 being backwards compatible in the near future?

near future? who knows but I think they'll come at one point since it's Valve. Valve will for sure be on board with it I would imagine, they don't seem like the type of company to block it at all.

vg260

When was Gears a Games with Gold title?

It was in my Xbox One Games list, but I don't recall ever buying it.
I thought it was just Judegment and 3?

RPS37

I will be so pumped if a bunch of GWG games are BC. I've just been piling them up. It would be great to be able to play them on my bone.

OrangeOak

Gears works decent although there are some slowdowns from time to time.
Also I think I had some sensitivity issues. I had it set on high on x360 and when I launched game on Xbox One my settings were the same as on 360 but it felt slower. I had to choose medium sensitivity, confirm it and then swtich back to high.
Now it is ok.

I am curious if we can expect some improvements in BC performance or is it max that they can achieve.

gossi

Xbox UK tweeted this image, titled Legacy.

e61Zwgt.png

a.wd

FUCK EVERYTHING, BEAT FROM JET SET RADIO IS THERE! Don't play with me Spencer, just...just fucking don't, it hurts too much

Hopefully that image is showing off BC titles that will release before the end of the year. Has Microsoft given any indication on how fast they would be adding titles? I know they have to wait for publisher approval, but how optimistic are they that it will happen in a timely manner?

The Flash

Banned
Hopefully that image is showing off BC titles that will release before the end of the year. Has Microsoft given any indication on how fast they would be adding titles? I know they have to wait for publisher approval, but how optimistic are they that it will happen in a timely manner?

over a hundred titles at launch this holiday with hundreds more added in the months to come

never?!?! :(

DLC isn't accessible at the moment. DLC will work eventually.

Top Bottom