• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One adds Xbox 360 backwards compatibility

EvB

Did shadow complex save to the cloud? I had a continue file and it's placed me about 10 minutes in with only 99 hp, I don't remember ever starting a new save and originally had everything unlocked.

Either way i'm starting fresh for some new runs.

Any game could save to the cloud, if you moved the save there or started a save with cloud as the location

Egg0

Banned
remember, anywhere a game would show tearing on 360 will have vsync on xbox one unless they changed anything, so some areas will feel like it has lower framerate.

Gotcha, also that prologue is like less than a minute long if you skip cutscenes.

OrangeOak

Yikes the framerate in the prologue is not good. Was it as bad on the 360?

So far the Jason stuff is running fine.

It's pretty bad in prologue but I think it's a lot better when the actual game begins.
At least for the first 15 minutes that I played.

EDIT: oh I haven't noticed your Jonson comment. Ignore my post then.

sja_626

Banjo Kazooie and Tooie are still showing as ready to install for me, even though I never bought them, and haven't purchased Rare Replay. All I ever did was download the trial versions on 360. Strange.

Gears framerate is a little spotty, the game plays fine but i can't help but feel that sometimes a frame or two are being dropped or delayed thus it stops the game feeling smooth, think of the game playing at 27fps instead of 30.

i'm going to blame the vsync stuff going on.

Bsigg12

So I'm installing it from a disc that's been completely destroyed by time and it seems to be working, strange.

The disc is nothing more than a check to see if you own the game. It doesn't take anything off the disc and downloads everything from Live.

Is there a way to access the 360 dashboard so I can invite people to a private lobby in Gears?

Menu and View buttons at the same time launch the guide.

sja_626

So the Rare Replay 360 games get their own separate title from the BC digital versions, they have a little Rare Replay banner and are listed in the store as Xbox One titles. I wonder if this will also be the case with preorder bonuses like Fallout 3 and Rainbow Six moving forward. TBH I'd prefer they just straight up gave you the BC 360 version so that you could also play it on your 360 as well if you wanted. It would also reduce duplication. I ended up with multiples of a couple of the Rare Replay games in my ready to install list. Although with the hide feature it's not really a big deal.

EDIT: The little Rare Replay banner that's there during installation on the 360 tiles disappears once installation is complete. Weird.

So i have a account that owns gears 1 digitally but the game doesnt appear. Do i have to register this account into the preview program for this to work? Im already in the preview with my main account.

Shadow Complex does have some frame rate issues. Obviously the forced Vsync that is causing them to avoid tearing.

I don't remember tearing being that bad though on this game.

Hopefully it is a preview issue and will continue to improve.

Shadow complex is pretty choppy in spots. It's been a while since I played it, but the first time you can use a turret shows just how damn choppy. Still awesome I can replay it, so I'm happy.

Storm360

So the Rare Replay 360 games get their own separate title from the BC digital versions, they have a little Rare Replay banner and are listed in the store as Xbox One titles. I wonder if this will also be the case with preorder bonuses like Fallout 3 and Rainbow Six moving forward. TBH I'd prefer they just straight up gave you the BC 360 version so that you could also play it on your 360 as well if you wanted. It would also reduce duplication. I ended up with multiples of a couple of the Rare Replay games in my ready to install list. Although with the hide feature it's not really a big deal.

EDIT: The little Rare Replay banner that's there during installation on the 360 tiles disappears once installation is complete. Weird.

Rare Replay is done like this because they're slightly different versions, the rare replay versions have a option to exit to rare replay by holding down the start button.

muzzymate

Gears finally showed up in my list. Let's download this bad boy!

I just remembered Hydro Thunder Hurricane. I really hope that makes it to BC. Probably won't though.

HTH was published by Microsoft Games Studios, so chances are pretty good. It's high on my list too.

Shadow Complex does have some frame rate issues. Obviously the forced Vsync that is causing them to avoid tearing.

I don't remember tearing being that bad though on this game.

Hopefully it is a preview issue and will continue to improve.

Yep, just tried it and noticed right away.... that being said, it's just the prologue and everything afterward is fine.
The Vsync IS VERY welcome and I DON'T want it to go away... just hopefully they can get the framerates back to what they were in these games.

drotahorror

That'll be one Of the earlier ones to arrive

Hope you're right.

HTH was published by Microsoft Games Studios, so chances are pretty good. It's high on my list too.

Yeah, that would help it's chances for sure. Glad others are interested in it as well. I felt it was very underrated.

Just played a bit of Shadow Complex for the first time in a very long time. It's so dam good.

So I uploaded my 360 save to the cloud and loaded it up on Xbox One. None of my campaign missions or Insane mode are shown as unlocked. Does Gears not support cloud saves or something? I even double checked to make sure the storage location setting was correct.

muzzymate

Messed around with Gears for half an hour or so. Very impressed with the performance. Doesn't seem to have the frame rate issues seen with Mass Effect or Shadow Complex.

Top Bottom