• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Backwards Compatibility Thread: Everyone wants it, no one uses it

Moofers

Anyone see an increase in Gears of War 3 crashing?

YES. I was playing Horde a few nights ago and my system completely froze on me. Not only that, but I lost connection with the host and got booted out to the menus like 3 times. My connection is solid as a mofo too, so I know that's not it.

Also, I had Hulu lock up on me like 3 times that same week. I ended up doing the Target Xbox One S deal over the weekend because I was worried it was my Xbox One Regular starting to take a dive on me. I haven't played Gears 3 on my S unit yet, but I'll report in here when I do.

Loxley

COD2, 3 and World at War? Guess we got all the major (console) WW2 entries of the franchise now, pretty cool.

Then again, COD1 did get a digital console port to the 360, which I think a lot of people forgot about - wonder if that'll ever make it to BC?

Kill3r7

COD2, 3 and World at War? Guess we got all the major (console) WW2 entries of the franchise now, pretty cool.

Then again, COD1 did get a digital console release, which I think a lot of people forgot about - wonder if that'll ever make it to BC?

My guess is we see BLOPS 2 and COD1 over the next couple of weeks. Otherwise, we have to wait until early next year. I doubt Activision wants to detract from MW4R.

speedomodel

Yeah, would guess we'll see Black Ops 2 in a few weeks.

My guess? They'll try to bundle them into a preorder or purchase with the new COD to entice people..Buy the game get COD2/COD3/WAW/BLOPS/BLOPS2 for free or something.

Duxxy3

YES. I was playing Horde a few nights ago and my system completely froze on me. Not only that, but I lost connection with the host and got booted out to the menus like 3 times. My connection is solid as a mofo too, so I know that's not it.

Also, I had Hulu lock up on me like 3 times that same week. I ended up doing the Target Xbox One S deal over the weekend because I was worried it was my Xbox One Regular starting to take a dive on me. I haven't played Gears 3 on my S unit yet, but I'll report in here when I do.

I've been trying to get through 3's campaign all week and it just keeps locking up my system. Hopefully it's just a bug and not my system crapping out on me.

Yeah, would guess we'll see Black Ops 2 in a few weeks.

My guess? They'll try to bundle them into a preorder or purchase with the new COD to entice people..Buy the game get COD2/COD3/WAW/BLOPS/BLOPS2 for free or something.

Shit, I don't even want IW and I would consider pre-ordering for all those games.

Fox Mulder

Now I regret not buying the season pass when it was on sale :/

Me too.

I was glad it came BC, and commend MS for doing the work while knowing it will be delisted. I didn't jump on the dlc sales because they didn't announce that though.

Hopefully they do another sale or price drop before it's gone.

Duxxy3

I moved Gears 3 to the internal drive and so far no crashes. That patch fixed up a really bad area as well. Didn't noticed the chugging that usually happens - a few areas before you hijack the barge.

edit: And another hard crash. Fucking wonderful.

Backlogger

LA Noire, Midnight Club LA and Duke Nukem Forever are all on sale this week on Deals with Gold.

Any of those confirmed headed to BC?

Neff

Still waiting on lost odyssey. Figure it'll happen along with blue dragon (since that one was confirmed already)

When Lost Odyssey happens my 360 is officially retired. MS are doing an amazing job with BC.

Oh, and the Treasure Saturn games (Guardian Heroes, Radiant Silvergun).

When Lost Odyssey happens my 360 is officially retired. MS are doing an amazing job with BC.

Yes, they are, but unfortunately retiring the 360 will be hard since original Xbox games are not compatible with One, and I sincerely doubt they will do it. When Ninja Gaiden 2 become BC I would like to revisit the original as well.

Chitown B

Yes, they are, but unfortunately retiring the 360 will be hard since original Xbox games are not compatible with One, and I sincerely doubt they will do it. When Ninja Gaiden 2 become BC I would like to revisit the original as well.

Personally I can't go back to Xbox. 480p, 4x3, no achievements, baaaaaad textures. Meh.

im_dany

I don't care for how many games they bring on BC, I'll never "retire" my 360. It's my favourite console ever.

edit: double post ugh, didn't notice I had opened the same thread in two pages and replied to two different posts lol

Zeta Oni

Personally I can't go back to Xbox. 480p, 4x3, no achievements, baaaaaad textures. Meh.

That's why instead of trying to emulate them 360 style, MS should just do what they are doing with Phantom Dust (a quick port with some minor graphical upgrades and new Xbox live capabilities like achievements and arenas) for all the OG Xbox IP they can.

JeffG

Oh, and the Treasure Saturn games (Guardian Heroes, Radiant Silvergun).

For me it will be the Bioware games get released.

As it is, my 360 has only been on a couple of times since the XBox One was released..

amdb00mer

But... Panzer Dragoon Orta, Otogi 1 and 2, and some other games disagree. Something tells me some of the OG Xbox games will get the PS2 on PS4 treatment. MS scrapped the reboot of Phantom Dust and now they are doing like Sony did with those PS2 games. They are upping the resolution using the same assets and adding in achievements.

GWX

I love the effort MS's putting into preserve Xbox 360's legacy with BC, but the original Xbox has way more exclusives that need to be preserved, IMO. Simply emulating the original thing would be enough; going HD and stuff would be a nice bonus but it's not needed. The original Xbox was a rare sight here in Brazil back in the day, and it's very hard to buy one now. We need Xbox BC with the same level of care being given to Xbox 360 BC.

amdb00mer

What? You can play Enter The Matrix in 1080i!!

Eeeeesh.

Additionally Enter The Matrix came out 13 years ago. Yikes.

Yeah, MS was ahead of the game when it came to HD. There were a couple of 1080i games. I think Dragon's Lair 3D was one as well. Plus Soul Calibur 2 looked great in 720p (yes i know Namco stuck it at 4x3 in 720p) back then. I know we already got Soul calibur 2 via XBLA/PSN and then via BC on X1, but there are other great OG Xbox games out there that should be preserved (note, not remastered).

Moofers

I played Gears 3 horde on my Xbox One S last night and it crashed around wave 16 or so. I rebooted and played campaign for about 30 minutes and didn't get another crash, but I'm thinking this is definitely a B/C issue with the game and not related to my previous Xbox One model or the Xbox One S.

Just wanted to report in as promised.

I played Gears 3 horde on my Xbox One S last night and it crashed around wave 16 or so. I rebooted and played campaign for about 30 minutes and didn't get another crash, but I'm thinking this is definitely a B/C issue with the game and not related to my previous Xbox One model or the Xbox One S.

Just wanted to report in as promised.

Besides the crash, how's the performance?

I've never noticed before that retail is putting stickers on 360 games that are backwards compatible.
ABWWxkK.jpg

Smart.

Top Bottom