• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Backwards Compatibility Thread: Everyone wants it, no one uses it

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
I have no need for it until the full Mass Effect trilogy can be played with all my bought DLC carried over and my save games.

On that note, do save games carry over from XBL or do you start anew?

My X360 only lives on in my lounge due to Mass Effect, once it's converted to BC: it's shelf life for the lil' trooper Elite (it was an amazing console during it's 7 year stint!).

shanafan

I have no need for it until the full Mass Effect trilogy can be played with all my bought DLC carried over and my save games.

My X360 only lives on in my lounge due to Mass Effect, once it's converted to BC: it's shelf life for the lil' trooper Elite (it was an amazing console during it's 7 year stint!).

Your game saves are on the cloud. Xbox One will grab them.

Unfortunately, Mass Effect 2 and 3 are both multi-disc games, and neither is available digitally. So I'm not sure how much change there is of those showing up, as much as I'd love to replay them all on my Xbox One.

Chris1

It was at launch, but I think they fitted it on one disc later. It's also available on GonD, which means the game package is already done.

It was also GwG and Phil said that's one of their priorities.

Good to hear TW2 is happening, had no doubt about it though CDPR are too consumer friendly to deny it. After playing the masterpiece that is Witcher 3, I feel like I need to at least try the older games.

Vitacat

How's Halo Reach performance these days?

I just finished the campaign 2 days ago, and it ran well enough for me. But it still has some sound stutters and frame drops -- altho I have not played it on an actual 360 so can't directly compare. But yeah, played the campaign and had fun doing it.

darthbob

I just finished the campaign 2 days ago, and it ran well enough for me. But it still has some sound stutters and frame drops -- altho I have not played it on an actual 360 so can't directly compare. But yeah, played the campaign and had fun doing it.

That's promising. Last time I played it on XB1 it was a slideshow. :/

darthbob

That's an exaggeration. I played Halo Reach when it got bc and it was far from a slideshow. As I've already mentioned here: I didn't notice anything crazy during my session.

I wouldn't call it an exaggeration, but I suppose each person's experience can vary based on how used they are to experiencing smooth gameplay.

Went from 60FPS Halo 5 to Halo Reach's first outing in BC and the difference was staggering.

ThaGuy

Will someone please find out whats going on with the left 4 dead series for bc. My favorite games last gen for 360 and im itching for some coop play.

amdb00mer

That's an exaggeration. I played Halo Reach when it got bc and it was far from a slideshow. As I've already mentioned here: I didn't notice anything crazy during my session.

I think one of the reason people's experience differs with the same game could be where they installed it. I install all my games to an external HDD that has 1GB DDR3 Ram for the buffer. I don't have all the crazy slowdowns that others have reported with BC. I have the occasionally hiccup, but nothing that prevents me from enjoying the game. Only two games I still have any kind of real degraded performance with are Perfect Dark Zero and Mass Effect. The V-Sync in those does cause big drops. Although I should revisit them. They may have had updates in the past couple of months that increased performance or removed the V-Sync.

I think one of the reason people's experience differs with the same game could be where they installed it. I install all my games to an external HDD that has 1GB DDR3 Ram for the buffer. I don't have all the crazy slowdowns that others have reported with BC. I have the occasionally hiccup, but nothing that prevents me from enjoying the game. Only two games I still have any kind of real degraded performance with are Perfect Dark Zero and Mass Effect. The V-Sync in those does cause big drops. Although I should revisit them. They may have had updates in the past couple of months that increased performance or removed the V-Sync.

Mass effect had an update around BC launch that helped it, it still has a few low frame areas but it's at that point where they can't really do much more with it because the game always had performance issues on 360.

Nier would be a good idea at some point. The only way I am going to play the sequel is if I try out the first game.

Lucky for you it will have nothing to do with the first game and actually play better than it. Still a great game but it will have no bearing on your enjoyment of the next title.

firehawk12

Subete no aware

Your game saves are on the cloud. Xbox One will grab them.

There was a problem with ME3 being unable to read ME2 saves from the cloud, since the game came out right when the feature was implemented. I have no idea if this was ever fixed in a patch though. Certainly they would need to fix it if they ever want it to work with BC anyway.

amdb00mer

Mass effect had an update around BC launch that helped it, it still has a few low frame areas but it's at that point where they can't really do much more with it because the game always had performance issues on 360.

Good deal. I have been meaning to complete Mass Effect on 360. I completed the trilogy on PC, but would like to play through again for the achievements.

Chris1

Starting to think we won't get the list today either, last months list was posted at 6am PST. That was a few hours ago now.

Starting to think we won't get the list today either, last months list was posted at 6am PST. That was a few hours ago now.

It's an American federal holiday (MLK Day), so I wouldn't expect it today when corporate announcements rarely take place on them out of basic respect, I imagine.

im_dany

They usually release news between 2 PM and 4 PM CET, it's now almost 5 PM so I don't think today's the day.

Maybe tomorrow along with new Deals with Gold? I hope so.

The reason it takes a little longer this month is that the list is gonna be huge you guys!!

:(

After how Reach released last month, I think they would shrink the lists and focus on better optimizations and tweaks as well as more comprehensive testing to inform that extra work. Of course, it's really only the most demanding titles that are not working as well as you'd hope, at least, compared to the original hardware performance. Seems that more than 90% of the games on the BC list are basically perfect in terms of performance so far, IME.

MauroNL

After how Reach released last month, I think they would shrink the lists and focus on better optimizations and tweaks as well as more comprehensive testing to inform that extra work. Of course, it's really only the most demanding titles that are not working as well as you'd hope, at least, compared to the original hardware performance. Seems that more than 90% of the games on the BC list are basically perfect in terms of performance so far, IME.
This seems like a better idea. Reach was pretty awful with the initial release, but with the updates it worked better. For example South Park works flawelessly for me, except for the odd cutscene with out of sync audio. Oh and it doesn't seem to unlock any achievements for me for some reason. I should have had 8 or 9 by now but still 0.

amdb00mer

This seems like a better idea. Reach was pretty awful with the initial release, but with the updates it worked better. For example South Park works flawelessly for me, except for the odd cutscene with out of sync audio. Oh and it doesn't seem to unlock any achievements for me for some reason. I should have had 8 or 9 by now but still 0.

I had the same issue. I had to go back to my 360 and load it up, just to get the achievements to pop. Hopefully this will get fixed in the future.

Top Bottom