• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Backwards Compatibility Thread: Everyone wants it, no one uses it

MauroNL

I had the same issue. I had to go back to my 360 and load it up, just to get the achievements to pop. Hopefully this will get fixed in the future.
Did everything unlock at once when you tried that? Might hook up my 360 if I've finished the game if that makes all the achievements pop.

amdb00mer

Did everything unlock at once when you tried that? Might hook up my 360 if I've finished the game if that makes all the achievements pop.

It was strange. A few unlocked back to back immediately. Some did not unlock until I complete a couple of battles.

Lichter

I've played Deus Ex for like two hours and it runs pretty well.

And btw, it is the first Deus Ex i'm playing, I love the ambiance. It could make me buy Mankind Divided.

I've played Deus Ex for like two hours and it runs pretty well.

And btw, it is the first Deus Ex i'm playing, I love the ambiance. It could make me buy Mankind Divided.

Seems like a lot of people are discovering this game for the first time thanks to GWG. It's really a gem of a game and you should be excited for Mankind Divided!

Zeta Oni

So im really interested to see some more in-depth looks at some of these BC games, because like previously mentioned I believe Deus Ex: HR is actually running better than it was on 360 so far.

BC has been completely useless for me so far.

All I wanted was Gears 3, Halo Wars and Tekken Tag 2.

The Gears 3 performance is a disgrace. You cannot seriously compete online with the wacky framerate and input lag. Sure you can play it, but it's like playing drunk or high or some shit. It's just not quite right. Really hopeful this gets fixed up ay some stage.

They can't possibly think this is acceptable right?

The Gears 3 performance is a disgrace. You cannot seriously compete online with the wacky framerate and input lag. Sure you can play it, but it's like playing drunk or high or some shit. It's just not quite right. Really hopeful this gets fixed up ay some stage.

Gears 3 performance is fine. Have you tried it recently?

Tbh I'm not sure why anyone is seriously expecting emulated online to ever be perfect, especially competitively I'd think the native players will always have an advantage. I think of back compat as mostly for single player.

Gears 3 performance is fine. Have you tried it recently?

Last week. It's certainly not fine. When you can lose shotgun battles due to wacky performance there is a problem.

Tbh I'm not sure why anyone is seriously expecting emulated online to ever be perfect, especially competitively I'd think the native players will always have an advantage. I think of back compat as mostly for single player.
I mean I guess you're right. I certainly didn't expect perfect, how it is now isn't nearly acceptable to me personally though. Gears 3 seriously runs like shit.

This seems like a better idea. Reach was pretty awful with the initial release, but with the updates it worked better. For example South Park works flawelessly for me, except for the odd cutscene with out of sync audio. Oh and it doesn't seem to unlock any achievements for me for some reason. I should have had 8 or 9 by now but still 0.

To be fair, it's a problem even with current xbox one titles.

mclem

Think it came out on Thursday last month.

I don't think it's wise to necessarily read too much into scheduling based around December, given there's likely to be intent to get things out of the way in time for Christmas. Jan and Feb will probably give us a better long-term benchmark.

flkraven

Whenever this thread gets bumped...

frustration.gif~c200

EvB

They could just make the Xbox One install the game like multiple disc PC games install.

After a certain point in the installation it could just ask for disc 2, then disc 3, etc.

I don't think installing it is the problem, rather that the software is looking for the game in the same place that it ran from.
Also they have to be super vigilante when they implement dual disc systems as it can create all manner of loopholes in security. This was one of the reasons that ejecting the disc causes the 360 to reset to the dash quits the software and prevents it from trying to load data it wouldn't have looked at otherwise

They could just make the Xbox One install the game like multiple disc PC games install.

After a certain point in the installation it could just ask for disc 2, then disc 3, etc.

Yeah, they're working on it just no indication if or when they figure it out, here's a quote from Phil Spencer

"We're still working on multi-disc," he said. "Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon are some of my favourites from the 360. There's actually work in packing a multi-disc into single that requires us to go back and look at the original package on the multiple discs and reconfigure that."

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
I'm playing through Gears of War: Judgment, and I finished it and Aftermath. The problem? The game is saying I didn't complete it. It only has the first act and the last act completed, acting like I skipped the middle act and I finished Aftermath and it's acting like I didn't play through it at all. Any ideas? I was hoping to playthrough co-op with my buddies on insane but I can't until this glitch is gone.

amardilo

My console just downloaded and applied the latest Preview build and I noticed that Age of Booty was in my Ready to Install list in My Games and Apps.

Was this game already announced/released or have they started adding more games?

Top Bottom