• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Backwards Compatibility Thread: Everyone wants it, no one uses it

EvB

These are the Xbox One art files

jesu

I don't what is up with the Witcher 2, I already got it with GWG anyway, but it's been removed from the UK xbox.com now.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
If Tekken Tag 2 is BC, then this gives me hope that Tekken 7 is hitting the X1 as well. Seeing MVC2, VF5FS and SCIV mentioned as well are all great, I have those on digital download too.

MauroNL

If Tekken Tag 2 is BC, then this gives me hope that Tekken 7 is hitting the X1 as well. Seeing MVC2, VF5FS and SCIV mentioned as well are all great, I have those on digital download too.
This was already confirmed to be coming to X1. Or do you mean Tekken 6 from 360?

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
This was already confirmed to be coming to X1. Or do you mean Tekken 6 from 360?

I'm still unsure about the status of Tekken 7, unless there was something straight from Namco's mouth. I think they mentioned it was coming to "game consoles" at the Paris Games week press conference Sony had, but didn't mention anything else beyond that.

amdb00mer

Hopefully the announcement will come today. I'm still holding out hope for NCAA Football 14 (EA still owns the CFB license, that is why they are still able to sell the digital version) and Amped 3. I would take SSX as a consolation, but prefer Amped 3.

It's not showing for me. They must've caught it. Booooo

Yeah, that's too bad. The game isn't quite perfect on X1, but totally playable and very close to X360 in the first release. Just based on this early look, I'm super positive about VF5/VF5FS as those aren't nearly as demanding and should work perfectly (I hope). I'd be totally surprised if TTT2 doesn't make the next list just based on what I've played.

10 more minutes. I so hope that RDR is included this time. And Mafia 2 while we are at it.

We will see. One thing to note is that we did get a heads up from Major Nelson the day before the announcement last time. We have received no such heads up this time.

EvB

Ok, as it is so close, let's make a few guesses based upon what I've dug up over the last few months and recent activity.

These are all on their way, but maybe point towards being sooner rather than later

Bioshock 1, 2 and infinite
Blops
Dark Souls
The Witcher 2
Alan Wake
Jet Set Radio
Skull Girls
Monaco
Sam N Max season 1 and 2
Beautiful Katamari
Soul Calibur games always showed up at the same time as Tekken games

mike4001_

http://majornelson.com/2016/01/21/new-xbox-one-backward-compatibility-titles-are-now-available/

Aegis Wing
Age of Booty
Counter-Strike: GO
Jeremy McGrath’s Offroad
Sam & Max Save the World
Skullgirls
Small Arms
Soulcalibur
Space Giraffe
The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings

In addition to adding a few new titles to the backward compatibility list, we’re also going to start releasing titles as they become available rather than a set monthly launch date. What this means for you is that you won’t have to wait to find out the latest titles; we’ll release whatever is available, when they’re available, once each title has received the engineering and publisher stamp of approval.

Why would there be an announcement today? They'd make a heads up on blogs/Twitter if there was.

Ya'll thirsty and straight trippin

EDIT: WOW I'm an idiot lol

MrBlonde

Hopefully the announcement will come today. I'm still holding out hope for NCAA Football 14 (EA still owns the CFB license, that is why they are still able to sell the digital version) and Amped 3. I would take SSX as a consolation, but prefer Amped 3.
I am in the mood for a snowboarding game big time!! I want ssx, never played amped. Wasn't that a launch game? Not sure how it would hold up over the years but ssx was fun
..... Better yet can I have a current gen snowboarding game please. I have heard no rumors of anything like that

we’re also going to start releasing titles as they become available rather than a set monthly launch date. What this means for you is that you won’t have to wait to find out the latest titles; we’ll release whatever is available, when they’re available, once each title has received the engineering and publisher stamp of approval.

This is good.

Top Bottom