• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

Azzurri

Got some basic TV questions,

1. DO I need to run the HDMI in to my X1 for the TV services to work?

2. Does this mean I don't have to use DTV's crappy and slow interface now. Can I use my Mobile phone to control my DTV? Is smart glass this.

3. So if I'm watching TV, can I just say 'Xbox Play Ryse' as long as my DTV is integrated with my X1?

Rey

@netBuff

I don't think people have problems discussing the negatives of the Xbox One in this thread.

The problem is that your posts feel like a pop up ad which keep popping up and is trying to persuade people into buying a product.

RetroStu

Banned
10 more minutes until Forza 5 reviews \o/

Mostly 8's with a few 9's. We already know what we will get with Forza gameplay wise, a great driving sim but i think some reviewers will be slightly harsher due to the game having less content compared to say Forza 4.

7BVWF2i.png

you'd be surprised how many people I added to my ignore list since the XB1 reveal

To be honest, i have never 'got' console wars, i always buy both main consoles and although i do side with Xbox more because of the gamepad and exclusives (although i adore Uncharted) it means i never have understood siding with one console over the other and how obsessed people get with it (like the Amazon Sony fans who have made 100 accounts each to report the Xbox One being faulty on launch day just because the PS4 has had problems, i mean like wtf?).
I think thats why i get so annoyed with it because its so weird to me.

People like picking a side and feeling a sense of validation for their choice when their team is performing better. They are doubly motivated if they feel that their conduct is somehow influencing the outcome.

It's quite common amongst other competitive areas also. However, when you combine that team mentality with the general audience (younger or socially under developed) mental makeup in the gaming hobby, you get what you see here. While it does have an entertainment value, for me, the annoyance comes from repeated nonsense that I have to filter through in order to get some basic info.

EagleEyes

To be honest, i have never 'got' console wars, i always buy both main consoles and although i do side with Xbox more because of the gamepad and exclusives (although i adore Uncharted) it means i never have understood siding with one console over the other and how obsessed people get with it (like the Amazon Sony fans who have made 100 accounts each to report the Xbox One being faulty on launch day just because the PS4 has had problems, i mean like wtf?).
I think thats why i get so annoyed with it because its so weird to me.
Welcome to the internet 2013 edition lol. On the internet, as you probably know, if one thing is good nothing could possibly be as good also. Its not just games though, happens in everything from movies to cars to well, everything. For the record, i'm enjoying my PS4 as well but I also side with Xbox for the controller and Microsoft's emphasis on online co-op being in the majority of their exclusives, something sorely missing in the big exclusives for Sony.

Victrix

*beard*
Woo, got my order in. Now fingers crossed waiting on shipment announcement.

I was really planning on jumping on the PS4 bandwagon (first) this gen because the hardware looks better for multiplat games, but Titanfall is that big of a deal for me, so it'll be Bone first, PS4 later.

Meantime, excite! AC4 and Ghosts en route, thinking I'll gamefly Ryse and maybe DR3 though that's not really my kinda game.

Bummed at the Crimson Dragon reviews, but I love all the Panzer titles, so I'll poke around for more gaf impressions before I write that off.

Kacho

People like picking a side and feeling a sense of validation for their choice when their team is performing better. They are doubly motivated if they feel that their conduct is somehow influencing the outcome.

It's quite common amongst other competitive areas also. However, when you combine that team mentality with the general audience (younger or socially under developed) mental makeup in the gaming hobby, you get what you see here. While it does have an entertainment value, for me, the annoyance comes from repeated nonsense that I have to filter through in order to get some basic info.

Well said.

So Forza reviews this morning?

Redshirt

Banned
Hey guys this might be a dumb question, however I need to know please, do I require the play&charge kit for the controller if I plan to most of the time play with the controller plugged in the usb port?

Or does the controller come with a cable where I can just plug it into the xbox one and ignore batteries?

You don't need the kit, but the console doesn't come with a USB to micro-USB cable.

The Flash

Banned
Guys, I'm just going to say my two cents and then just leave it be. We should all already know this but here it goes; IF someone is trolling, contact a mod. If you don't like what someone has to say then add them to your ignore list. I know you're all excited for this console and you don't want someone raining on your parade but if the information someone provides is factual then there's not much that you can do about that. I don't like having my parade rained on either but I also don't want to see this thread devolve into petty name-calling and finger-pointing. This thread has had a really good run and I don't want to see it locked. Enter South Park gif for extra emphasis.

Bn6RfEp.gif

No movement on Amazon as of now.

You might want to start preparing yourself for the possibility that you won't get it on Friday. It sucks, I know, but that may become a reality unfortunately.

ParityBit

Man, so many junior members to ignore....

I am looking forward to getting the system Friday, then updating it! I picked up Ryse as my only disc based game. I figured I need something in the chance XBL goes down when I am trying to download KI/DR3/Forza or something like that!

operon

I hope not too. I purchased the console legitimately from my game shop. Also, UAE doesn't have a release date yet.

I thought the other guys temp ban was because he was posting info and pics etc. There was supposed to have been 150 consoles from target out in the wild or i'm remembering it wrong again

The Flash

Banned
I thought the other guys temp ban was because he was posting info and pics etc. Their was supposed to have been 150 consoles from target out in the wild or i'm remembering it wrong again

That's the sum of it. MS hadn't finished working on LIVE and they didn't want him to get access to it because of that. Also a bunch of agreements with media partners and what not. Major said that he'd be able to get back on LIVE before launch so maybe today or tomorrow.

I don't know why you guys are always so determined to have an echo chamber thread where you can just bounce constant positive statements off each other and drown out any negative voices.
I don't think anybody in here is against discussion but that does not seem to be his interest. He's as closed to positive Xbox One talk as some are to negative. Also most other threads are an echo chamber of negative comments.

gossi

I don't know why you guys are always so determined to have an echo chamber thread where you can just bounce constant positive statements off each other and drown out any negative voices.

My last few posts have been about Microsoft's Azure Cloud (where Xbox Live is) sucks and Live will probably go offline at launch, bricking peoples consoles. I don't want an echo chamber. I also don't want blatant trolling of every. single. thing.

Top Bottom