• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

derFeef

to me there is more positive info going around about the 1 than negative, voice commands are cool, but they never played a part in my decision to buy the console. I came for the games and everything else is just icing on the cake. I think people like to focus on the negative more than anything.

Not saying the problems should not be mentioned and they should be fixed asap, but it feels like they are constantly hammering on that stuff, reapting it over and over again while sitting on this high horse that also has problems - it's almost making fun of those who enjoy the time of launch and the games, and is quite insulting in a way.

Agreed. It's a shame that it's become a cool thing to hate on Microsoft and the Xbox.

Yea I agree, the last few weeks I feel have been a turn around for the x1. It's a shame there are those who refuse to see the positivity in anything just to validate their own opinions, but to each his own I guess.

Reposting this from the No Dolby 5.1 support with Xbone optical port? thread

Extremely disappointed in this news. I just bought an astro mixamp specifically for the xbone and ps4. On the astro gaming site they state their mixamp will work with both the xbone and ps4.

Here are the descriptions:

Xbox One Compatibility

Our headsets will all deliver Dolby® Digital GAME AUDIO on the Xbox One, just like they do for the Xbox 360.

PS4 Compatibility

ASTRO headsets are fully compatible with PS4 once the Firmware 1.50 update has been applied to the console. Our headsets will deliver Dolby® Digital 5.1 and 7.1 game audio and full voice chat functionality over the PlayStation Network.

Notice the difference?

Ya, even though the xbox one description states it will work "just like they do for the xbox 360", they only mention Dolby® Digital and not Dolby® Digital 5.1 and 7.1 like the ps4 description does.
This leads me to believe astro knew that dolby surround would not work through their mixamp on the xbox one but worded it in a way that would deceive many potential customers, including myself.

Microsoft needs to come out and tell us if dolby digital through the optic port will be enabled in the future or not, straight up.

This is some bullshit.

Phat Michael's pics getting me all hot and steamy

More plz!
8z1W0jM.jpg

Yea I agree, the last few weeks I feel have been a turn around for the x1. It's a shame there are those who refuse to see the positivity in anything just to validate their own opinions, but to each his own I guess.

It costs more and has weaker hardware.

Those two points alone have lead to a huge wave of defectors. You can't get around that unfortunate couple of facts.

What MS really needed to do was bring about a new wave of strong IPs, that hasn't happened. Bit difficulty when you've sacked all of your first party studios.

EagleEyes

Not saying the problems should not be mentioned and they should be fixed asap, but it feels like they are constantly hammering on that stuff, reapting it over and over again while sitting on this high horse that also has problems - it's almost making fun of those who enjoy the time of launch and the games, and is quite insulting in a way.
Rest assured that very soon, like this friday lol, the people that actually spend the $500 and bought some games on top of it too will have the final say. Then we will get honest and actual in the home impressions of the Xbox One and will be able to really go through the system and tell forum peeps what its all about. :)

derFeef

Those two points alone have lead to a huge wave of defectors. You can't get around that unfortunate couple of facts.

What MS really needed to do was bring about a new wave of strong IPs, that hasn't happened. Bit difficulty when you've sacked all of your first party studios.

And you are so wrong about that, you know this, right?

So I grabbed one of the pre orders this morning on Amazon. Chose two day shipping to get it on Friday and then I went to the gym. When I got back I checked my order and it said November 26th as the delivery date and I hurried my ass up and changed it to one day shipping. But now I'm out an extra 12 bucks (not much, I know. But still). I'm chatting with Amazon and they said it was an availability issue. WTF?

So check your orders again, people!

So I grabbed one of the pre orders this morning on Amazon. Chose two day shipping to get it on Friday and then I went to the gym. When I got back I checked my order and it said November 26th as the delivery date and I hurried my ass up and changed it to one day shipping. But now I'm out an extra 12 bucks (not much, I know. But still). I'm chatting with Amazon and they said it was an availability issue. WTF?

The same thing happened to me. I jumped into a chat and had them switch it back to a guaranteed November 22nd delivery date.

Next-gen is back on!

The same thing happened to me. I jumped into a chat and had them switch it back to a guaranteed November 22nd delivery date.

Next-gen is back on!
Fuck. They did that for free?? They wouldn't budge on mine and basically told me to eat the 12 bucks if I wanted it Friday.

Thanks for the heads up. Mine still says guaranteed by Nov 22nd at 8pm so think I'm good.

Ecto311

Any consensus on the game to get on release date? Forza looks the most family friendly but I dont want it to be too hard for my 4yr old.

Ok I have a green xbox one screen.. But nothing else. It's frozen. Completely. Have done update I can click buttons and hear the sounds of things being selected but Al I have is the logo. The isn't good

ekim

Any consensus on the game to get on release date? Forza looks the most family friendly but I dont want it to be too hard for my 4yr old.

Zoo Tycoon for your kid!

Ok I have a green xbox one screen.. But nothing else. It's frozen. Completely. Have done update I can click buttons and hear the sounds of things being selected but Al I have is the logo. The isn't good

Wait a bit. I've read the first boot from the cold might take a while. Maybe restart it?

Ecto311

Zoo Tycoon for your kid!

I was thinking that but being a selfish dick I am after one of the "day one" games that have the logo and other shit in it. I am looking for zoo tycoon for xmas though for sure it looks actually really decent and my wife has played that game for a long time.

No disrespect intended but I don't see what your post has to do with the topic. It is indeed very disappointing that the machine is weaker and price is higher but that shouldn't mean that because of these two factors that everything else becomes a negative.

I'm not surprised there are defectors. There are always going to be defectors no matter the situation.

What I tried to say and maybe failed to express in my previous is that there is for sure an overwhelming source of negativity that refuse to see any good out of the x1 regardless of whether it's praise from the press, hands on impressions etc. and I get it, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I have friends that hate the x1 just as much as the next. But why come into a thread specifically made to be a place for people to get hype around the launch and be negative knowing that you are not interested in the console whatsoever?

Top Bottom