• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One - my digital games won't start

Cynn

Luckily I just watched a tips video for Halo FFA and got pumped to try them out before this happened.

Now I'm watching retro vids on the PS4 and deflated. lol

I hope this is fixed before GW2.

icespide

Banned
MSCreativeTweet4.jpg

jelly

The OS is absolutely bizarre, even when they had time with a revamp, these things still exist. I get they want you always connected and know what your doing for reasons think of the consumer for once, ease of use. If Microsoft care so much about usage stats etc. save them while offline and upload when a user goes online.

1. Apps should work even if Xbox Live goes down.
2. A user should not have to do anything to make it work, for example, switch to offline mode.
3. Blu-Ray player working offline, come on!

Aceofspades

Banned
Doesn't Xbox have an equivalent of "primary" account on PS4?

On primary devices you can still access all your digital content even without logging in online.

Great MS, just great, it's been more than a half hour that I can't access hundreds of dollars that I have to you.

On primary devices you can still access all your digital content even without logging in online.
Yes it does and it's not working

Korosenai

I'm starting smite, and the game is actually working, I can see the loading screens moving, but then the game just stops.

Colbert

Banned
Tried to set the Xbox One to offline in the network settings? This should normally work to play at least single player portions of games!

Yes it does, but multiple people in the thread have stated that this is their primary account and home console and it still isn't working.

lotus1

Neo Member
Unplugging my ethernet cable and taking the console offline has enabled me to watch blu rays and play digital games again. However as all the saves are stored in the cloud means none of my progress will be saved...

mcrommert

Banned
"Going all digital because putting a disc in is too much effort".

FFS.

EVERYTHING locally downloaded should work if XBL is down. At least for 3 days or something.

Seriously people...USE THE OFFLINE MODE

Its on the damn side panel and it takes zero effort to work...If this console is your home console the games will work offline forever

Or pull your ethernet cord...that works too

kowhai

Yep. Nothing works. Home consol e and set offline.

They really need to let apps work when xbox live is down. The way things are at the moment the box is just that...a box.

LostDonkey

It's no good saying this is why you don't go full digital...

Apps aren't working. Things like YouTube etc that should need no connection to Xbox Live at all aren't working. Blu Ray discs aren't working.

It isn't just digital games that are affected. 80% of the consoles functionality is kaput because live is having trouble.

Nabbis

Bought PS4, bitched about PS plus. Bought Xbone, bicthing about Live. Why the fuck am i paying those cunts for online multiplayer?

icespide

Banned
why isn't the console smart enough to know that if it fails to connect it should go into offline mode? Why is it a manual thing?

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
Has it? Quantify "a lot"

Yeah this.

I've been playing almost daily since Rocket League launched and am yet to experience an issue even while the system status messAges are live on the website.

I must have some magical console that seems to ignore the issues and just says "Fuck it" and connects to Live anyway.

LostDonkey

Seriously people...USE THE OFFLINE MODE

Its on the damn side panel and it takes zero effort to work...If this console is your home console the games will work offline forever

Or pull your ethernet cord...that works too

No it doesn't. Not for me or several others in this thread. Nothing is working.

Syriel

Doing the same to me. This is my home console, I bought these games with my gamertag, can't start them.

I've only bought maybe 1/3rd of my games digitally, and while today is only a minor inconvenience, it's a realization of the crap I've been telling people could "theoretically" happen if you have all digital libraries.

Sure is making me reconsider any more digital games.

Can't play Rocket League. And we can't play Gears.

All my games are digital.

Fantastic.

Not being able to watch a blu ray because xbox live is having problems is some of the dumbest shit ever.

Considering it's a brick at the moment. Yeah really.

"Going all digital because putting a disc in is too much effort".

FFS.

EVERYTHING locally downloaded should work if XBL is down. At least for 3 days or something.

Everything does work if you are offline. Forever. No time limits.

Either unplug the Ethernet cable or set the console to offline and all your digital game downloads will work, so long as it is your home console.

And why the hell are the pins disappearing? Such a nonsense.

Pins are online. Not local.

It does. It is called home console. Digital purchases on the home console will work until the end of time offline.

What it sounds like from this thread is that people are partially connected to XBL and there are issues with the authentication servers which is causing issues. If XBL isn't working, disconnect and play to your heart's content.

JeffG

why isn't the console smart enough to know that if it fails to connect it should go into offline mode? Why is it a manual thing?

This is a guess, so take it for what its worth.

But probably because there is more than one connection type. I would hazard a guess that the issue is that only some of the servers are down. So the XBox is in a partially online/offline state.

mcrommert

Banned
No it doesn't. Not for me or several others in this thread. Nothing is working.

100% i don't believe you...using it right now

Perhaps you don't have home console setup correctly

Because it would if the servers were 100% off...what is happening is they are connecting...just either not correctly or only part of the service is working. So the xbox is not getting the message that online isn't working. Since you are smarter than the xbox you need to tell it something is wrong.

I'm usually one of the lucky ones who has no issues when Live is fucking up for people. Not this time, though. Sucks. I'm chilling in a party with some peeps and 1 person lives about 20 minutes away and is experiencing no issues...

shandy706

There needs to be a sticky that tells people that use Steam/X1/PS4

Sticky said:
Is your game that has any online check-ins or online content not starting up?

"First thing you should try is going into offline mode". If it's multiplayer and your internet is down, or the service is down, you can't play it silly. If it's not multiplayer then going offline can often fix these digital games to where you can play them right away"

Xbox Live has been going down a lot recently.

What's up with that?

It hasn't gone down on me once in the past week+ that people said it was down.

Syriel

Unplugging my ethernet cable and taking the console offline has enabled me to watch blu rays and play digital games again. However as all the saves are stored in the cloud means none of my progress will be saved...

Saves are stored locally as well as in the cloud.

If you play offline, the save will sync to the cloud the next time you are online.

Aeternal

Neo Member
Was able to run black ops 3 in offline mode. I figured i could switch to the settings screen and turn it back to online. Nope, as soon as i did it booted me out saying the game couldn't 'start'. Gotta watch out for all those modded xbox obes right! Heh

LostDonkey

It's back up for me.

100% i don't believe you...using it right now

Perhaps you don't have home console setup correctly

Yeah? I have it set up as my home console. I share gold with my son. Tried setting to offline, pulled the ethernet, turned the router off etc. Console was still refusing to start digital content and asking for discs.

Top Bottom