• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One - my digital games won't start

Cynn

Yeah, it would be nice, although I don't know how parts of XBL being down affect EA's own services.
I believe it's failing at the "Do you own this?" phase so it's not even getting to the EA servers because the Xbox isn't sure if you own and can even boot up the game.

Damn, I bought the GW2 deluxe edition digital for my son, he has been super stoked for this game. He has been looking forward to waking up early Tuesday the 23 so he can play before school for weeks now. He's gonna be majorly bummed if MS still hasn't gotten their shit together by morning.

And to think they wanted an always online console this gen. Ha!

Syriel

Isn´t the problem that the console is basically capable to start everything offline.

But this time we are still connected (this works), so Xbox online checks every license and there was the problem that it got a "wrong" license returned and therefore it blocked our games?

This is exactly the issue. When offline, all of your digital purchases will work just fine.

Anyone who can get fully connected online also works just fine.

The problems are those who are partially connected online, but not completely.

Blu ray player doesn't work for me. Surely that's a step too far that I can't even watch a movie!?

Go offline. Problem solved.

Aceofspades

Banned
So, is going completely offline fix this on home console?

Edit: by fixing I mean being able to start Digital games or apps.

ResoRai

Possibly a dumbass question, but could the recent update have something to do with this?
I always thought it was odd pins weren't available offline at launch.

But since they're available offline now via update maybe they created some type of digital bridge between online and offline that's messing up the system.

or maybe I just need sleep ._.

Plasma

Banned
This is exactly the issue. When offline, all of your digital purchases will work just fine.

Anyone who can get fully connected online also works just fine.

The problems are those who are partially connected online, but not completely.
I don't get why this is the solution, surely if it can't connect to the server to verify licenses it should just run it in offline by default or at least pop something up saying hey look we can't connect but we can launch this in offline mode if you want yes/no. People shouldn't have to go looking on a forum for this sort of information.

SRTtoZ

This is so damn annoying.

Requisitions: Retrieving Data, Retrieving Data, Retrieving Data.

Can I play my fucking game please MS? Please?

Deception

Was having problems playing earlier in the night but since 9pm ct I have been able to play R6:S and BO3 with no problems, sucks that other people are still having problems.

madmackem

Yeah this.

I've been playing almost daily since Rocket League launched and am yet to experience an issue even while the system status messAges are live on the website.

I must have some magical console that seems to ignore the issues and just says "Fuck it" and connects to Live anyway.
Late on a night uk time parties have been borked on and off for weeks now, mates have been going ape shit about it. Lucky I don't play to the wee hours so never noticed issues either, but they are most deffo there if you're playing at a certain time it seems.

danowat

Banned
I signed in ok this morning, but some games work, some work after crashing out due to taking to long to load, others don't work at all.

Obviously not affecting everyone because there are people on my friends list playing games I can't.

Marketplace is also broken for me, only showing two items in total.

the one day i take off this week and this shit happens....sitting here looking at plants vs zombies 2 icon and my daughter is so unhappy she cant play it :(

tempted to buy it on ps4 and ring MS and demand a refund (should mention that in aus we can get refunds under law if something does not work as intended....regardless of any policy ms has)

I don't get why this is the solution, surely if it can't connect to the server to verify licenses it should just run it in offline by default or at least pop something up saying hey look we can't connect but we can launch this in offline mode if you want yes/no. People shouldn't have to go looking on a forum for this sort of information.

I totally agree! Its rediculously backwards and it makes the 180 MS did regarding digital only show more because its still got lots of gaping holes like this

and yet people will still bitch that PSN is the one that has the most issues when in the current gen its been the opposite for me (both in the US and now Europe) Now Telenor internet. thats another story....

mike4001_

I totally agree! Its rediculously backwards and it makes the 180 MS did regarding digital only show more because its still got lots of gaping holes like this

and yet people will still bitch that PSN is the one that has the most issues when in the current gen its been the opposite for me (both in the US and now Europe) Now Telenor internet. thats another story....

I still think this is kind of an edge-case.

Xbox can connect to Live and knows it is online so it wants to check licenses online. Can´t do that because of server error and nothing works.

Should of course be sorted out !

drotahorror

Not up for me. I can't connect to the xb1 store on console. Friend list works but that's been working since yesterday for me.

Bishop89

You still have to set it as your primary. Then you won't have that problem.

ok just checked my console, it is definitely set as my primary, so it is still weird my digital content wasn't working when my net went out.

Im fairly certain I even disabled the network settings at the time and it still wouldnt work properly..

I sure hope as hell that we're not looking at downtimes every goddamn evening now. Ever since last Monday there have been issues in the evenings. Whether that was the friends list going completely offline or being thrown out of a party or games not working, it was some kind of issue. A hour ago or so I checked to see if all was back to normal and the status page showed it was still fucked. Wow. It seems to be up right now though.......

Ushay

Just woke up to see all this.

Seems to be working fine for me .. uk here.

Netflix working.
Games working (all digital).
Also this is set as my friends home console.

drotahorror

Mine says All Services Available - USA

But they're not.

My pins are still not there because I can't connect to Xbox Live (even though my friends list is up)

Therefore I can't access the store. Also any games that I don't have on my system downloaded, are not able to be got because they don't show up. I also can't download GWG free games or the Trackmania beta.

So no Microsoft, all services are not available. In fact your store doesn't even work. I bet today/yesterday really fucked over some people that had planned on buying some shit digitally. As if Far Cry Primal wasn't going to have a rough time selling anyway.

U2NUMB

Many people still posting issues like not owning content they already have or wrong prices in marketplace. Not sure what happened but something nasty on the back end happened.

Glad they got everything up before the 6am rush :/

JaggedSac

May have been due to the upcoming update for March. Either way, it was a pain in the ass last night. Looks like the status page is all green for US now.

U2NUMB

Anyone think they might have just moved servers or something? I know usually, a server move would cause all of these issues.

I mean its microsoft... I kinda expect them to not only know what they are doing but have a backup plan in case things go wrong. Not saying its not possible but I would also do this sort of thing in the middle of the night in each region if there were any questions. Most likely shit just broke and it was a bad one.. hope they at least address it at a higher level.

I noticed Phil was online most the night in an Xbox App..I was imagining him on a windows 10 reading all the messages he was getting.

drotahorror

Is it working in us yet?

I think certain things are but the marketplace for me still doesn't work and that's all I care about at the moment.

Even though the network setting says everything is working. I still have no pins and can't connect to the marketplace.

XB1 to me, is literally the worst console I've ever owned. Not just due to this mishap but just multiple things that make it bad. It's mostly to do with the XB1 marketplace for me as well. The whole structure of it is just awful and backwards and going all digital on XB1 is a huge mistake. Don't ever do it. Can't even buy digital 360 games with MS wallet money on the website. Can't view your download history for XB1 on the website. Everything is so backwards or it's not implemented.

Syrus

Banned
I mean its microsoft... I kinda expect them to not only know what they are doing but have a backup plan in case things go wrong. Not saying its not possible but I would also do this sort of thing in the middle of the night in each region if there were any questions. Most likely shit just broke and it was a bad one.. hope they at least address it at a higher level.

I noticed Phil was online most the night in an Xbox App..I was imagining him on a windows 10 reading all the messages he was getting.

I think certain things are but the marketplace for me still doesn't work and that's all I care about at the moment.

Even though the network setting says everything is working. I still have no pins and can't connect to the marketplace.

XB1 to me, is literally the worst console I've ever owned. Not just due to this mishap but just multiple things that make it bad. It's mostly to do with the XB1 marketplace for me as well. The whole structure of it is just awful and backwards and going all digital on XB1 is a huge mistake. Don't ever do it. Can't even buy digital 360 games with MS wallet money on the website. Can't view your download history for XB1 on the website. Everything is so backwards or it's not implemented.

I think its the best Ive owned. That said I dont own PS4 lol

ironcreed

Banned
Seems to be in order for now. But they seriously need to do away with the lock down of the system if you can't get online. "Something is wrong on our end, but you can't use your content. Sorry!" Get out of here with this nonsense.

Top Bottom