• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

xbox one took The top-selling console spot For july in the US a.k.a the world

Occam

That title change. Y U make Americans look bad.
It's self-inflicted.
01e22054b6512b99c18c01ca1af9745d068dae3dc1d3b2abf2fa223b4769bc43_1.jpg

Make America look bad again*.

*Dubya reference

anothertech

When Neo is released, are Neo and ps4 sales going to count cumulative or separate? Same for Xbone n Scorpio? Been wondering about this.

Voidance

I am surprised this was even mentioned given the new direction of gauging success on MAUs, not units sold. Either way, nicely done. I have a feeling this boost will continue for at least a month or two due to the One S.

ethomaz

Banned
We know these numbers are not accurate based in latest Sony shipment.

43.5m as of June, 30.

8.5m shipped in shipped in two months? lol nope.

For clarification, it states 52m worldwide for PS4 and 29m worldwide for XB1.
That is false.

But I believe they are talking about future grow (forecast) for next year.

ethomaz

Banned
BTW I totally believe somebody will create a thread with this inaccurate data lol

Edit - I saw now the title change... nice job mods.

jaypah

How's the XB1 doing launch aligned with the 360? Still tracking ahead or has it slowed down and fallen behind? Or is it hard to tell with the way that MS quit reporting numbers?

ethomaz

Banned
How's the XB1 doing launch aligned with the 360? Still tracking ahead or has it slowed down and fallen behind? Or is it hard to tell with the way that MS quit reporting numbers?
Nobody knows for sure but it was close at end of 2015 and 360 is tracking ahead it in NPD this year... MS stopped to claim "Xbox One tracking ahead 360" too.

Couldn't agree more.

I never expected this considering the S releasing in August. It's baffling how everyone predicted the PS4 to win but yet its obvious that the XB1 is in front this month? That's the definition of hypocritical.

Well, everyone must have been foolish to make such a bold prediction with the insane discounts that the console had during June. You could buy the console plus up to 4 games for less than $349 in many outlets. How you would turn a blind eye towards those simple, basic numbers is beyond foolish...

Welfare

For clarification, it states 52m worldwide for PS4 and 29m worldwide for XB1.

Yeah this makes no sense even if you say they are projecting sales for 2016. Sold through sales for the PS4 would be at 54m is Nvidia were expecting a 4% increase.

Like what even are those numbers for?

Welfare

Nobody knows for sure but it was close at end of 2015 and 360 is tracking ahead it in NPD this year... MS stopped to claim "Xbox One tracking ahead 360" too.
"Close"

And MS only said it was tracking ahead at the end of 2015, so how can you say they "stopped" saying that when there was no mention of Xbox One sales since then?

Cool, so probably fell behind. Thanks for answering!

Nah, at worst the Xbox One's sold through sales are about equal to the 360's shipped number at the end of their respective fiscal year. 360 was at 20.3m shipped at the end of June 2008.

Top Bottom