• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One X - Available November 7 for $499

krae_man

Code names make terrible names for actual consumer products; they are made by engineers and sound pretentious and vague.

Also every Xbox name since the 360 has been generic, used by multiple people focus group crap.

X makes perfect sense in that context.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
U7zAobR.gif

DJ88

So funny how people act like their thoughts/predictions are the way it's going to be. Someone said "we're being played like a fiddle" like they knew a goddamn thing lol.

Happens every single time. All these dumb theories from people who swear they know what's up. They know for certain what a big multi-billion dollar corporation is thinking.

Dipswitch

$499 price point is a bad move. One less thing on my Christmas list this year I guess. I'll make do with my OG XBO and my new PC. May pick up a PS4 Pro if I see any deals.

93xfan

Banned
After announcing nothing for Halo 3s tenth anniversary, I've been spit on as a Halo fan for the last time.

Halo 4 MP
Halo Master Chief Collection
Halo 5 campaign

Never forget.

Mandoric

Banned
The way it looks is kind of funny. Like an upside down PS4 almost.

The overhang is legit nice. Visual design inspired by Brutalist architecture is definitely a thing now; I'd actually kind of like a PC case ripping this off like that one generation of Dells in Definitely Not X360s.

Pity it's tied to a $500 2012 budget laptop.

trixx

I'm eating crow id I need to change my Profile pic in order for the L I'd gladly do so, Even Nintendo can outdo this presentation, forget Sony.

What the heck? How, Microsoft?

Sorry Geoff, for doubting you and gaffers that called 499, I'm buying another switch

Welp, Sony just breathed a huge sigh of relief. And no mention of HDD size? That's not good.

It has a slightly faster CPU and more RAM...not worth $100 more in my opinion.

The XBox One X also has a 4K blu ray player and the GPU is 50% faster than the PS4 Pro.

If you want a decent 4K blu ray player and Pro, you are going to spend around $700 assuming there's a pro price drop.

Yeah.... not for me yet. I'll wait for a drop next year and hope the PS4 gets me over. It would be a next step up instead of the PS4 pro.

Top Bottom