• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One X - Available November 7 for $499

DonShula

Definitely not going to get me back into the Xbox ecosystem. $500 to play what? I'm not trying to be a dick. Their games must just not be for me.

Mooreberg

I cannot believe they are willingly banging their heads against the same wall again. We'll be hearing about PS5 by the time this thing hits mainstream pricing. They have to hope and pray there is a large enough pool of people who are performance obsessed and don't have a capable PC (there are no indications that a large cross sections of consumers like this exist). Weird, weird, weird.

SkylineRKR

I wonder how big the differences in graphics are going to be regarding Pro vs Scorpio. Checkerboard vs native multiplats. I think the untrained eye can't even see it.

Sure its for the enthusiasts, but in this era of multiplatform dominating the scene it seems the Pro is the de facto choice.

my reaction

1li1sj.gif

Certinty

No thanks.

Xbox seems pretty much dead exclusives wise but $499 on top of that? Hahahaha.

I'll stick to my PS4 Pro.

Hellshy.

It is expensive, but with the specs, this makes sense, doesn't it? They've been billing this thing as a premium console from word-go. It eclipsesthe PS4 Pro in specs, ergo it is logical that it would cost more.

It will be a tough sell getting this to resonate with consumers, though.

So for 100 dollars more you will get more games running in 4k vs checkerboard 4k. I ha e seen both and I don't think the average consumer could tell the difference.

HawaiianDreads

Neo Member
Anyone passing the crow around? Could you pass some this way? Make it 2 helpings I deserve it after confident claiming the price would bee $399.00 in the other thread.

SgtCobra

2578081-vgx_geoff_sad.png

"Told you so" /vindicated

Goddammit, well, at least the games look very pretty. And the specs are nothing to scoff about when it comea to consoles, MS knows exactly for which audience they're making this.

Nipo

Oh well. Nothing I saw makes it worth $500 since I already have a 1080. Hope those who are excited think it lives up to the promises.

Qwyjibo

Even though I'm primarily a PC+PS4 gamer, I really REALLY want this thing to succeed. But (assuming) $649 or $699 CAD, this thing is DOA in Canada. I just cannot see what kind of market this will be aimed at.

And if Sony drops the Pro even by $50 (not that they even need to now), who is buying this thing other than the most hardcore console enthusiast?

leehom

22 exclusive games, 18 indies. $499, doa.

They should've just released it as a new console at that price point and scale down when it becomes more affordable.

3/10 e3 show

im_dany

499$ means it's dedicated to Xbox fans, but that choice makes no sense. A lower price would've helped them recover part of the userbase even at a loss.

I was hopeful, but I'm going to skip this.

RPGCrazied

Sony did this insane price on its PS3, and learned a lesson. Seems like Microsoft is going to have to learn one I'm guessing.

Muku

So I guess fake Geoff can stop suing himself on that petition (lol literally hours.. not days like I'd have expected with a petition to go up). No fake news. Glad the Dorito Pope came through for us. (It's what I was expecting it to run at anyway, so no surprise.)

Weren't folks calling him a bitch? I think he just reversed turned around and did that to all his haters.

Cardon

Anthem looks nice, but I don't know if it looks $500 nice. So yeah, I'll be sticking with my PS4 Pro unless I come into money I can freely spend.

Cranster

Banned
I saw this face in the stream and thought it was hilarious. I'm so glad that other people do too, because I was worried I was just being picky.
It's one game that isn't Representative of other games or what the hardware is capable of. Of course it's being picky.

Top Bottom