• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X "Direct" on Feb. 6 [info in OP]

Guys, GUYS!! Someone did a full english translation of the presentation!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtNzxuly294

Be sure to have captions and annotations on. Haven't watched the whole thing yet, but I've skipped through and it really does seem like it's been entirely translated.

I think it should be put in the OP.

The continents are bigger then I suspected, thanks to the subs. I still have a feeling that those empty spaces on the map are unrevealed continents hmmm....
Next presentation will be about the battle system, looking forward to it !

chadboban

The subtitles and annotations are so good. Sure there are a couple of minor grammar errors here and there (the person says that they aren't a native English speaker) but watching the presentation is so much more engaging now that we have an idea of what they're saying. I honestly think the video deserves it's own thread.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
The subtitles and annotations are so good. Sure there are a couple of minor grammar errors here and there (the person says that they aren't a native English speaker) but watching the presentation is so much more engaging now that we have an idea of what they're saying. I honestly think the video deserves it's own thread.

Definitely, it so much better with all the explanations being understandable. You should do it, as you discovered it.

Kouriozan

Watched the subbed version, thank god someone made it.
So hyped right now, I'll need to avoid everything related to this game once it hits Japan.

Be sure to have captions and annotations on. Haven't watched the whole thing yet, but I've skipped through and it really does seem like it's been entirely translated.

that was good

LYN is 13?

she better not get boosted to 16 for the west like they do in uhm Anime i-mo

fred

its always been ugly. I remember people saying the game proved the wiiu is more powerful then lastgen. red dead redemption and Gtav on 360/PS3 look nextgen graphically compared to this.

I think you might want to go to Specsavers and look at those webms again. Either that or contact your nearest psychiatric hospital lol

Even if you completely forget about the ridiculous difference in scale of the game all you need to do is take a look at the amount of polys that the protagonists, aliens, monsters and environment are made up of (they're either made up of a ridiculous amount of polys or are using tessellation) and the quality of the textures in comparison to the other two games you've mentioned to see that Xenoblade Chronicles X is a clear step above anything that the PS3 and 360 are capable of producing.

ugoo18

its always been ugly. I remember people saying the game proved the wiiu is more powerful then lastgen. red dead redemption and Gtav on 360/PS3 look nextgen graphically compared to this.

I see you've graduated from Bayonetta 2 to SSB4 and now to XCX. Look forward to your work on Zelda U.

JDSN

Banned

Thanks, I almostslit my wrists because I heard the gamexplain guy with the female teenager accent for 15 minutes.

rhandino

Banned
waiT, Tatsu is already amazing in the part where they show the continent...

Also, those areas are REALLY HUGE... Be still my heart.

TheMoon

Guys, stop acknowledging ninjablade's existence. It's not worth it. Don't feed the troll. It happens every time. Just put him on ignore and assume that 100% of his comments in Nintendo threads are bullshit you don't want to read.

2 epic monsters, and the Mechs/Dolls
http://i.imgur.com/Xf07DLe.gifv
http://youtu.be/8DxyWjmxdrU

The mech design is really cool. Did Xenoblade Wii have mechs in it?

It had 'Mechon', which were essentially mechs, but they were only enemies and in cutscenes. The faces were more like traditional mechs - http://i.imgur.com/Lm589DP.jpg
But there were no pilotable mechs, certainly nothing insane like the new game has, in terms of design, transformations, customizability and flexibility (I mean, you can do whatever you want with you Mech!!)

Diffense

I am kinda dissapointed with the map too. But my concerns are again tied to my biggest annoyance in this game: Neo LA.

Given the size of it on the world map i have to think about the scale of our arc ship before it was destroyed. It had to be bigger than all these continents/this planet combined.
Don´t get me started on Pizza shops, cafés and luxury homes with pools on an escape ship for humanity. Or why they survived the crash without a broken window.

When your character gets there it's already been a couple months. Not sure why they wouldn't have fixed broken windows in that time. Also, part of the plot setup is that Neo LA is a city under construction as can been inferred from the dead-end roads and crane machinery.

EDIT: I'm also wondering whether the wreckage of the Ark is around somewhere. You're right that it would make a rather large continent by itself.

Corgi

Banned
haven't really watched much for this game but... holy shit do the character models look like ass.

And running around with the classic guns magically stuck on your back just looks bad.

about the only complaint i have so far though... but I wish they could make that look better :/

Is combat skills still controlled by the dpad? With this game being more actiony than XB... i'd wish this was mapped to the triggers so I can move around and switch skills at the same time instead of doing 1 or the other.

Akai

I wonder if I can customize the main character's body complexion, the default one is too...buffed for me lol

From what we've seen of the customization options "Body" is listed, but they didn't go into it to show the exact range of body types we can choose from...

ag-my001

I haven't been keeping up with the game development, but have they said if the Nopon are there as a cameo or if there might be some connection to the first game?

TheMoon

I wonder if I can customize the main character's body complexion, the default one is too...buffed for me lol

The image with the available options has been posted so many times in all these threads already.

yrf13q0ixb6r.png

GpzUojH.png

I haven't been keeping up with the game development, but have they said if the Nopon are there as a cameo or if there might be some connection to the first game?

There are 0 connections to Xenoblade that they are officially acknowledging. They keep making a point that these two games are completely unrelated, in fact.

TriBlade

2 epic monsters, and the Mechs/Dolls
http://i.imgur.com/Xf07DLe.gifv
http://youtu.be/8DxyWjmxdrU

It had 'Mechon', which were essentially mechs, but they were only enemies and in cutscenes. The faces were more like traditional mechs - http://i.imgur.com/Lm589DP.jpg
But there were no pilotable mechs, certainly nothing insane like the new game has, in terms of design, transformations, customizability and flexibility (I mean, you can do whatever you want with you Mech!!)

They better talk more about the mech next video since it about the battle system.

mkxU4fT.png

The dude in the center is my fav, I'm gonna main him for sure if possible.
(He's pretty much a shoe-in for party member due to his location on the affinity chart.)

I wonder who the other two are though. They look pretty cool.

TriBlade

mkxU4fT.png

(He's pretty much a shoe-in for party member due to his location on the affinity chart.)

I hope there a male version of that armor she's wearing, it like a futuristic ninja. Meches, giant monsters, and ninjas, what more could you want?

mkxU4fT.png

Looks familiar
but yeah, I really dig the look of the armor. If I can upgrade my main cast's suits to that (you seemingly do upgrade at least the MC's suit based on the first trailer) I'd really appreciate that.

Fandangox

I wonder if, aside from quests, which union you are in at the moment decides who your other party members are.
Going by the affinity chart, 4 of the party members seem to each be in an union, so maybe you can only access them if you are on their same union.

I do assume that if this is the case there will be a midpoint in the game where they all become permanently available anyway.

The environments look outstanding, and their scale is as impressive as any as I've ever seen in a game. I just wish the combat looked more exciting than something you'd typically see in an MMO.

Fandangox

The environments look outstanding, and their scale is as impressive as any as I've ever seen in a game. I just wish the combat looked more exciting than something you'd typically see in an MMO.

Combat looks boring at glance because the animations of the attacks and monster hits all look very static, but xenoblade's Combat was actually pretty fun and once gem forging became a thing it opened up quite a lot, specially since you could play as anyone.

Since like the battle system is going to be an improvement this time around.

Combat looks boring at glance because the animations of the attacks and monster hits all look very static, but xenoblade's Combat was actually pretty fun and once gem forging became a thing it opened up quite a lot, specially since you could play as anyone.

Since like the battle system is going to be an improvement this time around.

The problem is not the customization though, it is the actual act of fighting enemies. That was a problem with Xenoblade, and it doesn't look much better here (I hope they prove me wrong with the next Direct, but I don't think it will).

Anyway, I really like that armor design, it reminds me a bit of KH. I wonder if all of them will be party members...

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
The problem is not the customization though, it is the actual act of fighting enemies. That was a problem with Xenoblade, and it doesn't look much better here (I hope they prove me wrong with the next Direct, but I don't think it will).

Anyway, I really like that armor design, it reminds me a bit of KH. I wonder if all of them will be party members...

I wouldnt call xenoblade's combat "a problem" thats down to personal opinion, people liked the combat just fine, it can just simply not be for you.

L~A

Watched the subbed version, thank god someone made it.
So hyped right now, I'll need to avoid everything related to this game once it hits Japan.

Well, good luck with that ;)

By the way, I'm sure we'll get the same video with English dub closer to launch, will be a great to see if it is any good.

alvis.exe

*shrug*

I loved the combat in Xenoblade. I'd actually say it's one of my favorite JRPG battle systems and I'm happy that they're building upon it with this game instead of going with something completely new. But then again I'm not the biggest fan of real-time action battle systems because I suck at them. Still play and enjoy them though and I can see why people like them over more turn-based stuff - I just have to end up overleveling more than others haha.

...I think I'm just really really chill about gameplay systems. I can look past any number of flaws as long as the core focus and experience of the game is terrific and for Xenoblade that's got to be, hands-down, the navigation and exploration of the world.

And THAT looks freaking terrific so far! Wonder what the "Unexplored Areas" are - I mean the whole planet is technically "unexplored" isn't it? :p

Why oh why have they settled on Sawano alone? The music will automatically be inferior to Xenoblade, seeing as the prequel had more than one composers...

Yeah, he's doing the entire 90+ track OST. The thing is, Sawano is really good at variety of sounds and styles, something that I think we'll get to see in an entire game with very different landscapes and emotion, intensity as the story and areas dictate. He's really good at fitting the feel and amplifying the impact of scenes and areas as well. I think he'll do fine overall (although I am slightly miffed that he's doing so many vocal songs... I would have like to have a largely instrumental OST... well I still expect it to be largely instrumental, but 10-15 vocal tracks is a bit too much out of 90). The only real issue I see would be if Sawano was pressed for time and churned out all the songs to hit deadlines, then we would get samey stuff, but he's been announced and working on this game (as they've proceeded with development) for over 2 years, so I'm expecting good stuff (besides the abundance of vocals *grumble grumble*)

I think you might want to go to Specsavers and look at those webms again. Either that or contact your nearest psychiatric hospital lol

I honestly think you should take your nintendo fan boy goggles off or stop smoking hard, just comparing the graphics in both city's detail, models and lighting in gtav look a generation better then x. just watch red dead living in the west trailer and it clearly demolishes this trailer graphically.

I honestly think you should take your nintendo fan boy goggles off or stop smoking hard, just comparing the graphics in both city's detail, models and lighting in gtav look a generation better then x. just watch red dead living in the west trailer and it clearly demolishes this trailer graphically.
The monster in XCX look 50x's better than any monsters in gtav. What you gonna say about that one huh??!

Why oh why have they settled on Sawano alone? The music will automatically be inferior to Xenoblade, seeing as the prequel had more than one composers...

I still have hope for the soundtrack because the theme in the original trailer is really good and stands up to a lot of the Xenoblade tracks. But the stuff from this Direct was really disappointing. It really stood out when they did the preview for Xenoblade 3DS at the end with it being set to the Gaur Plains theme.

Actually, Takahashi found it very difficult to work with the team from Xenoblade. It's no surprise that he would prefer one composer, and seeing how he's a big fan of Sawano, it's easy to see how Takahashi came to recruit him.

As much as I like Sawano's music, though, it doesn't seem like it'll live up to Xenoblade's soundtrack, and I don't even like it as much as many people here do.

Top Bottom