• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X "Direct" on Feb. 6 [info in OP]

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
It's always a good time to post this:

tumblr_mg3ik0iIm91qkr5x2o1_500.png

I hope more than anything they could show me about the new game I want them to say, "Oh BTW, Xenoblade Chronicles for Wii is being released on the Wii U eShop next week." That's what I really want to hear.

Mentok

Banned
I hope more than anything they could show me about the new game that they say, oh BTW, Xenoblade Chronicles for Wii is being released on the Wii U eShop next week. That's what I really want to hear.

What is that you are sayyyyiiiiinnngg???

As for the OP, I must resist the urge to watch this.

L~A

It's always a good time to post this:

tumblr_mg3ik0iIm91qkr5x2o1_500.png

It's hightime someone modified that pic so it says something else instead of Reyn (like Hype, Nintendo Direct or something)

I hope more than anything they could show me about the new game that they say, oh BTW, Xenoblade Chronicles for Wii is being released on the Wii U eShop next week. That's what I really want to hear.

Xenoblade Chronicles isn't coming to the eShop any time soon, not with XC3D coming out in April. Then again, they could always surprise us... my wallet is ready just in case, even if I already own the game.

TheMoon

Time for hype then the painful wait until it releases in NA. Does anyone think they'll announce a NA release date?

Sure, they'll announce a North American release date in a Japan-only stream where they only plan to show off the environments two weeks after a global Direct where they chose to not reveal concrete dates for the Western releases. This is sarcasm. :)

What is that you are sayyyyiiiiinnngg???

As for the OP, I must resist the urge to watch this.

I'm saying that I want to hear them say that. I'll add some additional punctuation. Would hate to see anyone get their hopes up.

It's hightime someone modified that pic so it says something else instead of Reyn (like Hype, Nintendo Direct or something)

Xenoblade Chronicles isn't coming to the eShop any time soon, not with XC3D coming out in April. Then again, they could always surprise us... my wallet is ready just in case, even if I already own the game.

That's a huge shame. I'm not going to buy a cash grab machine just for a couple games. Never going to happen. Most people won't. I understand your argument though.

It's dissapoing though that they wouldn't take the opportunity to introduce people to the series on a console where they could buy the sequel.

-Horizon-

Limited Edition Xenoblade X Bundle. Includes the following items:

- Game Disc with Reversible Cover Art
- Xenoblade X Poster
- Complete Set of Union Badges
- 2-CD Sountrack Feat. the best songs from Hiroyuki Sawano
- Doll Model Kit. Comes in 3 different starter designs.
- Monado-inspired Hairclip as seen worn by Lynlee Ku
- Elma amiibo in her Sexy* Battle Suit

*"Sexy" as in sexy according to Tetsuya Takahashi.

I'd throw money for that! :p
Where do I order?

Artbook sold separately. Steelbook for EU regions only.
:p
cries

javac

Probably end up skipping this one, I think I've seen enough and know it'll be awesome. ...I just need to start the first Xenoblade...any moment now...

Wouldn't mind a new track from the game however, just pop it on the site so I can download it and listen to it for a while :)

Son Of D

I've probably missed something but I do wonder why it's called Xenoblade. Is it just for the affiliation with Xenoblade Chronicles on Wii being so acclaimed or if there is an actual blade as a large part of the story?

Fandangox

It's coming out this fall. Not sure where you're getting 2016 from.

I thought the N.A report sheet only had a 2015 for XCX? And its not like last year it didn't say 2014, we really havent heard much from how localization is going. A 2016 release sounds just as likely as a late 2015 release.

alvis.exe

I've probably missed something but I do wonder why it's called Xenoblade. Is it just for the affiliation with Xenoblade Chronicles on Wii being so acclaimed or if there is an actual blade as a large part of the story?

Well you join a private military organization called BLADE which appears to have its own tower as an HQ called BLADE Tower.

But other than that, I'd imagine that they're trying to turn Xenoblade into a series going forward. It's not like anyone questions why Final Fantasy is called FINAL Fantasy at this point haha.

RPGCrazied

Will this be in English at all, or at least have subtitles? Don't know if I want to watch if I can understand nothing.

TheMoon

I thought the N.A report sheet only had a 2015 for XCX? And its not like last year it didn't say 2014, we really havent heard much from how localization is going. A 2016 release sounds just as likely as a late 2015 release.

We have heard that localization is already well underway from the official twitter. Fall is a safe and obvious speculation from myself because what else is there? I should've said Q3, though since that is more accurate to when I actually think it will hit.

We have heard that localization is already well underway from the official twitter. Fall is a safe and obvious speculation from myself because what else is there? I should've said Q3, though since that is more accurate to when I actually think it will hit.

I would say August is when they will release the game in the States. The game is perfect for late summer due to it being 300+ hours long. Late September for Star Fox and November for Zelda following.

takriel

I probably won't be able to resist.

Hopefully, Sawano will be able to compose some half decent battle themes.

Why only one artist though. Xenoblade had like 4-5 of them, and I think that's what made this soundtrack so good. I'm slightly worried that everything is going to be more or less the same over-the-top epicness we're used from Sawano.

TheMoon

I would say August is when they will release the game in the States. The game is perfect for late summer due to it being 300+ hours long. Late September for Star Fox and November for Zelda following.

Yea that's what I meant. I should really have said Q3 lol.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Awesome! Please show us some mech combat.

Top Bottom