• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X "Direct" on Feb. 6 [info in OP]

Akai

Why only one artist though. Xenoblade had like 4-5 of them, and I think that's what made this soundtrack so good. I'm slightly worried that everything is going to be more or less the same over-the-top epicness we're used from Sawano.

It's obviously way easier from the director's perspective to have a single composer than to coordinate the musical theme amongst a group. The Xenoblade Iwata Asks revealed some of these frustrations, if I'm recalling it correctly...

Dice//

Banned
I can't fucking wait. I think this game is like the first, second, and third most anticipated game for me this year.
D3D0m.gif

Laconic

Banned
There is zero chance in hell I am going to watch this.

I wish to remain pure.

If not virginal, then at least Viscant.

It's obviously way easier from the director's perspective to have a single composer than to coordinate the musical theme amongst a group. The Xenoblade Iwata Asks revealed some of these frustrations, if I'm recalling it correctly...

There's also the fact that Sawano has a very distinctive, heavy, bombastic sound. Having a group handle composition would possibly lead to Sawano's stuff sounding really out of place.

alvis.exe

I'm gonna religiously watch every piece of information that comes out between now and April then go on full media blackout the second the game is released in Japan. Can't wait for the "direct"!

Diffense

Looking forward to this very much!

alvis.exe said:
I'm gonna religiously watch every piece of information that comes out between now and April then go on full media blackout the second the game is released in Japan. Can't wait for the "direct"!

I can't believe the people who aren't watching anything more. I'll soak up everything until the Japanese release.
After that I'll get scared because once it's out because the risk of big spoilers go up.
I would watch the first hour of play but based on how fast Xenoblade got hot I'll try to resist the temptation.

random25

They're just gonna showcase the world. It's not like they're gonna spoil anything to go media blackout on this :p

3 more days to go...so excited!

They're just gonna showcase the world. It's not like they're gonna spoil anything to go media blackout on this :p

3 more days to go...so excited!

But they'll spoil all the exploration... =O

But yeah, I don't think people should skip this one because of spoilers. They've been pretty careful to not give anything away so far, I doubt they'll just say everything now.

Maan, I hope we get like, 30mins+ of footage here, I'm super looking forward to this. (focused directs tend to have this much footage in them, right?)

Reveirg

I will not close this Youtube tab EVER.

Wait, when are we getting P5 news!?

There's a 30-hour Persona stream beginning Tuesday night and ending Thursday morning. The P5 "reveal" is supposed to be at the end, which should be anywhere between 5AM and 7 AM eastern. They promised all kinds of Persona news.

There's also a Tabata Active Time Report which may or may not have new FFXV info Thursday morning around 5AM if I recall (yes, at the same time as P5, lol).

And then there's the Xenoblade X stream on Friday.

What a week!

There's a 30-hour Persona stream beginning Tuesday night and ending Thursday morning. The P5 "reveal" is supposed to be at the end, which should be anywhere between 5AM and 7 AM eastern. They promised all kinds of Persona news.

There's also a Tabata Active Time Report which may or may not have new FFXV info Thursday morning around 5AM if I recall (yes, at the same time as P5, lol).

And then there's the Xenoblade X stream on Friday.

What a week!

Worth mentioning that if the ATR for FFXV starts at 5AM, the first half of it should be for Type-0 HD and Agito (as apparently this will be the last one for Type-0), so if you have to choose, just go to P5 that they probably won't keep talking about it for too long (I think...)

Reveirg

Worth mentioning that if the ATR for FFXV starts at 5AM, the first half of it should be for Type-0 HD and Agito (as apparently this will be the last one for Type-0), so if you have to choose, just go to P5 that they probably won't keep talking about it for too long (I think...)

Just checked, the ATR is at 6AM.

Will have both tabs open, but you're probably right, P5 will be the big event to check out and the ATR probably won't have much new.

Litri

Silly as it sounds I was thinking about X overnight and I couldn't help but think that if Monolith keeps things at the same level they did in Chronicles, this game is going to be absolutely incredible.

In my opinion they should stick to the formula (while improving along the way) that made Chronicles one of the best RPGs ever in my opinion-->

-Keep the same deep level of character customisation.
-Another great story with the same engrossing storyline (was really surprised by this on Chronicles). The pace of the story was a bit slow for my taste so this should be improved.
-Lots of different characters to meet, each of them with an intriguing story that drives the plot.
-Lots of enjoyable missions and side quests (many of them quite relevant for the story).
-A deep yet fun battle system.
-The soundtrack: I remember hearing the opening tune for the first time... at that moment I knew I would be in for some game sound nirvana. The game was a very special and touching aural experience in my opinion. Simply stunning.

Last, make this game loooong enough so that I can spent months travelling across the vast world that awaits.

CAN'T WAIT!

random25

Silly as it sounds I was thinking about X overnight and I couldn't help but think that if Monolith keeps things at the same level they did in Chronicles, this game is going to be absolutely incredible.

In my opinion they should stick to the formula (while improving along the way) that made Chronicles one of the best RPGs ever in my opinion-->

-Keep the same deep level of character customisation.
-Another great story with the same engrossing storyline (was really surprised by this on Chronicles). The pace of the story was a bit slow for my taste so this should be improved.
-Lots of different characters to meet, each of them with an intriguing story that drives the plot.
-Lots of enjoyable missions and side quests (many of them quite relevant for the story).
-A deep yet fun battle system.
-The soundtrack: I remember hearing the opening tune for the first time... at that moment I knew I would be in for some game sound nirvana. The game was a very special and touching aural experience in my opinion. Simply stunning.

Last, make this game loooong enough so that I can spent months travelling across the vast world that awaits.

CAN'T WAIT!

- Customization looks to be deep in this game as hinted in the E3 Treehouse demo. Changing classes aside from equipment was shown. And with mechs as part of battles and exploration, party management becomes even deeper.
- We only got the premise, but it's looking good so far.
- Characters are starting to get introduced. Most of them shown at the E3 trailer. We still have others not shown, but looks like we hand a good number of important characters here.
- I'm intrigued by the Unions and how they'll affect your quests and missions. Can't wait to see how that goes.
- I'm liking what I'm seeing so far with the battle system. More options to command AI party members, melee-to-ranged combat switching, 4-member party, fast-paced than Xenoblade, ability to use mechs and able to target body parts of monsters. If only we have a chance to try it with a demo...
- I have faith in Sawano so I'm hoping it'll be awesome. ACE+, Yoko Shimomura and Manami Kiyota were superb so the expectation is quite high.

Malus

Looking forward to this very much!

I can't believe the people who aren't watching anything more. I'll soak up everything until the Japanese release.
After that I'll get scared because once it's out because the risk of big spoilers go up.
I would watch the first hour of play but based on how fast Xenoblade got hot I'll try to resist the temptation.

I've been on blackout since the reveal trailer in 2013. ~_~

Though I have listened to the music.

rjinaz

I'm going to avoid major spoilers but things like this don't bother me much. It makes me more excited. I had to read a lot about Xenoblade before the game came out in the US. And I did learn A LOT about the game but I still managed to avoid most story spoilers so the game was still surprising

Bring it!

RPGCrazied

Screw it. I'll watch, its 7 am my time, and I'm usually up then. Even if not in English surely they will show off some new things never seen before.

Nia

I'm considering skipping this myself. The exploration trailer gave me everything I wanted to see.

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
I've decided to join Team #NoWatch. I've seen enough that now i the time to go on a media blackout !

Lillowh

Neo Member
I'm so glad that they're showing more of an admittedly killer piece of software only in Japan, that has a release date only in Japan, for a sequel to a title that for all intents and purposes was never going to be released in North America, on a console that has no reason not to have everything localized to fill in the sparse release schedule in the west. Fatal Frame V was led up to a similar way, with no western release date. This is really not looking good again...

Edit: Please make like Nintendo and Direct (or don't) your attention to my posts a bit further down. This was poorly worded for my actual intention, but if you thought this was pessimistic you'll probably still keep the same opinion.

Ansatz

I'm so glad that they're showing more of an admittedly killer piece of software only in Japan, that has a release date only in Japan, for a sequel to a title that for all intents and purposes was never going to be released in North America, on a console that has no reason not to have everything localized to fill in the sparse release schedule in the west. Fatal Frame V was led up to a similar way, with no western release date. This is really not looking good again...

wat

Nintendo is pushing Xenoblade hard in the west. This and the Fire Emblem franchise currently have momentum going for them, these are even more safe games than stuff like Yoshi Yarn.

It's practically in every Direct and they added Shulk in Smash (which is a massive sign)

They've already given a 2015 release window in the West, which is more than Fatal Frame V ever got.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd

is this a joke post?
X was always present in every single Nintendo-related event (Direct, digital event, whatsoever) since its very first hint, also in the Western videos/directs/streams
It will hit Japan this Spring, within two months, while the localization will take a little bit longer but it is confirmed for the West this year.
It's pretty obvious that they will have a dedicated Direct or a very meaty portion of a Direct in English once closest to the Western release date.

Btw, to better remember what is waiting for us:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GxUMMGyZcM

I dunno if I should watch it. I'm curious but I don't want to spoil too much of the game.
argh, decisions

smh
that's all wrong

jariw

Xenoblade Chronicles X is a big-budget production developed by a Nintendo-owned studio (Monolith Soft). Since its reveal, it has been a planned release for both the NoE and NoA territories.

Fatal Frame V is a small-budget game made produced by Techmo Koei. Techmo Koei has never shown any intention to release that game outside Japan.

Big difference.

Lillowh

Neo Member
I apologize for not being able to read an untranslated post from 2 weeks ago that mentioned that the localization was actually underway. Since there was no actual mention of a the progress of a localization other than the lack of it back at E3, my assumption was Nintendo had their usual attitude. Nintendo's usual attitude towards localizations has always been, for the most part, whenever they feel like it, both recently and in the past. Therefore, I expected no different for this game. Heck, they haven't even given us a release window other than 2015 for Chronicles 3D outside of Japan. They even waited to announce a New 3Ds release date for NA after EU, and we're the only only ones that got shafted on the regular sized model. So I have very little hopes for a release anytime soon when they refuse to even address it in English directs.

Also, I don't consider showing stuff during directs in the west anything that really has to do with their actual plans, especially if it's at all Smash Bros. related, because that's for Smash Bros. That would be like thinking there's a new punch out game coming because they've pushed Little Mac in smash, as an amiibo, and re-released Punch Out Wii.

I admit FF was a bad example for what I actually meant, but sue me I'm tired. I'll just go be my cynical self in the corner then, and be happily surprised when it releases soon at best, and be okay with a a longer wait at the worst. At least 2015 is looking to be a solid first half for my Wii U.

random25

Am I missing a joke somewhere here?

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
I apologize for not being able to read an untranslated post from 2 weeks ago that mentioned that the localization was actually underway. Since there was no actual mention of a the progress of a localization other than the lack of it back at E3, my assumption was Nintendo had their usual attitude. Nintendo's usual attitude towards localizations has always been, for the most part, whenever they feel like it, both recently and in the past. Therefore, I expected no different for this game. Heck, they haven't even given us a release window other than 2015 for Chronicles 3D outside of Japan. They even waited to announce a New 3Ds release date for NA after EU, and we're the only only ones that got shafted on the regular sized model. So I have very little hopes for a release anytime soon when they refuse to even address it in English directs.

Also, I don't consider showing stuff during directs in the west anything that really has to do with their actual plans, especially if it's at all Smash Bros. related, because that's for Smash Bros. That would be like thinking there's a new punch out game coming because they've pushed Little Mac in smash, as an amiibo, and re-released Punch Out Wii.

I admit FF was a bad example for what I actually meant, but sue me I'm tired. I'll just go be my cynical self in the corner then, and be happily surprised when it releases soon at best, and be okay with a a longer wait at the worst. At least 2015 is looking to be a solid first half for my Wii U.

Ok, now the sacrasm-o-meter works, so I can see your joke.
Or not?
  1. Stuff showed in Western Directs ARE not only an indication, but an actual official info released by Nintendo about Western markets.
  2. Xenoblade Chronicles X was shown MANY time per sè, absolutely not Smash releated, in many Directs.
  3. Xenoblade Chronicle 3D is coming out in April in the West, April 2 in Europe I think.

Lillowh

Neo Member
Ok, now the sacrasm-o-meter works, so I can see your joke.
Or not?
  1. Stuff showed in Western Directs ARE not only an indication, but an actual official info released by Nintendo about Western markets.
  2. Xenoblade Chronicles X was shown MANY time per sè, absolutely not Smash releated, in many Directs.
  3. Xenoblade Chronicle 3D is coming out in April in the West, April 2 in Europe I think.

Sorry, had to reply real quick. The whole part about directs was more in reply to Ansatz, who made a comparison to being added in smash being a sign (Whens Ice Climbers 2 dangit!). I more just take directs as them showing whatever to fill time regardless of plans. I mean, how long since they mentioned SMTxFE, or how they had Harada announce....nothing? He basically just announced that a design document existed and that was about it.

Also, the April 2nd release date is indeed Europe, but no word on NA release. You are right about the NA release apparently being said to also be in April, but I feel like they're acting real strange not just giving a date for no real reason.

Son Of D

Last month's direct in EU and NA had a trailer with a 2015 release date. If they had no intention of releasing it overseas, then the previous directs and E3 would not have got trailers.

And the Shulk Smash trailer was in a Japan only direct.

jariw

Also, the April 2nd release date is indeed Europe, but no word on NA release. You are right about the NA release apparently being said to also be in April, but I feel like they're acting real strange not just giving a date for no real reason.

Nintendo does this all the time. Splatoon is May, but no release date yet. Yoshi's Woolly World is 1st half 2015, but no specific date yet. Mario Party 10 was "2015" and got a release date. And so on.

The old Xenoblade for the n3DS is April according to the NoA press release, but not yet a release date:
http://press.nintendo.com/articles.jsp?id=42402

Top Bottom