• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X - Twitter & Website updates thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

L~A

Seems like a weird issue to have for a game like Xenoblade Chronicles, tbh. Surprised they didn't see that during testing.

And yeah, it was patched in the western version.

they patched it in Japan and the excuse to boast about 300 hours made the flaw worth tweeting about yet I still want some pics

they are really holding back a lot I feel we are way beyond the teasing stage

I want a trailer for each BLADE Union lol

L~A

To be fair, you could simply look at the time directly on the Wii, though just for the first playthrough obviously. For the others, maths are your friend, ha ha.

Zenaku

To be fair, you could simply look at the time directly on the Wii, though just for the first playthrough obviously. For the others, maths are your friend, ha ha.

I can't remember if I loaded my saves into the PAL version, or if I just switched one of the game files, but I managed to view my actual playtimes at some point. I think it was around 180 hours for the first playthrough for me.

The game still recorded beyond 99hrs 59minutes, it was just the load screen that was bugged.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Today's Tweets are by Koh Kojima, the director of Xenoblade X. Like raven777 said, he's basically just addressing the issue of playtime display. In Xenoblade the play counter doesn't go beyond 99 hours no matter what, but they've fixed that, which is why Takahashi was able to claim that his playtime is over 300 hours in the Famitsu interview. Lol.

That crisis is averted I suppose lol

duckroll

It's not exactly a Nintendo Direct I think. They'll be streaming an introduction to the setting and world of Xenoblade X, on Feb 6 at 10pm JST. It might just be an extended trailer sort of thing, instead of Iwata presenting it. Also, I only just noticed that Xenoblade X is CERO C. That's pretty interesting. I guess there's probably more violence in the cutscenes this time round.

jariw

It's not exactly a Nintendo Direct I think. They'll be streaming an introduction to the setting and world of Xenoblade X, on Feb 6 at 10pm JST. It might just be an extended trailer sort of thing, instead of Iwata presenting it. Also, I only just noticed that Xenoblade X is CERO C. That's pretty interesting. I guess there's probably more violence in the cutscenes this time round.

FWIW, I don't think most of the game-specific Nintendo Directs (Wonderful 101/Smash/Bayonetta 2/Hyrule Warriors) in the past had Iwata presentations?

TheMoon

FWIW, I don't think most of the game-specific Nintendo Directs (Wonderful 101/Smash/Bayonetta 2/Hyrule Warriors) in the past had Iwata presentations?

Note how there is no Direct logo. This is not a Nintendo Direct of any kind. This is its own thing.

Diffense

I'll just stick this here.

I was watching the exploration trailer and when it got to a certain point (linked below) I though that there had to be a previous civilization on Mira for it to have mechanical structures like that.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvpNXhzscjQ&t=0m53s

Then I remembered a certain Mech's shoulder [no spoiler]:
http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2014/263/7/b/mechonis_by_vx9-d7zxi3x.jpg
http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net...echonis.png/revision/latest?cb=20111013120518

HD re-imagining aside, it's a pretty close match.
Also certain overhangs in the first area are VERY reminiscent of those on Bionis' Leg.
There is another overhang like that within the ring at the first link's video position.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvpNXhzscjQ&t=0m48s
Xenoblade: http://oyster.ignimgs.com/mediawiki...mb/1/1c/Gaur_Plains.jpg/468px-Gaur_Plains.jpg

Monolithsoft is being very coy about this game's story and possible link to Xenoblade Chronicles while they've teased us with a similar name, subtle references, Nopon found on Mira, Monado hairpins, and a character that looks like Shulk in the first trailer. I always felt that X is a Final Fantasy deal where they borrow certain elements but the games are not related in setting. But it's getting so blatant that I'm joining the camp of those who feel Mira might be the planet on which Xenoblade Chronicles took place. We were never told that Xenoblade took place on Earth while we know XBC starts there.

Speculation alert.
Perhaps [Xenoblade ending spoiler]
humans, and possibly the alien races, in X are extremely distant descendants of the Homs/half High Entia (Elma?) who started over after Zanza was defeated. With the Bionis out of commission and his cycle stopped they eventually achieved their dream of exploring the stars and settled elsewhere in the galaxy including on Earth.
Yet Mira, the planet on which Earthlings crashed after the alien destruction of Earth is their original home which their ancestors left ages ago. The game's characters will unexpectedly learn a lot about themselves on the "alien" planet.

It would be kind of funny for the characters to run from home only to crash into "home". I'd like that backstory since Xenoblade had interesting lore which could be further expanded. A lot would have happened between the end of Xenoblade and the start of X.

Hiltz

I agree with you about the way Monolith Soft is seemingly treating Xenoblade Chronicles series as Square Enix does with the Final Fantasy series. These respective franchises share similarities in some ways with each title, but in terms of setting, story and characters they are generally considered to take place in their own universe. X having Nopon could just be like how Final Fantasy throws in Chocobo into some of the games (I'm not very familiar with the series though). The girl having a monado sword hairpin could just be an easter egg and nothing more. Hopefully, Monolith Soft's new footage of the game later this week will provide some answers to our questions.

Diffense

What if this game were a prequel instead?

The subtle visual references to the Mechonis and Bionis suggest (to me anyway) that if X is related to Xenoblade it takes place after. According to Xenoblade the giant gods
did not exist before Klaus' experiment
yet during the ending sequence the
ruins of the Bionis could be seen in the ocean.

Diffense

I agree with you about the way Monolith Soft is seemingly treating Xenoblade Chronicles series as Square Enix does with the Final Fantasy series. These respective franchises share similarities in some ways with each title, but in terms of setting, story and characters they are generally considered to take place in their own universe. X having Nopon could just be like how Final Fantasy throws in Chocobo into some of the games (I'm not very familiar with the series though). The girl having a monado sword hairpin could just be an easter egg and nothing more. Hopefully, Monolith Soft's new footage of the game later this week will provide some answers to our questions.

I want to play it so bad. It's just similar enough to be nostalgic while fresh enough to be mysterious.

[Sorry for the DP]

chadboban

Just went to the website by chance and found that they updated it with a new character and what looks like some concept art.

Maurice:

img_chara08-02.png

img_chara08-01.jpg

New art:

g_thumb_matsumoto01.jpg

g_img_matsumoto02.jpg

g_img_matsumoto03.jpg

g_img_matsumoto04.jpg

g_img_matsumoto05.jpg

g_img_matsumoto06.jpg

g_img_matsumoto07.jpg

g_img_matsumoto08.jpg

g_img_matsumoto09.jpg

g_img_matsumoto10.jpg

g_img_matsumoto11.jpg

B.K.

Just went to the website by chance and found that they updated it with a new character and what looks like some concept art.

g_img_matsumoto06.jpg

That really reminds me of that old piece of art they had on their site when they were hiring a few years ago.

22vps.jpg

Edit: I see I'm not the only one.

raven777

XenobladeX ゼノブレイドクロス ‏@XenobladeJP 1m1 minute ago
XenobladeXにはエネミー(モンスター)図鑑を付けました。3Dモデルを舐めまわすように鑑賞するもよし、ドロップアイテムの確認など、自分のゲームプレイに役立てるもよしです。

Xenoblade X will have enemy monster model viewer where you can rotate 3D models of the monsters.

duckroll

The website Gallery update deserves more context.

http://xenobladex.jp/gallery/index.html

In this section, they will be introducing the work of the various artists who have contributed to Xenoblade X.

In the first update, they are introducing Hideyuki Matsumoto. His main task for the game is to design weapons and NLA gadgets. But what they're showcasing here is his setting design work for the crash landing of the White Whale on Planet Mira.

The first image in the center is the finalized art setting for the event. The four similar images below are the various drafts he made before the final piece. Below that are some other rough art samples he made unrelated to the White Whale scene.

Edit: I also noticed that they added a direct link to the gallery from clicking on his name in the Staff page: http://xenobladex.jp/staff/index.html

This is a good indication that they plan on updating the gallery with samples from all the announced artists eventually, with links from the staff page to their work samples.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom