• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza 5 releasing DECEMBER 8, 2015

DJMicLuv

Damn you Fallout 4!!!!
Y5 will have to wait. I've been looking forward to it for so long though so it's going to be hard not to short-change F4. I can't wait to jump in though, my favourite game series of all time.

Seeing all these posts about having to clean their HDDs, I thank God that I have 250GB hard drive.

But I have a shitty internet so most of you guys will play the game way before I do :(

Rymuth

Damn you Fallout 4!!!!
Y5 will have to wait. I've been looking forward to it for so long though so it's going to be hard not to short-change F4.

vxSMNGu.gif

Seeing all these posts about having to clean their HDDs, I thank God that I have 250GB hard drive.

But I have a shitty internet so most of you guys will play the game way before I do :(

Lucky. I have a 150 and had to delete quite a bit to free up space. I initially deleted a bunch of videos and music thinking that would be enough (it wasn't) so I ended up deleting a few games. Ni no Kuni was one of them...not looking forward to having to download that again...

Yawnier

Banned

My hard drive is the same size as yours but still had to make a bit of room by deleting install data from games I haven't played in +2 years

ar4757

Mine'll he done within the hour, Tuesday hype I have an exam tomorrow then none until Saturday so I'll have to make time for Kiryu and friends!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Did I seriously accidentally post half my FFVII |OT| in this thread?

I apologize... didn't notice until just now ._.

JEKKI

ahhh shit 23 gigas??

gotta delete MGS5 data off my PS3 now lol

guess I'll never get to beat those final missions =P

I haven't really been following the Yakuza threads or games over the years as I was 360 only last gen.

Always been interested because Yakuza themselves fascinate me. BIG fan of Beat Takeshi's gang films.

Am I in over my head if I pick this up without having played any of the previous games? I'm sure there are catch up videos and the like on YouTube but is that not good enough or would it suffice?

I'm not crazy about having to find some way to play them without owning a PS3. Witcher 3 showed me I didn't have to have played deep game series like that before as long as I read up a good bit on the back story but Yakuza makes me nervous lol

Akibared

Damn you Fallout 4!!!!
Y5 will have to wait. I've been looking forward to it for so long though so it's going to be hard not to short-change F4. I can't wait to jump in though, my favourite game series of all time.

The wasteland and Mira can wait because Kamurocho needs me!

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
I haven't really been following the Yakuza threads or games over the years as I was 360 only last gen.

Always been interested because Yakuza themselves fascinate me. BIG fan of Beat Takeshi's gang films.

Am I in over my head if I pick this up without having played any of the previous games? I'm sure there are catch up videos and the like on YouTube but is that not good enough or would it suffice?

I'm not crazy about having to find some way to play them without owning a PS3. Witcher 3 showed me I didn't have to have played deep game series like that before as long as I read up a good bit on the back story but Yakuza makes me nervous lol

youll need a PS3 to play yakuza 5

play 4 before 5. its a great entry that you shouldnt miss, its cheaper than 5, and youll like 5 more if you are introduced to saejima and akiyama properly via 4.

you can watch recaps for the earlier games in 4.

DO NOT WATCH THE RECAP OF YAKUZA 2
the story has no bearing on the other games and its the best game in the series so you really shouldnt spoil it.

Astarte

I like playing things in release order and this series was no exception. I'm really really glad that I did that because man, 2 was something special. I liked 3, but I'm a sucker for orphanage plots. 1 was interesting while 4 had some stupid ass plot moments in it but was enjoyable as a whole.

youll need a PS3 to play yakuza 5

play 4 before 5. its a great entry that you shouldnt miss, its cheaper than 5, and youll like 5 more if you are introduced to saejima and akiyama properly via 4.

you can watch recaps for the earlier games in 4.

DO NOT WATCH THE RECAP OF YAKUZA 2
the story has no bearing on the other games and its the best game in the series so you really shouldnt spoil it.

Oh shit how did I not know Yakuza was on PS3 only?! I totally thought it was coming to PS4. Well that'll make getting into it a little more complicated...hmmmmmmm

anddo0

Was about to pull the trigger on this until I realized it was PS3... I have Yakuza 4 on PS3 (PS+). I'm barley through the opening bites of that. So, I'll pace my way through that before I give this a look. It's nice to know that it's available though.

KyleCross

I haven't been able to add any of my credit cards to PSN for about 2 years now. I don't know why, and I've even gone through different cards in those two years, I even called support about it once and got a whole lot of nothin'.

So I guess either add funds to my Paypal or buy a $50 PSN card. Super annoying.

Dio

Banned
Hell yeah, had to ask my roommate which games to delete off his hard drive to download this on his PS3. I left behind my PS3 before I moved in, so oh well.

128 minutes to go, and I just started the DL.

yaffi

I read in a review of a print magazine that the download version has more technical problems than the retail version because the game files has been compressed. Is that true?

I might've read the same review today (german Play4?).

They stated the texture quality was reduced and there's a lot of flickering. Apperently this due to compression to keep the download smaller or something. Bummer if true, but no deal-breaker for me.

LiK

I let it download last night. need to check if it completed after work, lol

I might've read the same review today (german Play4?).

They stated the texture quality was reduced and there's a lot of flickering. Apperently this due to compression to keep the download smaller or something. Bummer if true, but no deal-breaker for me.

whoa, really? sucks if true. the game is still pretty big.

Jimrpg

Fucking crying here guys... Yakuza 5 bought and downloading. We did it.

Three years of waiting, 1 day to go.

What time does it unlock?

Question about Yakuza 4.

Playing thru it before I play 5. Will I be able to play Akiyama again? Currently on Saejima and didn't get the chance to finish a sidequest or 2 on Akiyama.

8bit

Knows the Score
I haven't been able to add any of my credit cards to PSN for about 2 years now. I don't know why, and I've even gone through different cards in those two years, I even called support about it once and got a whole lot of nothin'.

So I guess either add funds to my Paypal or buy a $50 PSN card. Super annoying.

Buy a PSN code from Amazon.

Top Bottom