• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza Community Thread - FEEL THE HEAT!

While 0 doesn't have super tough bosses on a Bloodborne level, I can think of a couple of instances (in the Ultimate Challenge mode) where people may get stuck for a little while (the later boss rush missions can be pretty ruthless). Otherwise your just left with the normal secret bosses
Amon
, but don't worry much like the fact that Kiryu doesn't meet Komaki technically until Yakuza 1, they get round him meeting
Jo Amon
in this game. I found both fairly tough, but still not a patch on the secret Ishin boss battles, those were brutal, even when you level all the way up and crank the difficulty all the way down!

On 6, I've not run into any grindy bits on the gang missions so far, but I think that issue will pop up in the upcoming missions, since I did see the difficulty increase slightly in the last mission I did. Then I really need to complete the last three Hostesses...

Yeah, but those stuff are optional and many people (like more than 90%) will completely ignore them. Which is real shame cause I think they are pretty good. (especially the boss rushes)

Also, I can completely related to you keeping the hostess stuff for the last. Those are always the last things that I do in Yakuza games. They are just very repetitive.

It was more that I got side tracked completely in my main playthrough. 6's hostesses take the least time to complete compared to the other hostess mini games in previous entries, just costs a bit! So Mah Jong and battling is required to get the funds up since I can't cheese Roulette any more!

I actually miss the way 5 did hostesses. The level of interactivity was just right and each character got one hostess to date (bar Kiryu of course). I quite enjoyed the dialogue both Seijima and Shinada got. That and I liked the fact that you could take the girl out on a date and walk around town with them, I'm a bit disappointed that this feature never returned.

0 doesn't have hostesses though, instead you get the weird phone line mini game with its random hookups (so there is a chance you will not meet up with a good looking girl, and instead "fail" the side story. Its a different concept for sure, but I prefer the traditional hostess clubs. However I do like the fact that later games have less hostesses, as 2, 3 and I believe the first Black Panter game just went crazy with the number of girls included, it does get repetitive after a while (especially if its taking so long to level the girls up) not to mention it costing a pretty penny to do so. So in this case less is better (Kiwami wins as its only got 2? to date I believe). That said, Majima's hostess side mission in Dead Souls is still the best that mini game has ever gotten, as his responses are laugh out loud funny (basically saying exactly what is on his mind).

Ah, I see. I was never that big into the hostess stuff to be frank. The stories that you get at the end are cool and the dates are fun, but the whole going into the clubs and chatting with the girls get really repetitive and as you mentioned quite costly.

I actually like what they've done with telephone clubs in Yakuza 0. It's awkward as hell but watching the EZA stream the mechanics themselves were quite fun. And getting a date after only spending 2 and half minutes talking up the girl? Hell yeah. That's so much faster than the hostess clubs in previous entries.

Jimrpg

Hey Shadowman, seeing as you've played all the games, just curious if you know Japanese and how you've been handling the Japanese Yakuza games?

I know basically zero japanese apart from gomenasai and arigato gosaimasu and I just ordered Ishin and wondering if its a chore to go between the guide and the game.

I also have Kenzan as well so I guess I could start that while I wait for Ishin and 0 to arrive.

I have held off on Kenzan for like 10 years because I've been too lazy to play with a guide. >.<

Hey Shadowman, seeing as you've played all the games, just curious if you know Japanese and how you've been handling the Japanese Yakuza games?

I know basically zero japanese apart from gomenasai and arigato gosaimasu and I just ordered Ishin and wondering if its a chore to go between the guide and the game.

I also have Kenzan as well so I guess I could start that while I wait for Ishin and 0 to arrive.

I have held off on Kenzan for like 10 years because I've been too lazy to play with a guide. >.<

I just rely on Japanese wiki's translated via Google translate, the Google translate phone app for any menu stuff I can't figure out, and most importantly online translations of the games (Salty Yen did a brilliant job translating 6's story chapters). Other than standard words/phrases I don't really know anything, I'm just insanely impatient!

I've used KHH Subs written translation for Ishin, its brilliant. I used the Gamefaq guide by ThePatrick for Kenzan, and bar some confusion with certain side stories, that was excellent as well. Ideally it'd be nice to either fully understand the language or for all the games to get English releases but these guides are excellent alternatives. With stuff like Ishin and Kenzan never getting official releases I'd rather jump through a few extra hoops to understand the story rather than not playing them at all!

Jimrpg

I just rely on Japanese wiki's translated via Google translate, the Google translate phone app for any menu stuff I can't figure out, and most importantly online translations of the games (Salty Yen did a brilliant job translating 6's story chapters). Other than standard words/phrases I don't really know anything, I'm just insanely impatient!

I've used KHH Subs written translation for Ishin, its brilliant. I used the Gamefaq guide by ThePatrick for Kenzan, and bar some confusion with certain side stories, that was excellent as well. Ideally it'd be nice to either fully understand the language or for all the games to get English releases but these guides are excellent alternatives. With stuff like Ishin and Kenzan never getting official releases I'd rather jump through a few extra hoops to understand the story rather than not playing them at all!

I can attest to the quality of guides/translations on KHH subs as well. Played and finished both Ishin and Kenzan with them. Both amazing titles.

Yep I was going to use The Patrick guide for Kenzan and KHH guides for Kenzan/Ishin... but I've only just had a look now at the KHH guide for Ishin... WOW the guides are awesome.

Nice to hear about some of the other methods you use like Google Translate on your phone. I'll definitely try that out at some point.

Peroroncino

Ah, I see. I was never that big into the hostess stuff to be frank. The stories that you get at the end are cool and the dates are fun, but the whole going into the clubs and chatting with the girls get really repetitive and as you mentioned quite costly.

I actually like what they've done with telephone clubs in Yakuza 0. It's awkward as hell but watching the EZA stream the mechanics themselves were quite fun. And getting a date after only spending 2 and half minutes talking up the girl? Hell yeah. That's so much faster than the hostess clubs in previous entries.

That was hilarious, I remember he done goofed up at the end and asked her "are you a bait?" I almost choked.

Gacha-pin

Same here. They definitely didn’t spend all this time and money on a new engine just to use it in one game. A Yakuza 2 Remake with this engine aka. “Kiwami 2” has been mentioned a couple of times on GAF and it just makes too much sense to not be a thing. Maybe they’ll remake 1-5 for PS4 eventually.

If they also decide to work on a “new” game that is a radical departure from 1-6, dropping the “Ryu Ga Gotoku” name would make sense. But the brand is so strong that I think they’ll keep it and try to give the next main-character some other dragon connection instead.

The Onomichi setting in 6 and the [Yakuza 6 Story Spoiler]
short flashbacks towards the end
made me think how cool a Yakuza game set in a post-WW2 Japan could be. Basically “Battles without Honor and Humanity -The Game”. But it could be a hard sell for a videogame and the darker tone would probably be too much of a clash with wacky side-missions.

proxy_warcsjoj.jpg

A funky Yakuza game set in the 60s could be really cool as well. I’m thinking 60s music, a Pop-Art art-style like “Tokyo Drifter” mixed with the coolness of “Branded To Kill”, side-missions that cover all the cliches from Mushrooms to Soap Lands, ...

51tx5f40a7lnck9f.jpg

tiff_branded_kill-1vfk34.jpg

Whatever they decide to do next, I hope they’ll make good use of the engine. Yakuza 6 looked like a AAA PS4 game.

I thought RGG studio made Kiwami because they want fans to replay the first game, the begining of Kiryu's story, prior to 6 as the end of Kiryu's story and experience the contrast between now and then. I even thought I heard Nagoshi or Yokoyama explained this and denied Kiwami 2 in some interviews or sega streaming. But now I've finished 6...I don't know how to think about this anymore. It's very interesting if they continue RGG or even bring
Kiryu again as a main character
and how the fans react if that's happen.

I mysefl want a new game/series. I'm okey they use kamurocho again but don't want to bring Tojo, Ohmi or any other yakuza clan again as main character(s) side unless they dump their own rule that main charcter(s) must not be yakuza member(s). Nothing can get a more stupid rule than this for a yakuza themed game.

0 doesn't have hostesses though, instead you get the weird phone line mini game with its random hookups (so there is a chance you will not meet up with a good looking girl, and instead "fail" the side story. Its a different concept for sure, but I prefer the traditional hostess clubs. However I do like the fact that later games have less hostesses, as 2, 3 and I believe the first Black Panter game just went crazy with the number of girls included, it does get repetitive after a while (especially if its taking so long to level the girls up) not to mention it costing a pretty penny to do so. So in this case less is better (Kiwami wins as its only got 2? to date I believe). That said, Majima's hostess side mission in Dead Souls is still the best that mini game has ever gotten, as his responses are laugh out loud funny (basically saying exactly what is on his mind).

0 has a hostess equivalent mini game in Maima's part.

btw, I ask some gaffer to join Yakuza gaf in Japan Language thread and it seems he/she is thinking of trying 0. I did my part...I don't like the term of Yakuza gaf for some reason though ;p

I'm under embargo until the 19th so not saying more than this: I want to buy more copies than I already have preordered. Also salty the music is not on iTunes here and there's no physical release in Japan for me to import.

Finished the game a day ago. Under embargo as well. All I shall say is, I second all of what he's said.

I thought RGG studio made Kiwami because they want fans to replay the first game, the begining of Kiryu's story, prior to 6 as the end of Kiryu's story and experience the contrast between now and then. I even thought I heard Nagoshi or Yokoyama explained this and denied Kiwami 2 in some interviews or sega streaming. But now I've finished 6...I don't know how to think about this anymore. It's very interesting if they continue RGG or even bring
Kiryu again as a main character
and how the fans react if that's happen.

I mysefl want a new game/series. I'm okey they use kamurocho again but don't want to bring Tojo, Ohmi or any other yakuza clan again as main character(s) side unless they dump their own rule that main charcter(s) must not be yakuza member(s). Nothing can get a more stupid rule than this for a yakuza themed game.

0 has a hostess equivalent mini game in Maima's part.

btw, I ask some gaffer to join Yakuza gaf in Japan Language thread and it seems he/she is thinking of trying 0. I did my part...I don't like the term of Yakuza gaf for some reason though ;p

Oh yeah, totally forgot that the hostess bit was included as a side activity within Majima's Club Management.

And yeah, if and when we get a sequel hopefully they switch things up a bit main character wise to keep things fresh. It'll definitely be interesting to see if they announce anything this year. Can't see why they wouldn't want to remake 2 though, seems a pity to leave it as the only game in the series that is still on the old PS2 engine :(

That was hilarious, I remember he done goofed up at the end and asked her "are you a bait?" I almost choked.
I remember that as well. I love how some of the replies are just completely ridiculous. One of them is "are you a dragon queen?" hahaha. Huge props to Atlus for their awesome translation of this mini-game.

Gah! I'm really annoyed at myself. I've basically spent 40 hours trying to perform the weapon counter moves in Yakuza 6 completely wrong! By chance while messing around in fights today when finishing off the gang creator missions I found out that in fact your NOT supposed to hold down R1 when enemies attack you with weapons, instead just hitting triangle when an enemy attacks and your not locked on to them. Works every time now, managed to pull off all the counter moves (the hammer counter being my favourite). Oh well, glad I finally figured it out!

Speaking of the gang creator mode. I managed to finish the last story mission which actually was fairly ok difficulty wise. I've not had to grind at all and didn't really run into any problems in any of the missions, until the bonus mission at least... it has you face off against several high level bosses at once including a special guest appearance by
Amon
. I can't clear the second phase of the mission, so I'll look back into completing it at a later time when I have spare XP to level some of my characters up (currently trying to max level Kiryu though).

Sgblues

Yeah it has never been hold R1 to get weapon heat counters, I think I remember you having a similar problem with regular heat counters before, haha.

As for the clan creator, as soon as I realized I could put in codes to get characters I assembled my team of super rare cards with Kiryu, Majima, Saejima, Akiyama, Daigo and Michi Ono with Michi being a rare card.

I did wish Komaki could have been a card at least or even maybe dead characters but that would have been too much I guess.

Yeah it has never been hold R1 to get weapon heat counters, I think I remember you having a similar problem with regular heat counters before, haha.

As for the clan creator, as soon as I realized I could put in codes to get characters I assembled my team of super rare cards with Kiryu, Majima, Saejima, Akiyama, Daigo and Michi Ono with Michi being a rare card.

I did wish Komaki could have been a card at least or even maybe dead characters but that would have been too much I guess.

Yeah, can't believe I messed the counters up for the entire game! But having now figured it out at least my next playthrough I won't fall into the same problems.

I really need to find some codes for the ultra rare gang characters just to make that last mission a bit easier, as the second phase just decimates my team. For now though I'm just working on hostesses. I've not managed to invite any of them out to sing Karaoke yet though, I need to look into what I'm doing wrong there.

Sgblues

Here are some codes for super rare cards, talk to Masao(the guy with the yellow jacket) and type them in.

Kazuma Kiryu:
5FSGVEVRKVDX3EDG

Goro Majima:
YM8WT73Y3JGKF5C5

Taiga Saejima:
SUJH3CDVNYCKUYEY

Shun Akiyama:
JBADCGC3T88F7VT5

Daigo Dojima:
4538LC48XNUPBJY5

Matoko Date:
H7YWVPV3UVAXTDFA

And a rare one

Michi Ono:
TRND48KVJKLCNWHJ

As for hostesses I just kept responding to their texts and they would show up in Theater Square in front of Club Sega for a date and choosing the second option for karaoke(the first option is for darts).

Thanks for the codes, I'll definitely be using those :)

Also, thanks for the heads up on the dates, I managed to do that accidently earlier when I wasn't really paying attention to what the text messages were saying, just spamming their texts with icons to see if they would ever stop responding to me! (it makes sense and is a fairly decent way of handling that side of things, unfortunately if you spam
Amon
with responses he doesn't say a thing. Kinda hoped he would snap after a while and tell Kiryu to stop it!)

JP

OK, can I please request that nobody says anything positive about Yakuza 0 again? Nothing at all!!!

Seriously, I'm trying my absolute best not to pre-order this bloody game right now and you're making it really difficult...you bastards. I don't want to read anything else apart from how terrible this game is and how much happier I'll be just buying it.

In particular, please don't mention anything about OutRun.

That'd be lovely thanks!!!

Jimrpg

As I have Yakuza:Ishin ordered, I bit the bullet and dug out my copy of Yakuza: Kenzan and started it last night. Much to my surprise, I realised I've never actually put it into the PS3. I was a bit worried about the translation aspects because I don't know any Japanese.

The first thing that came to mind was that the graphics were AMAZING still.

I was expecting a late PS2 game, but it really blew me away. The screens above don't really do it justice as they are a bit blurry and compressed. The performance of the game early is great and the framerate is rock solid, there's no real clipping, syncing issues. There's aliasing in some areas, but usually where its hard to see unless you're looking for it. This game looks as good as Yakuza 3 and Yakuza 4. Yakuza 5 looks more detailed but its performance suffers. Areas and buildings are quite minimalist, but as you can see there's still lots of details with lighting and objects and the inside of many shops are really well done.

I am disappointed I can't read any of the dialogue. I'm using The Patrick guide right now while I play through it and maybe when its all said and done I'll go back and watch a subbed version of the cutscenes on Youtube if they have it. The Patrick guide is great and there's so much extra history and context in it.

Progress is going to be slow because I can only play it a couple of times a week, but I enjoyed the hour I played of it last night.

Tizoc

Kyoudais
My local shop has a us special editon yakuza 0 for usd 75
Wish me luck im gonna go grab later today, hope no one buys it by then @o@

As I have Yakuza:Ishin ordered, I bit the bullet and dug out my copy of Yakuza: Kenzan and started it last night. Much to my surprise, I realised I've never actually put it into the PS3. I was a bit worried about the translation aspects because I don't know any Japanese.

The first thing that came to mind was that the graphics were AMAZING still.

I was expecting a late PS2 game, but it really blew me away. The screens above don't really do it justice as they are a bit blurry and compressed. The performance of the game early is great and the framerate is rock solid, there's no real clipping, syncing issues. There's aliasing in some areas, but usually where its hard to see unless you're looking for it. This game looks as good as Yakuza 3 and Yakuza 4. Yakuza 5 looks more detailed but its performance suffers. Areas and buildings are quite minimalist, but as you can see there's still lots of details with lighting and objects and the inside of many shops are really well done.

I am disappointed I can't read any of the dialogue. I'm using The Patrick guide right now while I play through it and maybe when its all said and done I'll go back and watch a subbed version of the cutscenes on Youtube if they have it. The Patrick guide is great and there's so much extra history and context in it.

Progress is going to be slow because I can only play it a couple of times a week, but I enjoyed the hour I played of it last night.

Kenzan's main city (Kyoto?) looks beautiful at night. Its a pity that it runs at a sub HD resolution, I'd love for a proper HD upgrade for the PS4.

Man, I've been putting off playing my copies of Kenzan and Ishin for a long time now, you've convinced me I need to play them with those screenshots alone. I think I might start Kenzan after I beat Digital Devil Saga now...

Finally got around to finishing all sub-stories and beating the Amon clan in Y5. Gotta admit though, the Amon fights were a lot easier than I expect them to be. The only one who gave me some hard time was the dude you had to fight with Shinada and even that was because of those
umbrella bullshits

With Kiryu I just Tiger Dropped my way to victory lol

Tizoc

I didn't klnow how much I've missed the series' localization AND the wacky sub stories.
Started my first one in Y0 and I am having a riot.
Bless you based Nagoshi-sama.

Finally got around to finishing all sub-stories and beating the Amon clan in Y5. Gotta admit though, the Amon fights were a lot easier than I expect them to be. The only one who gave me some hard time was the dude you had to fight with Shinada and even that was because of those
umbrella bullshits

With Kiryu I just Tiger Dropped my way to victory lol

Tiger Drop for the win, easily one of my favourite special moves in gaming, it feels so damn satisfying when you land the move, especially if its against a high leveled enemy.

I've managed to make decent progress on Yakuza 6's side stuff. Finished off most of the completion list now, only have 4 bonus gang creator side missions to do, made decent progress in baseball, finished 3/5 hostess side missions etc. Only thing bringing down my completion percentage now is the side stories themselves, which I've still got 15ish to do/discover. Seeing as several are tied to other activities though I'm sure I'll get them finished in due time.
Its an incredibly addictive game, I find myself just walking aimlessly around Kamuracho sometimes, staring at the pretty lights!

Tizoc

I need a side missions guide for Y0. Y5 would point on the map where one could trigger a side mission but in Y0 you gotta be at the right place at the right time it seems.

Gacha-pin

I need a side missions guide for Y0. Y5 would point on the map where one could trigger a side mission but in Y0 you gotta be at the right place at the right time it seems.

It's hard to miss substories in 0. You will find them eventually as you keep playing the game. I didn't use a guide or the substories finder item which you will get later in the game.

Yeah, likewise I think I only "missed" one or two side stories on my initial run through of 0's story, its actually very hard to miss them assuming you spend time exploring the game world and visit the various shops/play spots in the game.

Jimrpg

I have waited a year for this

Is US$75 the going rate for imported US games in the middle east or just games in general. Cause that's expensive! But I suppose you save on petrol/gasoline getting it so it evens out ;)

Kenzan's main city (Kyoto?) looks beautiful at night. Its a pity that it runs at a sub HD resolution, I'd love for a proper HD upgrade for the PS4.

Ah I thought it was 720p, is it upscaled to 720p then? Because it still looks gorgeous regardless. Truly this game would still be fine as is released on PS4 (provided that people understand it was a game made 8-9 years ago).

I played Infamous 1 on PS3 about a year ago and that legit looked like a PS2 game and that came out in 2009.

Kyoto is also REALLY small (at least in the intro chapter) compared to other cities in the series.

Also the sword combat is really satisfying... I think I might even prefer it to regular Yakuza. Blows Way of the Samurai 4 out of the water so far.

Menitta

It's that part of the hype cycle where all I want to play is the game that's coming out. All I want to play is Yakuza 0. I've been trying to scratch that itch but nothing works. I tried playing a bit of Yakuza 4, 5, and even Sleeping Dogs but nothing! All I did was mess around at the Club Sega. I spent 10,000 yen in total al the UFO catchers!

I need Yakuza 0 now!

Tizoc

Is US$75 the going rate for imported US games in the middle east or just games in general. Cause that's expensive! But I suppose you save on petrol/gasoline getting it so it evens out ;)

Ah I thought it was 720p, is it upscaled to 720p then? Because it still looks gorgeous regardless. Truly this game would still be fine as is released on PS4 (provided that people understand it was a game made 8-9 years ago).

I played Infamous 1 on PS3 about a year ago and that legit looked like a PS2 game and that came out in 2009.

Kyoto is also REALLY small (at least in the intro chapter) compared to other cities in the series.

Also the sword combat is really satisfying... I think I might even prefer it to regular Yakuza. Blows Way of the Samurai 4 out of the water so far.

Nah over here they cost an equivalent of $60 but some shops could inflate the price if they are series like Clal of duty etc.
i mnaged to drop the price to $50 per game by trading some stuff in.

Yeah, Kenzan, 3, 4 and Dead Souls are all sub HD games. 5 was somewhat "revolutionary" because it was the first game to actually run at 720p. Its not a bit deal as Kenzan and 4 especially still look damn nice in places, and it was only really noticeable when I upgraded my TV to a bigger one. Hence why I'd kill for a basic upgrade of the PS3 Yakuza games, the PS4 ones are such a huge upgrade in that regard as they are all super clear (and in Ishin/0/Kiwami's case insanely smooth as well). Having the entire series held to that standard on one console would be a treat for sure.

And don't worry, the city opens out when you finish a few more chapters, Kenzan has a pretty long "intro" period. I do love how Kenzan is pretty much the only game in the series to have a nice series of non city areas to explore. Plus you still get all the main trimmings of a Yakuza game (like the arena, side missions, mini games).

And yeah, the combat in Kenzan is some of the best in the series for me, that and the story. I still hold it up as one of the best in the entire series, I really need to replay it to see if that's partly nostalgia talking because I still personally prefer it to Ishin.

Jimrpg

It's that part of the hype cycle where all I want to play is the game that's coming out. All I want to play is Yakuza 0. I've been trying to scratch that itch but nothing works. I tried playing a bit of Yakuza 4, 5, and even Sleeping Dogs but nothing! All I did was mess around at the Club Sega. I spent 10,000 yen in total al the UFO catchers!

I need Yakuza 0 now!

Play Kenzan or Ishin if you have them?

Yeah, Kenzan, 3, 4 and Dead Souls are all sub HD games. 5 was somewhat "revolutionary" because it was the first game to actually run at 720p. Its not a bit deal as Kenzan and 4 especially still look damn nice in places, and it was only really noticeable when I upgraded my TV to a bigger one. Hence why I'd kill for a basic upgrade of the PS3 Yakuza games, the PS4 ones are such a huge upgrade in that regard as they are all super clear (and in Ishin/0/Kiwami's case insanely smooth as well). Having the entire series held to that standard on one console would be a treat for sure.

It would be so amazing if they came out on PC with various graphics options and resolutions. I recall someone tried Yakuza 2 via emulator and it looked decent.

I'd rather have them on the PS4 than the PC (since I'd then have the entire series on one platform) but yeah, after the excellent Binary Domain port its clear that the series really should get a PC release as well. I have played the first game emulated on the PC and it was excellent (I had problems running 2 though, it slowed down when it rained in the game, thankfully Sega had announced the PS3 HD ports of 1&2 so I just brought that instead and enjoyed 2 HD that way!)

Tizoc

If they can have the series on more platforms for people to play, SEGA should consider it. PC is the easiest though as for one thing, any future sales of the games are going to be a revenue since they'd had covered their costs before.

Gacha-pin

From RGG studio programing team's presentation at cedec2016
http://www.4gamer.net/games/317/G031731/20160826020/
http://www.inside-games.jp/article/2016/08/29/101325.html

Ryu Ga Gotoku Kenzan 1280x720 Edge Filter
RYu Ga Gotoku 3 1024x768 NoAA
Ryu Ga Gotoku 4 1024x768 MSAAx2
Ryu Ga Gotoku Of The End MLAA
Ryu Ga Gotoku 5 1024x768 MLAA
Ryu Ga Gotoku Ishin 1152x720 MLAA
Ryu Go Gotoku 0 1152x720 MLAA

If this is correct, Kenzan is the only RGG that reached to 720p. Of The End rez is missing in the above article but I assume it's the same as 4 and 5.

Really? I could have sworn 5 reached 720p... I'm surprised as it looked sharper/clearer than the rest of the PS3 games even when I replayed it last year while Kenzan looked slightly softer (maybe that's due to the edge filter?)

Gacha-pin

I always thought Kenzan was the best looking RGG but it was because its artstyle with those Kyoto environments. And yea, I also thought 5 was 720p. It looks sharper than ancestors.

Just came here to post this.

26xBBi5IgnYzy3LO0.gif

That should be the OT.

Yes, just that gif.

Dyamu, RGG studio did a great job for facial expressions in 0. This is also missing in 6.

BTW, You will find many wtf die laughing moments in 0. Prepare to die ;p

Kazzy

The fact that I'm in a reality that has Yakuza 5, 0, with other localisations on the way, just feels surreal to me.

It's the best!

Jimrpg

From RGG studio programing team's presentation at cedec2016
http://www.4gamer.net/games/317/G031731/20160826020/
http://www.inside-games.jp/article/2016/08/29/101325.html

If this is correct, Kenzan is the only RGG that reached to 720p. Of The End rez is missing in the above article but I assume it's the same as 4 and 5.

Really? I could have sworn 5 reached 720p... I'm surprised as it looked sharper/clearer than the rest of the PS3 games even when I replayed it last year while Kenzan looked slightly softer (maybe that's due to the edge filter?)

Cool List Gacha-pin.

Yakuza 5 looks blurry to me, maybe it was too detailed for its own good that it had a hit on performance, so I can see that it was in fact sub HD.

Kenzan's image looks really crisp and clean, due mostly to less 'detail' or less polygons or less things happening on screen, but the image is bright with lots of colour and the period setting is especially vibrant. Many of the interiors are superbly done. There is a bit of bloom but its probably that era in games where EVERYTHING had bloom so its not that bad.

I mean Yakuza 5 probably still looks better (especially Kamurocho) but i was just surprised a 2008 game held up that well. Its that clever reuse of assets this series has that makes the games hold up.

IrishNinja

okay, so i'm working with m'man cj_iwakura for the OT, he's knocking out the banners this weekend while i'm outta town - i'm likely gonna copy character info & story stuff from sega themselves or the like, as i've purposely tried to stay away from spoilers, haha.

gameplay stuff i think we got a good writeup from sparda in the starter guide thread, prolly gonna use that! few trailers & promo stuff, a general FAQ and of course the title y'all agreed on and baby, we got us a stew goin

Yakuza 0 OT | Yes, you can start with this one!

^looks about right?

Just came here to post this.

26xBBi5IgnYzy3LO0.gif

okay i'm thinking we start with this gem, yeah

okay, so i'm working with m'man cj_iwakura for the OT, he's knocking out the banners this weekend while i'm outta town - i'm likely gonna copy character info & story stuff from sega themselves or the like, as i've purposely tried to stay away from spoilers, haha.

gameplay stuff i think we got a good writeup from sparda in the starter guide thread, prolly gonna use that! few trailers & promo stuff, a general FAQ and of course the title y'all agreed on and baby, we got us a stew goin

Yakuza 0 OT | Yes, you can start with this one!

^looks about right?

okay i'm thinking we start with this gem, yeah
Yeah, looks good.

LMAO @ that gif. You should def put it in the OT, though maybe not at very beginning lol. Put at the end after saying something like "Let's do this" and then this gif hahaha.

Top Bottom