• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yamcha got killed by a Saibaman -_-

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love that Mr. Satan was the most important human by the end.

Anyway, I'm only gonna be particularly interested in Dragon Ball Super if they promise to do whatever they can to make the humans relevant again. Goku doesn't need to be the series' God-tier anymore - it's fine to make him the strongest, but perhaps the "Z Fighters" somehow find a way to increase their strength potential?

I never liked that Cell transformed. He should have remained in his first form, and just absorbed people to get stronger and steal their powers. It was his best form anyway!

Yamcha...

lel.

Krillin ftw! Although he should of used destructo disc more. If I'm not mistaken it has cut everything it has come in contact with [that scene with Cell is filler]

Turin

Banned
11192735_1382886635375276_1936070705_n.jpg

Everyone who forked out money for the fight:

CDsHI4eUgAABDzr.jpg:large

SalvaPot

Sorachi’s Question Corner (Gintama Volume 38 - chapter 332)

QUESTION:
Sensei, don’t you think you make fun of Mr. Yamcha too much? Certainly when one thinks of Yamcha, the phrase “good-for-nothing” often comes up. But that does not establish his value. First of all, he is very respected. That’s very apparent when you look at Puar. And speaking of Dragonball, it is a manga famous for having lots of treacherous underlings, subordinates taking their superior’s place. Among them, it is rare for one whose loyalty to their master always persists. In terms of Yamcha’s position, his senior as a pupil, Kuririn has more raw strength, but even he addresses Yamcha with the suffix “san” attached, which I think just shows how much respect he has (speaking of which, Tenshinhan, whom is about the same age as him, says things to him like “you have any cash on you?”). Even in the episode where he split up with Bulma, that was actually Bulma getting dumped by Yamcha. A man of Yamcha’s caliber would not get left by a woman. But Yamcha wasn’t demeaned by Bulma, he chose to be a clown on his own. DB is liable to have character’s value be determined by their strength, but I think the one with the truly greatest caliber as a human is Yamcha.

ANSWER:
I agree.
-

Sorachi’s Question Corner (Gintama Volume 38 - chapter 334)

-
QUESTION:
Sorachi-sensei, hello. What exactly is Yamcha to you, sensei? Please, you’ve gotta tell me.

ANSWER:
Yes, certainly when one thinks of Yamcha, the phrase “good-for-nothing” often comes up. But that does not establish his value. First of all, he is very respected. That’s very apparent when you look at Puar. And speaking of Dragonball, it is a manga famous for having lots of treacherous underlings, subordinates taking their superior’s place. Among them, it is rare for one whose loyalty to their master always persists. In terms of Yamcha’s position, his senior as a pupil, Kuririn has more raw strength, but even he addresses Yamcha with the suffix “san” attached, which I think just shows how much respect he has (speaking of which, Tenshinhan, whom is about the same age as him, says things to him like “you have any cash on you?”). Even in the episode where he split up with Bulma, that was actually Bulma getting dumped by Yamcha. A man of Yamcha’s caliber would not get left by a woman. But Yamcha wasn’t demeaned by Bulma, he chose to be a clown on his own. DB is liable to have character’s value be determined by their strength, but I think the one with the truly greatest caliber as a human is Yamcha.

This scrub has never won a match. Keep in mind he has been throwing winnable fights while Tea and Mokuba have had just as many combined wins as his total losses.

Tea and Mokuba!
Yeah although Mokuba beat Joey and almost beat Yugi in their first duel.

And by duel I mean that rigged Russian roulette dinner.

PSqueak

Banned
This Yamcha disrespect has to stop!! I'm pretty sure there are bigger L takers in anime than him!!!

*patiently waits*

What about Dik Dik Van Dik from Ultimate Muscle?

It was a running gag how despite graduating top of their class, he never won and when he did win ONE FIGHT everyone was annoyingly showering him with praise for winning his first fight, much to his displeasure.

i'm not sure, but i think they are called

"cyber man"

you know, like saibaa-man ... saibaa from cyber?

i'll show myself out

The funniest thing about the Saibamen isn't that Yamcha got killed by one, it's that just one of them is equal to Raditz in power. He was so weak that they can grow Raditzes.

Makes you wonder why Raditz was able to hang around Vegeta and Nappa. This was even before power levels were off the charts crazy and he was still ridiculously outmatched by them. Any of the Z fighters could have taken him on after training with Popo/Kaio/Piccolo.

Sharpeye

The funniest thing about the Saibamen isn't that Yamcha got killed by one, it's that just one of them is equal to Raditz in power. He was so weak that they can grow Raditzes.

Makes you wonder why Raditz was able to hang around Vegeta and Nappa. This was even before power levels were off the charts crazy and he was still ridiculously outmatched by them. Any of the Z fighters could have taken him on after training with Popo/Kaio/Piccolo.

Well he was still one of the last saiyans so I guess as long as he didn't embarrass himself in front of Vegeta like Nappa did there would been no reason for him to be killed off.

Because Saibamen are stupid and Raditz is a good fighter. They're almost as strong as him, but that doesn't mean they're anywhere near as good in a fight as him.

Makes you wonder why Raditz was able to hang around Vegeta and Nappa.
I think both Nappa and Vegeta both commented on how stronger they were in comparison to Raditz, right?

I guess he was with the crew because he was loyal to the Saiyans rather than be on the side of the humans.

NeonZ

I love that Mr. Satan was the most important human by the end.

Anyway, I'm only gonna be particularly interested in Dragon Ball Super if they promise to do whatever they can to make the humans relevant again. Goku doesn't need to be the series' God-tier anymore - it's fine to make him the strongest, but perhaps the "Z Fighters" somehow find a way to increase their strength potential?

Tenshinhan and Roshi being featured in RoF's army battle seems to have led to them getting to appear in some of the promotional material and merchandising.

If there's any coordination between the movie and the new series at all, it could indicate they'll be getting bigger roles than before in the new show.

NateDrake

Nappa & Vegeta should have used a small group of Saibamen to train Raditz. Have them kick his ass, heal him, and instant power-boost.

Tenshinhan and Roshi being featured in RoF's army battle seems to have led to them getting to appear in some of the promotional material and merchandising.

If there's any coordination between the movie and the new series at all, it could indicate they'll be getting bigger roles than before in the new show.

How I wish this to be true.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
There are three things that can happen to Yamcha in DBS:

-He becomes self-parody, dies or loses all the time

-He actually does something relevant as a inversion of expectations that have been built up by his negative reputation

-He barely shows up and gets Puar'd into the background of the series

You live your entire life as a criminal in a desert. The only companionship you have a talking cat. One day, desperate for something of worth in your dirt-ridden existence, you try to rob a teenage girl, a pig, and a small boy. The small boy kicks your teeth out after seeing a girl makes you bashful and embarrassed, and peeping a titty makes you pass out.

When confronted with the possibility of having any wish granted by a magical dragon, your wish would be "I don't want to drop spaghetti while looking at a lady"

You then spend days creeping on these folks, watching for a way to achieve this lofty goal, you are forced to hit a little girl (one of your few [only?] victories) and then hit on her.

Eventually you are captured and saved only when the little kid turns into a giant monkey. The pig does more than you to save the day.

But it's okay, right? You finally got a girlfriend. Well, kind of. You don't really see each other that often.

You decide to show the world your stuff and enter into the Tenkaichi Budokai, the greatest martial arts tournament of all time. You are immediately eliminated in the quarter finals by an old man nobody's heard of before. You embarrass and humiliate yourself by insisting that it's a different old man in disguise before being proven a fool.

The next time you hear from Goku, he's taking on terrorist Nazis or some crazy shit. So you gear up to raid the Hydra base and... you're not needed at all. You get a sinking feeling in your heart, like this won't be getting old soon.

You help Goku fight the fortune teller's fighters. An invisible man beats you up and you barely win when your girlfriend's boobs are gawked at by an old man. You are then beaten up by a mummy.

But the Turtle Hermit, greatest living martial arts master, has taken you in. You'll do well in the next tournament!

Nope. The heel you challenged beats and destroys you in front of a crowd. You are helpless. Like a child. Your legs, broken. By the end of the tournament, the man who brutalized you is declared champion, but he decided to be "nice" now, so you have to pretend that it's okay and you're friends after he annihilated your pride for all to see.

A demon king attacks the world and you stay with the peanut gallery. The bad guy doesn't even bother to go after you despite specifically targeting martial artists. Jesus Christ.

Speaking of God, Goku is training with God now. You feel so very small and weak. M-maybe the next tournament.... ?

The next tournament sees you headbutted in the junk and defeated handily by a middle aged tourist. True, it's God in disguise, but still. Nobody knows that. Yamcha, the desert bandit. His tournament career ended by an old man. That's your public legacy.

(Also you have a scar for some reason, which is kind of pathetic considering that the children who underwent the same training didn't get maimed like you.)

Oh, and Goku gets married before you, and he doesn't even know what marriage is.

Years pass and you become a baseball player. That one glorious period of fame and recognition is going to come to an end. You learn that Goku's dead and it's time for you and the others to take the lead. Time to train under God himself to protect the Earth from deadly alie

nvm you died. krillin destroys several saibamen with a single attack, while you lie lifeless in the dirt. good try though. yajirobe and the five year old do more than you.

For the next few months you sit on a planet while King Kai teaches you jack shit.

You come back to life! Your girlfriend breaks up with you and immediately starts flirting with the guy who got you killed less than a year ago. His power is so strong and big compared to yours, flaccid and tiny. You can only stand around and cry when Frieza comes to Earth, and are filled with joy when he's defeated by a mysterious stranger from the future who gives you a dire warning that you're going to fail in another timeline as well.

After three years of training your ex hooks up with the evil spaceman and they make a baby, who you have to help change the diapers of whenever you swing by

You get punched through the chest by an old man without doing anything. You try to explain that they can steal your energy, but you could have done something before that. You just don't care anymore. You wait until Goku's nearly dead to explain the energy stealing bit, and then take him back home to babysit him as you openly acknowledge your uselessness

Oh and the future stranger is Bulma and Vegeta's badass robot fighting son, and thus the whole fate of two worlds depended on Vegeta and Bulma's amazing sweaty unprotected lovemaking. Nothing has ever depended on you or ever will

Tien does more than you when he holds off the bugman. You just do nothing. Krillin gets a robot girlfriend who barely ages. You get nothing.

A tournament comes around again and the gang is getting together for old time's sake. Even Krillin is going to enter. Good ol' Krillin. Always there for the team. Always in the fight, even when he's outclassed.

You stay in the stands with Krillin's daughter to babysit her. Your ex-girlfriend cheers on her husband and their son, who wins the junior division. You have no son.

When they all fly off to fight Majin Buu nobody even thinks about inviting you to come and help

Nobody ever thinks about you

Goshdamn bruh.

Yeah, Yamcha ain't shit.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
This Yamcha disrespect has to stop!! I'm pretty sure there are bigger L takers in anime than him!!!

*patiently waits*

"sup?"

While not including filler at least Yamcha has had a victory against a named character (the mummy man).

Choazu keeps taking Ls, he lost in the preliminaries of the budokai. That's shameful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom