• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yamcha got killed by a Saibaman -_-

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
No, because that usually happens when you give a One Hit Kill technique to a side character.

If he hit people with it often, there wouldn't be much tension, im guessing this is why Cell and Buu had regen abilities, to eliminate this sort of plot hole.

Krillan actually uses it against Perfect Cell and it doesn't do shit. So it's not a guaranteed OTK.

Sendero

Did you read the chapter from the new Naruto manga series?

She overlaid a photo of herself over Karin's, standing next to Sasuke.

She's pretending to be Sasuke's wife, and hid that from Sasuke's daughter.

Like, seriously, it's beyond tragic what Kishi did with Sakura.
Wait, what?? I'm gonna need some references here.

Psxphile

What the flying fuck

Goku no! Bad touch!

slapped dat shit like it was naughty

He's just checking for her soft pillow-of-balls.

Look man he thought he was gonna be sleeping on a nice "pillow."

For those not familiar with Dragon Ball, the implication being that as a child Goku often slept with his head resting on Grandpa Gohan's junk because he liked how soft it felt, lol. Dat country life, so innocent.

Kid Goku was a lovable moron.

orochi91

PMobg4P.gif

LOL, brilliant.

Wait, what?? I'm gonna need some references here.

Check for NARUTO GAIDEN: THE SEVENTH HOKAGE chapter 1.

No, because that usually happens when you give a One Hit Kill technique to a side character.

If he hit people with it often, there wouldn't be much tension, im guessing this is why Cell and Buu had regen abilities, to eliminate this sort of plot hole.

Cell just no-celled it when he got hit with it anyway.

PSqueak

Banned
No, the flying technique was a staple of the crane hermit school. Both Chiaotzu and tien flew

Tien didn't fly when he was introduced, that's why the climatic battle between him and Goku happened at free fall, both of them were falling and the ring was destroyed, if tien could fly he would have been the defacto winner, goku lost after being unlucky enough to hit a car and making him fall first.

Also, remember Tao Pai Pai also used the Crane style, but he couldn't fly, instead he threw a pillar and jumped on it as means for transportation.

Or at least that's how i remember it, could be wrong.

ZealousD

Tien didn't fly when he was introduced, that's why the climatic battle between him and Goku happened at free fall, both of them were falling and the ring was destroyed, if tien could fly he would have been the defacto winner, goku lost after being unlucky enough to hit a car and making him fall first.

Also, remember Tao Pai Pai also used the Crane style, but he couldn't fly, instead he threw a pillar and jumped on it as means for transportation.

Or at least that's how i remember it, could be wrong.

Tien and Goku were both unconscious during that free fall. Tien could fly during that match.

Kinyou

Did you read the chapter from the new Naruto manga series?

She overlaid a photo of herself over Karin's, standing next to Sasuke.

She's pretending to be Sasuke's wife, and hid that from Sasuke's daughter.

Like, seriously, it's beyond tragic what Kishi did with Sakura.

Yamcha is god tier next to her lol
Oh wow. I might take a look at naruto again just to see this.

PSqueak

Banned
Tien and Goku were both unconscious during that free fall. Tien could fly during that match.

Ah, yes, you're right, i forgot about this.

Edit: Also, in hindsight, im surprised energy beams shot through the fighter's foot never really caught on after that one time Goku did it.

ZealousD

You guys remember when Tien had four arms?

Shoulda kept doing that instead of splitting up into multiple people.

Zomba13

While we're on Chiaotzu, let's talk about the greatest thing he did and nobody ever acknowledges.

He taught earthlings how to fly.

On DBZ people take for granted that all characters fly, but people seem to forget nobody could before Chiaotzu was introduced, he was the original flier and he taught everyone else how to do this!

That was pretty cool of you Chiaotzu.

If only you had taught them how to paralyze oponents with their mind like you used to, man, that could have saved countless lives!

He should have taught Yamcha how to self-destruct.

Real Hero

I'm watching Dragon Ball for the first time (after watching DBZ as a kid) and Yamcha's defining character trait is he's scared of girls. I'm not surprised he sucks as fighting.

Nah, Chiaotzu blew himself up, he meant to do that. Yamcha tried to fight but was blow up by a little green vegtable man. He's the worst.

What he meant to do was kill nappa and failed spectacularly. At least yamcha gives us something to laugh about.

El Sloth

Banned
One day I'll own the figure of him dead in the crater (with crater included!) to display prominently on my coffee table.

Davey Cakes

it always blows my mind how depite this, people still make jokes about Krillin being the weakest.

Krillin was the strongest human and he nearly one shot'd Frieza with his saw technique!
The destructo disc in general...

How is it not one of the most devastating attacks in DBZ? I mean, Frieza's version was pretty strong as well. Why didn't, like, anyone learn the move afterward? Seems so much more effective than giant energy blasts.

Chop up your enemy with a bunch of destructo discs and THEN disintegrate them with a giant energy blast. Done.

How is it not one of the most devastating attacks in DBZ? I mean, Frieza's version was pretty strong as well. Why didn't, like, anyone learn the move afterward? Seems so much more effective than giant energy blasts.

The move takes a long time to charge up. Same with Special Beam Cannon. There devastating attacks but you would need someone to hold off an opponent and keep them distracted in order for it to work. Krillin's Destructo Disc is not accurate and can easily miss.

I would have been concerned if Goten grew up being green, but Piccolo is just the babysitter. Just trying to make that green while trying to save the world, I respect that.
After a life of crime, Chichi gave him a second chance to help clean himself up, all while giving Gohan some life advice.
9jBmg.png

Chop up your enemy with a bunch of destructo discs and THEN disintegrate them with a giant energy blast. Done.
Others did learn how to use it. Even Android 18 knew how good that shit was. The problem is that it's not wholly accurate, and some enemies can completely shrug it off (Cell v.3)

Sendero

Check for NARUTO GAIDEN: THE SEVENTH HOKAGE chapter 1.
Damn. Well, that's a hook, alright.

Anyway, Krilin was the strongest, got the best girl and perfected a way to give ki an actual edge for cutting/piercing. Realistically speaking, that and Piccolo's Makankōsappō should have been used as basis for more interesting attacks against Buu.

Still, I liked Yajirobe way more. He didn't have a real reason to keep fighting, yet he still went a saved the day multiple times. And that, without really having the drive to train hard. Imagine a bloodlust version of him. Would watch that.

Hell, Chiaotzu prolly got the idea from watching Yamcha die.His mistake was trying that on someone who is not Yamcha.
Brutal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom