• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yamcha got killed by a Saibaman -_-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember that time Yamcha was actually useful?

Me neither. Guy is actually less helpful than Yajurobi, at least Yajurobi brings the beans.

That's an insult to Yajurobi. Yajurobi actually did useful stuff. He defeated and eaten one of Piccolo's minions, carried Goku all the way up Korin's tower, and chopped off Vegeta's tail.

He has done much more than Yamcha.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
That's an insult to Yajurobi. Yajurobi actually did useful stuff. He defeated and eaten one of Piccolo's minions, carried Goku all the way up Korin's tower, and chopped off Vegeta's tail.

He has done much more than Yamcha.

And he cheered goku on against King Picollo!

.... from the shadows

Oh my god. That post was an evisceration. That was probably the best thing I've read all day.

Two things I'd like to see in the new dragonball stuff:

1.) A vicious fight between 2 of the human fighters who should be kind of in the same universe in terms of their power level. Yamcha vs Krillin would be ideal. Whatever reason they dream up is fine.

2.) Yamcha winning something, anything, or even something that could be perceived as a victory, standing there with his weird mullet blowing in the wind.

Nah, Yamcha was the first character to go "okay, this is too far above me, I gotta just stay outta this."

It's actually Krillin who's the arrogant one. He's the one who constantly mocks the "regular" humans in the later parts of DBZ despite being basically the same as them to the Saiyans.

So what you're saying is that Yamcha is smart because he's a coward, and Krillin is "arrogant" for stepping up, even against seemingly insurmountable odds, to protect his friends and loved ones.

Ok then.

PSqueak

Banned
Nah, Yamcha was the first character to go "okay, this is too far above me, I gotta just stay outta this."

It's actually Krillin who's the arrogant one. He's the one who constantly mocks the "regular" humans in the later parts of DBZ despite being basically the same as them to the Saiyans.

The thing is, Krillin started as Yamcha 2.0:

He was arrogant, he played dirty, he was a rival to goku and eventually became his bro.

The problem is, despite meeting Yamcha first, it was Krillin who became Goku's best bro, and thus Krillin became the one who would always be there no matter how out classed he was.

Krillin's death made Goku freak the fuck out and power up TWICE (once in DB, once in DBZ), not ONCE did Goku react like this to Yamcha dying.

Yamcha should have been the best bro, but Krillin did everything, not just fighting, better than him.

Two things I'd like to see in the new dragonball stuff:

1.) A vicious fight between 2 of the human fighters who should be kind of in the same universe in terms of their power level. Yamcha vs Krillin would be ideal. Whatever reason they dream up is fine.

2.) Yamcha winning something, anything, or even something that could be perceived as a victory, standing there with his weird mullet blowing in the wind.

maybe they should do tenshinhan vs krillin and clear this up once and for all.

#teamtien

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
So what you're saying is that Yamcha is smart because he's a coward, and Krillin is "arrogant" for stepping up, even against seemingly insurmountable odds, to protect his friends and loved ones.

Ok then.

I think it's also a type of courage to admit you're outmatched and not constantly get in the way of your friends and force them to have to worry about you.

Merkunt

dead-yamcha-figure-1.jpg

It's like every anime series has to have a jobber...

Where can I get this?

What is more sad is the fact that Yamcha's only job was taken. He's not even the jobber anymore, that's Vegeta's job. Vegeta ruined Yamcha's life. First killing him, then stealing his girlfriend, and then taking his job.

Maybe it's just me, but it seems as if all the Yamcha jokes started after Dragon Ball Abridged. No one even cared before, either you liked him, or you didnt even remember him.

MikeMyers

What is more sad is the fact that Yamcha's only job was taken. He's not even the jobber anymore, that's Vegeta's job. Vegeta ruined Yamcha's life. First killing him, then stealing his girlfriend, and then taking his job.
If anything Gohan is the modern Yamcha. Even looks like him.

SalvaPot

You live your entire life as a criminal in a desert. The only companionship you have a talking cat. One day, desperate for something of worth in your dirt-ridden existence, you try to rob a teenage girl, a pig, and a small boy. The small boy kicks your teeth out after seeing a girl makes you bashful and embarrassed, and peeping a titty makes you pass out.

When confronted with the possibility of having any wish granted by a magical dragon, your wish would be "I don't want to drop spaghetti while looking at a lady"

You then spend days creeping on these folks, watching for a way to achieve this lofty goal, you are forced to hit a little girl (one of your few [only?] victories) and then hit on her.

Eventually you are captured and saved only when the little kid turns into a giant monkey. The pig does more than you to save the day.

But it's okay, right? You finally got a girlfriend. Well, kind of. You don't really see each other that often.

You decide to show the world your stuff and enter into the Tenkaichi Budokai, the greatest martial arts tournament of all time. You are immediately eliminated in the quarter finals by an old man nobody's heard of before. You embarrass and humiliate yourself by insisting that it's a different old man in disguise before being proven a fool.

The next time you hear from Goku, he's taking on terrorist Nazis or some crazy shit. So you gear up to raid the Hydra base and... you're not needed at all. You get a sinking feeling in your heart, like this won't be getting old soon.

You help Goku fight the fortune teller's fighters. An invisible man beats you up and you barely win when your girlfriend's boobs are gawked at by an old man. You are then beaten up by a mummy.

But the Turtle Hermit, greatest living martial arts master, has taken you in. You'll do well in the next tournament!

Nope. The heel you challenged beats and destroys you in front of a crowd. You are helpless. Like a child. Your legs, broken. By the end of the tournament, the man who brutalized you is declared champion, but he decided to be "nice" now, so you have to pretend that it's okay and you're friends after he annihilated your pride for all to see.

A demon king attacks the world and you stay with the peanut gallery. The bad guy doesn't even bother to go after you despite specifically targeting martial artists. Jesus Christ.

Speaking of God, Goku is training with God now. You feel so very small and weak. M-maybe the next tournament.... ?

The next tournament sees you headbutted in the junk and defeated handily by a middle aged tourist. True, it's God in disguise, but still. Nobody knows that. Yamcha, the desert bandit. His tournament career ended by an old man. That's your public legacy.

(Also you have a scar for some reason, which is kind of pathetic considering that the children who underwent the same training didn't get maimed like you.)

Oh, and Goku gets married before you, and he doesn't even know what marriage is.

Years pass and you become a baseball player. That one glorious period of fame and recognition is going to come to an end. You learn that Goku's dead and it's time for you and the others to take the lead. Time to train under God himself to protect the Earth from deadly alie

nvm you died. krillin destroys several saibamen with a single attack, while you lie lifeless in the dirt. good try though. yajirobe and the five year old do more than you.

For the next few months you sit on a planet while King Kai teaches you jack shit.

You come back to life! Your girlfriend breaks up with you and immediately starts flirting with the guy who got you killed less than a year ago. His power is so strong and big compared to yours, flaccid and tiny. You can only stand around and cry when Frieza comes to Earth, and are filled with joy when he's defeated by a mysterious stranger from the future who gives you a dire warning that you're going to fail in another timeline as well.

After three years of training your ex hooks up with the evil spaceman and they make a baby, who you have to help change the diapers of whenever you swing by

You get punched through the chest by an old man without doing anything. You try to explain that they can steal your energy, but you could have done something before that. You just don't care anymore. You wait until Goku's nearly dead to explain the energy stealing bit, and then take him back home to babysit him as you openly acknowledge your uselessness

Oh and the future stranger is Bulma and Vegeta's badass robot fighting son, and thus the whole fate of two worlds depended on Vegeta and Bulma's amazing sweaty unprotected lovemaking. Nothing has ever depended on you or ever will

Tien does more than you when he holds off the bugman. You just do nothing. Krillin gets a robot girlfriend who barely ages. You get nothing.

A tournament comes around again and the gang is getting together for old time's sake. Even Krillin is going to enter. Good ol' Krillin. Always there for the team. Always in the fight, even when he's outclassed.

You stay in the stands with Krillin's daughter to babysit her. Your ex-girlfriend cheers on her husband and their son, who wins the junior division. You have no son.

When they all fly off to fight Majin Buu nobody even thinks about inviting you to come and help

Nobody ever thinks about you

Yamcha15.PNG

PSqueak

Banned
Man all this reminicesnce about Dragon ball, there is so many things characters should have passed each other.

Puar and Oolong took lessons to gain the ability to transform, Puar stated so because Ooolong was kicked out before completing the course, why didn't the teach this to others?

Devilman had a technique that made anybody who has done evil things, no matter how innocuous, die on the spot, why did nobody ask him to teach this to the Z warriors in order to save the world?

Captain Blue was killed, but you're telling me nobody else in the world had psychic powers?

Okay, so Boss Rabbit was stranded in the moon (which later was destroyed), but what about the guys with the magic Whine pouch? so many fights could have been solved by getting one of those.

ChouGoku

Man all this reminicesnce about Dragon ball, there is so many things characters should have passed each other.

Puar and Oolong took lessons to gain the ability to transform, Puar stated so because Ooolong was kicked out before completing the course, why didn't the teach this to others?

Devilman had a technique that made anybody who has done evil things, no matter how innocuous, die on the spot, why did nobody ask him to teach this to the Z warriors in order to save the world?

Captain Blue was killed, but you're telling me nobody else in the world had psychic powers?

Okay, so Boss Rabbit was stranded in the moon, but what about the guys with the magic Whine pouch? so many fights could have been solved by getting one of those.
Toriyama isnt really the best writer and forgets stuff all the time, he was writing the Artifical human saga week by week. He was even saying he didnt know what was going on next when dealing with Trunks, thats why the split timelines look like a multiverse

Yamcha confirmed for shittiest Saiyan!

Onio or Tarble take that cake. Raditz was pretty badasss when he showed up

Jokergrin

You live your entire life as a criminal in a desert. The only companionship you have a talking cat. One day, desperate for something of worth in your dirt-ridden existence, you try to rob a teenage girl, a pig, and a small boy. The small boy kicks your teeth out after seeing a girl makes you bashful and embarrassed, and peeping a titty makes you pass out.

When confronted with the possibility of having any wish granted by a magical dragon, your wish would be "I don't want to drop spaghetti while looking at a lady"

You then spend days creeping on these folks, watching for a way to achieve this lofty goal, you are forced to hit a little girl (one of your few [only?] victories) and then hit on her.

Eventually you are captured and saved only when the little kid turns into a giant monkey. The pig does more than you to save the day.

But it's okay, right? You finally got a girlfriend. Well, kind of. You don't really see each other that often.

You decide to show the world your stuff and enter into the Tenkaichi Budokai, the greatest martial arts tournament of all time. You are immediately eliminated in the quarter finals by an old man nobody's heard of before. You embarrass and humiliate yourself by insisting that it's a different old man in disguise before being proven a fool.

The next time you hear from Goku, he's taking on terrorist Nazis or some crazy shit. So you gear up to raid the Hydra base and... you're not needed at all. You get a sinking feeling in your heart, like this won't be getting old soon.

You help Goku fight the fortune teller's fighters. An invisible man beats you up and you barely win when your girlfriend's boobs are gawked at by an old man. You are then beaten up by a mummy.

But the Turtle Hermit, greatest living martial arts master, has taken you in. You'll do well in the next tournament!

Nope. The heel you challenged beats and destroys you in front of a crowd. You are helpless. Like a child. Your legs, broken. By the end of the tournament, the man who brutalized you is declared champion, but he decided to be "nice" now, so you have to pretend that it's okay and you're friends after he annihilated your pride for all to see.

A demon king attacks the world and you stay with the peanut gallery. The bad guy doesn't even bother to go after you despite specifically targeting martial artists. Jesus Christ.

Speaking of God, Goku is training with God now. You feel so very small and weak. M-maybe the next tournament.... ?

The next tournament sees you headbutted in the junk and defeated handily by a middle aged tourist. True, it's God in disguise, but still. Nobody knows that. Yamcha, the desert bandit. His tournament career ended by an old man. That's your public legacy.

(Also you have a scar for some reason, which is kind of pathetic considering that the children who underwent the same training didn't get maimed like you.)

Oh, and Goku gets married before you, and he doesn't even know what marriage is.

Years pass and you become a baseball player. That one glorious period of fame and recognition is going to come to an end. You learn that Goku's dead and it's time for you and the others to take the lead. Time to train under God himself to protect the Earth from deadly alie

nvm you died. krillin destroys several saibamen with a single attack, while you lie lifeless in the dirt. good try though. yajirobe and the five year old do more than you.

For the next few months you sit on a planet while King Kai teaches you jack shit.

You come back to life! Your girlfriend breaks up with you and immediately starts flirting with the guy who got you killed less than a year ago. His power is so strong and big compared to yours, flaccid and tiny. You can only stand around and cry when Frieza comes to Earth, and are filled with joy when he's defeated by a mysterious stranger from the future who gives you a dire warning that you're going to fail in another timeline as well.

After three years of training your ex hooks up with the evil spaceman and they make a baby, who you have to help change the diapers of whenever you swing by

You get punched through the chest by an old man without doing anything. You try to explain that they can steal your energy, but you could have done something before that. You just don't care anymore. You wait until Goku's nearly dead to explain the energy stealing bit, and then take him back home to babysit him as you openly acknowledge your uselessness

Oh and the future stranger is Bulma and Vegeta's badass robot fighting son, and thus the whole fate of two worlds depended on Vegeta and Bulma's amazing sweaty unprotected lovemaking. Nothing has ever depended on you or ever will

Tien does more than you when he holds off the bugman. You just do nothing. Krillin gets a robot girlfriend who barely ages. You get nothing.

A tournament comes around again and the gang is getting together for old time's sake. Even Krillin is going to enter. Good ol' Krillin. Always there for the team. Always in the fight, even when he's outclassed.

You stay in the stands with Krillin's daughter to babysit her. Your ex-girlfriend cheers on her husband and their son, who wins the junior division. You have no son.

When they all fly off to fight Majin Buu nobody even thinks about inviting you to come and help

Nobody ever thinks about you

omg im dying, this is amazing

rtcn63

They probably made Gohan resemble Yamcha to remind him every day that he's powerless and going die alone. I mean, Vegeta took his woman and had a kid with her, and Goku's boy is his spitting image, but don't call him daddy. I wouldn't be surprised if in a future DBZ film, they straight up say he's both sterile and dying of testicular cancer.

NeonZ

He scored some wins in the tourney arcs in DB, he usually got to the quarter finals, he literally lost God in one.

He scored wins against nobodies that didn't even have names. And does it even count as a win if his battles are all off screen or just a single panel?

Phatmac

Maybe it's just me, but it seems as if all the Yamcha jokes started after Dragon Ball Abridged. No one even cared before, either you liked him, or you didnt even remember him.
I think the internet has been making fun of him before. Also Gintama has been making fun of him for a long time before abridged.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom