• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yoshinori Ono Tweets New Deep Down Images

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Did we ever get confirmation if Ono was saying this was running at 60fps or was he just talking about PS4 in general?

LCfiner

lighting is nice but the stone wall and floor textures look really low res… I hope they get improved - they’re everywhere.

tipoo

Banned
That first picture, it reminds me of a game from the 90s I can't remember, on the cover there was some guy holding a shaft with two balls of light at opposite ends, facing towards the user though. It came on a 5.25 inch floppy. Any ideas? Sorry for the derail, the picture just reminds me of that a lot.

Looks like a PS3 game at the moment. I could imagine people drooling over this 3 or 4 years ago but for a PS4 game it doesn't look impressive.

Parapraxis

This looks okay, will wait for more images/footage before I get too worked up about it.
Certainly not about to throw out any words like phenomenal, amazing, stunning etc.

velociraptor

I'm impressed with the lighting and fire effects.

The textures look really poor however.

Still, I'm interested to see how this game shapes up. I love co-op games and this could very well be the Borderlands of the RPG world.

guek

Banned
Still looks absolutely NOTHING like the original teaser.

Not impressed at all.

ibjxCz37mFXzrX.gif

ibp2LYnmQJjEkC.gif

Would have been amazing.

Instead...
;_;

JoeFenix

jq21Kh2ILSwRM.bmp

Lost Planet 2 looks better on my PC. That's pretty sad considering what the reveal trailer looked like.

I admit I've been fooled, that footage was obviously real-time but they clearly aren't interested in making that game. I don't think anything from that footage was unrealistic but this is obviously a fairly low budget affair.

Regardless of graphics though I'm still curious to see how it actually plays, we'll see but it's not looking too hot right now.

velociraptor

Still looks absolutely NOTHING like the original teaser.

Not impressed at all.
Temper your expectations. The original trailer will likely never be matched this generation. But as long as I see a generational leap from Demon Souls/Dark Souls/Dragon's Dogma (which were all pretty good looking titles in their own right), I'll be happy.

Cels

if you're going to fluff out a bullfootage trailer, you're just gonna have to reap what you sow when it comes to first impressions of the actual game.

honestly, anyone who isn't blind can look at the initial reveal trailer and lhen look at the subsequent footage/screens: it's clearly a downgrade.

however they have time to work up to the level of quality of that initial trailer.

orioto

Good Art™
Temper your expectations. The original trailer will likely never be matched this generation. But as long as I see a generational leap from Demon Souls/Dark Souls/Dragon's Dogma (which were all pretty good looking titles in their own right), I'll be happy.

Oh it will, and if this game turns out like it seems for now, it will be an embarrassing memory of the generation beginning.

ibjxCz37mFXzrX.gif

ibp2LYnmQJjEkC.gif

Would have been amazing.

Instead...

;_;

Wow, I didn't realize how good it looked before. It's been awhile since I've seen that trailer... Yeah, now I'm all bummed out.

I hope they do something about this. This game really looks promising.

Zomba13

if you're going to fluff out a bullfootage trailer, you're just gonna have to reap what you sow when it comes to first impressions of the actual game.

Yup. Still looks good (though not fantastically amazing and jaw-dropping like the teaser) and the concept itself seems super fun and interesting but a definite downgrade from the teaser and even though it's many many months away I highly doubt it'll look as good as the teaser.

So we're really judging the quality of offscreen screenshots.

Really?

Well even so the difference in quality is quite huge and easy to see.

velociraptor

Oh it will, and if this game turns out like it seems for now, it will be an embarrassing memory of the generation beginning.
It looks too good to be true. But yes, you're right. When is Deep Down scheduled to release again? 2014? They've got time to improve it's visuals.

Sorry, but anybody with more than one console generation's of experience knew exactly what the Deep Down trailer would mean in real gameplay terms - and to be honest, all I wanted was Dark Souls 2 with better lighting and textures. I can't read any of these "disappointing" comments seriously, because many of us took it as given that we would see precisely how it would play out. Maybe in four years time the level of detail will be there, but for launch year, this looks pretty good to me.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick

I think that trailer will be matched eventually but only late on in the gen in a PS4 exclusive from ND, SSM, or one of the other graphics king teams.

Instro

Wow, I didn't realize how good it looked before. It's been awhile since I've seen that trailer... Yeah, now I'm all bummed out.

I hope they do something about this. This game really looks promising.

Tiny little gifs always look great.

I wonder though if this was even a game in development at first. Like did they make the trailer and were attempting to shop the idea around to Sony as an exclusive before development was actually underway. The textures in particular in some of those screens look pretty bad.

Momentary

Banned
It bothers me when people who say people have high standards when it comes to the matter of companies showing initial trailers like Deep Down and then saying, "Yeah man that's running on PS4 (j/k it's 2 Titans) and it's going to look just like that later on."

How do you think people are going to react when they get a game that's being developed and was shown a trailer that was real time just to have this handed to them instead? Please man. Get the hell out of here with that.

So we're really judging the quality of offscreen screenshots.

Really?

Never mind the trailers we've already seen that look nothing like what was originally shown.

Seriously, companies need to put TECH DEMO in front of shit that looks nothing like what will eventually be released.

Top Bottom