• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yoshinori Ono Tweets New Deep Down Images

jhendrix

Banned
They should not have shown that target render video. I'm sure the game, when all is said and done, will look great. I just don't like the bait and switch the Capcops pulled on us.

Yep I certainly would not be as harsh on this game if that target render wasn't released and sold to us as some type of actual gameplay.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Actually I see a number of cases of aliasing which implies a non-1080p resolution. Either that or I have a hard time knowing why those edges would look like that in a downscaled image!

Here:
capture1fqo9y.png

capture22wuqcl.png

capture333ixp7v.png

I can only hope that I am wrong and those are artifacts from a crappy PPAA.
Looking at the screens and recent footage, it sounds like Capcom was having trouble getting all the features up and running in the quality they wanted and exchanged exclusivity for Sony's help to get things up to snuff.

So far I've facepalmed anytime someone mentioned 'looks like current gen' when talking about X1/PS4 games.

In this case - looks like current gen. I'm sure those screens are far from representative, in which case, they were better left unshared.

Can you show me these current gen games?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

nib95

Banned
Those shots have major compression on them. Grabs from a video I assume? Still, looking good, though obviously downgraded.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Ground textures look absolutely atrocious...what happened Ono?
PS4 simply isn't capable of texture resolution that the PS3 could achieve. Clearly that's the explanation.

Seriously, why do some of you guys ask questions like this of games that are still heavily in development and many months from release? The complete contradiction of wanting to see work in progress yet not being able to account for why some aspects are *shock* incomplete is a ridiculous affectation of too many gamers.

PS4 simply isn't capable of texture resolution that the PS3 could achieve. Clearly that's the explanation.

Seriously, why do some of you guys ask questions like this of games that are still heavily in development and many months from release? The complete contradiction of wanting to see work in progress yet not being able to account for why some aspects are *shock* incomplete is a ridiculous affectation of too many gamers.
I'm not used to games regressing visually from when their original form is shown.

Blinck

Looks very far from what they first showed at the PS4 announcement. It was too good to be true :(

Still, the game seems cool!

I would say they looked good if it wasn't for the initial reveal cinematic. Hard not to compare at this point though.

It's the same problem I have with Watchdogs (visually).

dezzy8

I don't understand how people are saying that is game looks bad. It looks freaking amazing. If they can get this running at 60 FPS then is be impressed.

StevieP

Banned
I'm not used to games regressing visually from when their original form is shown.

If you play on consoles, you should be used to this by now. For generations. Deep down isn't going to be the only one that's going to be a noticeable step down from what was initially shown - on either console. Hell even gta 5 looks much much worse than those PC trailers Rockstar put out. Such is a fact of life. Compromises are the very nature of a fixed platform.

Btw - I think this game is going to be 720p.

nib95

Banned
Ground textures look absolutely atrocious...what happened Ono?

I'm highly confident those will be sorted out before launch. Almost feels like devs enjoy trolling people these days. Release early unfinished screens and videos, and progressively putting out better stuff and getting people to gobble up crow.

If you play on consoles, you should be used to this by now. For generations. Deep down isn't going to be the only one that's going to be a noticeable step down from what was initially shown - on either console. Hell even gta 5 looks much much worse than those PC trailers Rockstar put out. Such is a fact of life. Compromises are the very nature of a fixed platform.

I'll disagree there on the bolded, GTA V looks absolutely incredible to me.

Anyway, besides the point. I agree I've seen games look worse when they actually release, but not to this magnitude. As an example, Halo 3 looked worse than the initial trailer, but dayum the downgrade wasn't this huge.

Sulik2

Hopefully its just the picture quality of the photos, but the visual fidelity looks significantly less than the initial teaser trailer.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
"Original form" was a target. Some degree of visual regression isn't that uncommon from those. Besides, you're hand-wringing over lack of texture resolution that can easily be explained by the heavy amount of motion blur in these shots.

Violater

Massive downgrade, not really surprised as I was never overly convinced by the Feb reveal.
The game's premise so far does not grab me either.
I think the only genuine interest I had in the game so far was hoping it would be similar to the souls series.

jhendrix

Banned

I think a step down is different then showing obvious CG target renders and trying to pass it off as gameplay. I just don't think their is any excuse for that and don't think we should become apathetic to it.

I think a step down is different then showing obvious CG target renders and trying to pass it off as gameplay. I just don't think their is any excuse for that and don't think we should become apathetic to it.

To be honest, in those screens it does kind of look the same game, just on low settings rather than ultra settings. To be honest, I never expected the game to look like the trailer as those visuals were >>>>>>anything on PC as well really.

Everything about this should appeal to me, but I'm weaty after being very disappointed with Dragon's Dogma. Will definately need to see more before my confidence in Capcom returns.

Radec

pqmGAWF.jpg

Best shot of a next-gen game so far. This might as well have been Demon's Souls 2. Just switch the dragon with Vanguard or something and we're set!

That actually look really awful and I would believe if someone told me that's a PS3 multiplatform game.

I mean look at the ground.. the sand.. the texture.

KKRT00

I didn't know Panta Rhei(lol) was using SVOGI, that's interesting.

It doesnt.

===
Game looks good on those shots, but they do not even stand next to February showing. Its downgraded in every department and quite significantly - geometry, textures, effects, particles, shadows,You name it.

Just look at geometry in the "same" fight in February reveal, its not even comparable.
More shots on gamersyde: http://www.gamersyde.com/news_deep_down_trailer-13824_en.html

It doesnt.

===
Game looks good on those shots, but they do not even stand next to February showing. Its downgraded in every department and quite significantly - geometry, textures, effects, particles, shadows,You name it.

Just look at geometry in the "same" fight in February reveal, its not even comparable.

More shots on gamersyde: http://www.gamersyde.com/news_deep_down_trailer-13824_en.html
That short trailer was not a playable demo. It was more of a cutscene. This one is playable though + it is work in progress. You can expect to see improvement once the development progresses. I mean they haven't even announced a release date yet and people are assuming this will be the final version of the game -_-

watchdog

Definitely not wowing me like the reveal trailer did. But like a lot of others are saying, it's still early in development with plenty of time for refinement.

PureGone

Banned
The game looks amazing, stop complaining about nothing guys.

This is a Japanese developer, when was the last time a non exclusive Japanese developer made a really good looking game.

AlphaK

I'm not buying this piece of shit due to the crappy ground textures.

Day 1. The Soul's games aren't technically impressive either, but i still think this looks pretty good. It probably will look better in motion.

Everything looks good except for the blurry floor and walls. I am sure they will take care of that before launching it. Well here is hoping at least.

KKRT00

That short trailer was not a playable demo. It was more of a cutscene. This one is playable though + it is work in progress. You can expect to see improvement once the development progresses. I mean they haven't even announced a release date yet and people are assuming this will be the final version of the game -_-

So what that this is work in progress? Difference is too big to even end up close to february reveal. And it was Capcom that claimed that game will look like that.
Game looks nothing like tech demo and we can call Capcom on that.

Definitely looks downgraded but I am hoping it will match the original footage once we get near the release. Isn't Sony ninja's helping them with tech stuff? That would be really helpful and get this polished up nicely.

Top Bottom