• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

You can now become Intellectual Property Enforcement Coordinator for Nintendo

jooey

The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down
813230.gif

Davey Cakes

With Nintendo stepping into the mobile space, I'm not surprised. App Store rip offs and whatnot.

I wouldn't want shit like Zelda Jump devaluing the IP either.

That said. I think going after quality (and free) fan games is iffy for me. Some of it promotes Nintendo's brand, if anything.

exfatal

Guys im going to apply.. in order to fight "the man", we need a guy on the inside right? And with a heavy heart i'm willing to accept this dastardly position for what i hope at least pays well. We'll take down nintendo together!

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
I can see lots of crazy Nintendo fans on GAF applying for this.

I might apply and I'm not that big of a Nintendo fan these days.

If the pay is good..its whatever. I live on the east coast tho so it would involve a lil relocating.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Do Intellectual Property Enforcement Coordinators have a Region Lock? There might be 3 places up for grabs if so!!

you say this like they won't hire some old dude who has never played a video game before.

"yeah, yeah I love the pikamon!"
The people who work in either building here are fans, lapsed or not. If someone isn't a fan, then they'd have to knock it out of the fucking park to get the job.

Kid Ying

I want to apply, but there is a five years doing snitching requirement and although i certainly did that i have no means to prove.

Alienous

They have to maintain the sanctity of Nintendo IP, otherwise they could end up with interesting fan-games and maybe even fan-game developers being hired and making games for Nintendo.

They gave you Super Mario Maker, what more do you want!?

Come on they still make games

Not many games that fans are actually clamoring for. At least Konami hasn't been directly attacking fans like Nintendo has been.

This feels like petty revenge on fans for this gen and last. If they actually go through with taking down more non-profit fangames and works using IPEC, I want to see this scheme bite them in the ass.

MisterHero

Intellectual property can include info about NX.

When I buy NX it will be a certificate for NX. I still won't know what it is.

Zubz

Banned
So apparently the previous team didn't do enough for them? Or are they getting a new team and doubling down on being overly-defensive old codgers?

Top Bottom