• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Young girl cusses out fucking idiot from InfoWars - "You're a fucking idiot"

farmerboy

you call them cunts behind a keyboard, she tells them to fuck off to their faces. you're a hypocrite and a coward.

Sorry it's taken a while, but I wanted to give this one a considered response that I haven't had time to yet.

Straight up, you're right on the hypocritical part but I'm no coward - that's why I'm responding.

"cunts" is such lazy language and hypocritical on my part. I think Info Wars is all kind of wrong, but just calling them cunts is as bad as the girl calling him a "fucking idiot". It's just lazy, and I fell into the trap too. They are misogynistic, racist, disingenuous and straight out lying "truthers". I'd happily call them that to their faces and explain why. And it'd be very, VERY hard doing it without resorting to a big fat "fuck you".

You see, I'm not above what that girl did, but from my distance, and without the emotion of the day, I look at that small exchange and realise/think it is not how you go forward.

If you think it's a good starting point, then fair enough. But our thinking has got to be bigger than that. You feed off your hatred off Info Wars and their fans feed off their hatred of this video. It never ends.

For the record, I don't think this girl is hard left, but I do think the hard left will feed off this. I don't think the girl done anything amazing or heroic. I don't think venerating her behaviour is especially a sign of strength. I don't think the hard right are people you should even engage, you won't change them.

But I do think we can do better. However, as another poster pointed out, maybe I'm just overthinking this and projecting.

Sorry it's taken a while, but I wanted to give this one a considered response that I haven't had time to yet.

Straight up, you're right on the hypocritical part but I'm no coward - that's why I'm responding.

"cunts" is such lazy language and hypocritical on my part. I think Info Wars is all kind of wrong, but just calling them cunts is as bad as the girl calling him a "fucking idiot". It's just lazy, and I fell into the trap too. They are misogynistic, racist, disingenuous and straight out lying "truthers". I'd happily call them that to their faces and explain why. And it'd be very, VERY hard doing it without resorting to a big fat "fuck you".

You see, I'm not above what that girl did, but from my distance, and without the emotion of the day, I look at that small exchange and realise/think it is not how you go forward.

If you think it's a good starting point, then fair enough. But our thinking has got to be bigger than that. You feed off your hatred off Info Wars and their fans feed off their hatred of this video. It never ends.

For the record, I don't think this girl is hard left, but I do think the hard left will feed off this. I don't think the girl done anything amazing or heroic. I don't think venerating her behaviour is especially a sign of strength. I don't think the hard right are people you should even engage, you won't change them.

But I do think we can do better. However, as another poster pointed out, maybe I'm just overthinking this and projecting.

buyf0mj.gif

StoneFox

The "reporter" dresses like he's 10 and peaks his mic like an amateur let's player. Just a pile of cringe on top of calling a girl a man.

Whatever they are paying this guy, it's too much.

If some random kid called me a fucking idiot for no reason at all, I would be taken aback but forget about it the next day.

This guy is being a gigantic baby about this.

L Thammy

Giving you the benefit of the doubt against my better judgment and assuming you're just horribly horribly confused, farmerboy:

No one on god's green earth assumes that this girl has dealt the alt right a crippling blow. No one thinks that the way you deal with Alex Jones and other conspiracy theorist fake news sites is to insult them and then watch them collapse into blubbering messes.

But this was fun to see, and Info Wars ranges from idiotic on a good day to a danger to public safety on a bad day, so having someone from that site get told off is cathartic. Watching him desperately try to pain himself as the winner of this little exchange is cathartic. It's nice to see them take a clear loss, even if it's a minor one.

Plus, it's cool to see this girl stand up for herself and oppose Info Wars. She isn't expected to produce a checklist of Info Wars' bullshit, refuse it, and state her sources when some random asshole shoves a microphone in her face. She was put on the spot and did well.

farmerboy

Giving you the benefit of the doubt against my better judgment and assuming you're just horribly horribly confused, farmerboy

Not horribly confused mate, just talking things out and probably going further with this than anybody else wanted to. But thanks for at least being polite I guess ;-)

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Moral of the story: Do not engage tweens that come at you hard. Take it in stride and absolutely do not create a post report on your interaction.

N21

Did the reporter really think that he would be met with positivity by the way he acted? If so, he's mighty delusional.

ItIsOkBro

If he said young man, then you're a fucking idiot is the appropriate response.

HOWEVER

If he said young ma'am like he suggests, then you're a fucking idiot is still the appropriate response because fuck infowars.

Nokterian

That girl is going places, throwing the middle finger at it. Infowars is a cancer in a media stream that people really believe and they should be called out for all there bullshit.

kyoya

In my opinion this girl didn't call the guy a fucking idiot because he addressed her as "Young man", or "Young ma'am" or whatever.

In the first few tenths of the first second she clearly saw the InfoWars logo on his microphone and was responding to it. Kudos to her, she knows her media outlets.

YaBish

In my opinion this girl didn't call the guy a fucking idiot because he addressed her as "Young man", or "Young ma'am" or whatever.

In the first few tenths of the first second she clearly saw the InfoWars logo on his microphone and was responding to it. Kudos to her, she knows her media outlets.
That's kinda what I think happened too, though I'm sure that calling her a young man didn't help.

@Pearl-clutching GAF: I really hope you don't send your kids to elementary or middle school, so their ears can be saved from these nasty, nasty words that they certainly would learn there.

I'm sure he was going for some "LOL GENDER DOESN'T MATTER YOU MAD BRO?" sort of segment.

Also, people have a problem with calling a guy from 9/11 Was An Inside Job Infowars a fucking idiot?

Oriel

WTF is it about GAF always having a contrarian view on just about every matter? You would think calling IW cunts is something every sane individual would express approval of!

FStubbs

I'm sure he was going for some "LOL GENDER DOESN'T MATTER YOU MAD BRO?" sort of segment.

Also, people have a problem with calling a guy from 9/11 Was An Inside Job Infowars a fucking idiot?

How is a Republican site pushing this? That would implicate Republicans.

I guess it's all part of the conspiracy. Infowars is disinformation.

What good is being on a high horse when you have to tie yourself in knots to get up there?
There’s nothing wrong with calling these people cunts. Especially to their face.

RinsFury

Good job by that girl. The youth need to be educated on the evils of the right and its propaganda outlets, I see no issue with this.

Of course he said "young man", you can tell by the full exchange he was being a dickhead and was trying to make fun of a young girl he's most probably intimidated by.

_Ryo_

The girl had the correct response. Anyone working for InfoWars is a fucking idiot and a cunt. There should be no problem whatsoever in feeling the need to call out assholes as assholes.

2. The belief that adolescents should not hear/use foul language will always be incredibly ridiculous to me. They're going to hear it, and they're going to use it and guess what? It's not going to hurt them in anyway whatsoever as long as you also teach them the correct social context to use such words in.

3. farmerboy thinks that treating idiots, racists, sexists, and bigots in general with respect will somehow make it easier for them to someday learn to in turn respect those they hate. It won't. It's a misguided philosophy.

Top Bottom