• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zack & Wiki (Wii) coming to Wii U VC in Europe

Pandy

Im probably the only one but i hate this game and really cant understand all the people that (say they) like it
I partly agree.
It's a lovely game in many ways, but the puzzle/level design is awful. It's manageable to begin with, but I remember the later levels being such a chore to play that I simply gave up on it, which I rarely do with games like this.

HOT DIGGIDY DAMN!

I mean, I'm totally happy that I have the original disc here with me, but still, wow.
Haven't ever dreamed of this becoming an eShop title.

Wildean

None of Nintendo's new Xmas releases are really inspiring me, so might be a good time to check this out. Maybe Pandora's Tower too.

boiled goose

good with gravy
Great use of motion for puzzle solving. You really have to think outside the box

Beautiful graphics and lots if charm but most annoying side character ever.

Griss

The puzzles in this game were hard as balls. It's really, really enjoyable.

Would love to see a Zelda game with a few puzzles this clever and involved. They'd probably need to be optional, though, the typical Zelda fan would get upset and frustrated if main story access was hidden behind a puzzle like on of the harder ones from Zach and Wiki. I know I probably would.

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
These games were either rereleases (Okami, RE4) or won't take advantage of the Wii controller. Zack & Wiki was made exclusively for the console and it shows.

Solid graphics, charming characters, clever puzzles and setting to them, great sense of humor (sometimes I was looking for new ways to die), collectables and one of the most inventive and rewarding controlling schemes for the Wii remote ever. It had it all.

Somehow I was expecting Captain Toad to resemble this game.

I definitely agree with this, but I still dont think its on the level of the games I mentioned, and while RE4 and Okami were rereleased, the Wii-controls made them the ultimate versions imo, and thus worth mentioning. I think we can both agree that Zack and Wiki is amazing anyways though!

Is is possible to play the game with the Wii U pad or do I need a Wii remote?

You need a wiimote. If you dont want to do pointer controls and motions this game is not for you. Its a point and click puzzle game.

I would rebuy the shit outta this game if it came to NA. Please come to NA.

Mr-Joker

Banned
One of the first Wii games I brought and I loved it, though I do wish that you can move Zack using the Nunchuck as pointing to move is annoying especially during the ice tiger boss.

The game is also pretty unforgiving when you mess up.

maxcriden

We stopped around the Ice Key puzzle. How far in were we? We started the game over last night (disc version), 7+ years later.

Top Bottom