• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zelda Wii U - Recap of 5 hours gameplay stream

M3ZQWtb.gif

WHAT THE FUCK

Dreez

Damn I could see myself getting lost in this game like OoT.

If only I was an adolescent with all the time again q.q

Aldric

l hope that giant spaceship thing is the new City in the Sky and we see the glorious return of the Ooccas.

edit you've got to be fucking kidding me :mad:

Razmos

I really thought this was going to be a Twilight Princess sequel, the presence of the Korok's (looking exactly the same as in Wind Waker) is very interesting.

I just want to say, this is looking to be the absolute swan song to the entire Legend of Zelda series. I've never been more intrigued in an upcoming Zelda title than I am for Breath of the Wild, and I'm sure that's probably resonating in everyone who has loved this series as much as I have my entire life.

Graphically, I know it may not quite be up to the standard of what everyone seems to expect of current generation games, but this is everything I've ever wanted from a Zelda title. The sandbox for this game looks endless, and it has so many amazing elements from various other titles, all with their own Zelda twist and charm.

The wilderness survival aspect is amazing. From having to hunt and fish, to being able to actually cook with various ingredients and create endless concoctions, to having to dress appropriately for the environments that you find yourself in. It looks like clothing will play a much larger role in this Zelda title, which is something I've always wanted in the series. Is this the first Zelda title to feature ragdoll effects? I found myself in disbelief watching Link and his enemies tumbling down hills and mountainsides. It looks like breaking wild horses is also in, which is incredible. Being able to choose a horse that suits you is something I've wanted in Zelda since Red Dead Redemption, so this really excites me.

On that note I hope the wildlife is as incredible as what I remember in Red Dead Redemption. I see this game has deer, birds, insects, fish, etc. Maybe there will be more mounts than just horses in this game. How neat would it be to have a flying mount similar to Skyward Sword's loftwings?

I'm just such an absolute child again when imagining the possibility in this game. Thank you, Nintendo. From the bottom of my heart, thank you.

I love the fact that you can even kill the Butterflies and Lizards Skittering about. There's barely anything that doesn't have some form of interaction complex or simple.

Edit: Also Trailer Confirmed that we have to tame our own horse. That's insane.

Instro

Do we know how big is the world compared to other openworld games?

Judging from the details and comparisons out there, about the same size as XCX which itself is only smaller than Just Cause 2/3 iirc. So pretty much as big as it gets with these types of games, ignoring stuff like Fuel, No Man's Sky, Daggerfall, etc.

I don't get that complaint.
The game is already bigger than what CD Project Red did on ps4.
WTF are we expecting them to do with marginally more power than what we were shown this week?

Jesus, dude. IT'S NO COMPLAINT. I love Nintendo to death. SMG and SMG2 are my favorite games of last gen bar none.

It's just something I would like to see. Imagine, no tuned down textures, better IQ, more AI on the field. Just that. Just that.

Pseudo_Sam

Survives without air, food, or water
In that day/night cycle gif there's clearly a giant creature of some kind crawling up and down death mountain...

RagnarokX

Safe to assume this is related to windwaker in some way.

Not really. The Kokiri could have evolved into Koroks in any timeline.

Wind Waker is the least likely timeline for this to take place in because it would have to be between OoT and WW, and that's not likely since we know what happened between those two games. After WW wouldn't make sense because this is old Hyrule and that got completely destroyed and even if the Great Sea receded it wouldn't make sense for the Hylians to leave New Hyrule.

Considering the state of The Temple of Time, it would also have to be before Twilight Princess, and that doesn't make sense either because we know what Ganon was doing between OoT and TP.

The only timeline where this game makes sense is the Fallen Hero timeline. My guess is that this Link is actually the Hero of Time who was defeated by Ganon and was sealed in a chamber to recuperate by the sheikah. Zelda and the sages have been keeping Ganon sealed in Hyrule Castle for the 100 years since Link's defeat.

Not

Banned
The only timeline where this game makes sense is the Fallen Hero timeline. My guess is that this Link is actually the Hero of Time who was defeated by Ganon and was sealed in a chamber to recuperate by the sheikah. Zelda and the sages have been keeping Ganon sealed in Hyrule Castle for the 100 years since Link's defeat.

It would be insane to have the BS "fallen hero" timeline actually become a legit plot point in a game. Never thought we'd see the day.

I don't get the "barren" complaints either. I think there's a metric shit ton of things to do, they're just realistically spaced out.

The moment they said the new Zelda would be open world, I knew that there's no way they would be able to please a large portion of players. Some people just really don't like open world games.

The thing that makes this really work is the way your abilities interact with the environment. Having the power to play how you want is so important in a game like this.

Top Bottom