• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zero Escape 3 announced, Summer 2016. PR: 3DS and Vita

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought that
Dio was a clone of Left
?
Also
Aoi (Santa's) name in the 1st Nonary game (I think) was Light, which sounds like Right.... huh

You're thinking of Snake.
Snake = Light. Sounds similar to Right, and he is a Brother...hmmm...:p
A lot of fan theories go on about this distinction.

D-Man

I think he is
a left clone.
it would be really interesting if he had a completely different personality than Dio did in vlr. Anyway I am still super hyped.
That's what I'm honestly expecting. Uchikoshi did say that we would see
Left
but "not as we know him" which leads me to believe that he'll have a different personality compared to
Dio

It would also be a good way to keep the player on their toes, IMO.

grim-tales

You're thinking of Snake.
Snake = Light. Sounds similar to Right, and he is a Brother...hmmm...:p
A lot of fan theories go on about this distinction.

My bad :)
Snake = Light, sorry. Maybe someone related to Snake is Brother?
I dont know whether Snake/Left are related - Clover would have noticed something when Dio started talking about Left

Anybody got theories on the remaining characters?

Here's a breakdown of what we have so far:

N.1 - Bully handsome guy, possible Left Clone
N.2 - Relaxed dude, can be Junpei, but we don't know.
N.3 - ???
N.4 - ???
N.5 - ???
N.6 - Apathetic girl, there is a sliver of chance that she is Phi and underwent a radical haircut between ZTD and VLR. Honestly, I think that Uchikoshi barely remembers Nona...
N.7 - Cutey innocent girl, possibly Diana, definitely the girl on the artwork.
N.8 - ???
N.9 - Definitely Sigma...

Following the male-female pattern they used, I kinda expect them to show two more females and one male, then a surprise dog for last!
I expect the remaining male to be Santa, I seriously hope for it, but we already have a potential snarky dude.
The two girls, well. I don't know. After those two, we need a Lotus/Alice character. I'm not talking about big boobs, but the usual woman with a temper. Which can also be a woman in her forties, with glasses.

Seriously, half of the fun of the wait is making these theories...

Well personally I don't think we've seen
Phi or Junpei
yet. Also, I'm thinking the dog is going to be with another participant, so we still have 4 reveals left plus the dog.

Well personally I don't think we've seen
Phi or Junpei
yet. Also, I'm thinking the dog is going to be with another participant, so we still have 4 reveals left plus the dog.

(You should probably have played Ever17 and VLR before reading this)
At the end of the game you look in a mirror and BAM you've been playing as the dog the whole time without realizing it. Man, greeting the other participants by licking their face is really weird now that you think about it. Not to mention that half the time they just talked to you by saying "Who's a good boy?" when you solved puzzles.

At the end of the game you look in a mirror and BAM you've been playing as the dog the whole time without realizing it. Man, greeting the other participants by licking their face is really weird now that you think about it. Not to mention that half the time they just talked to you by saying "Who's a good boy?" when you solved puzzles.

LOL.

TRcdXusm.jpg

Fat Goron

Why the hell would anyone want even more returning characters?

Best thing about these games is getting to know the characters and slowly piece together how each fit in the grand scheme of things. Even when they are returning characters, it works much better when we have absolutely no idea they are returning characters.

We already know two slots are meant for Sigma and Phi, so each time I read people hoping for the artwork to be A or B, I wonder if they'd want this game to be something like "Hey guys!!! Here we are again, huh? Bad luck... let's go figure out these puzzles!".
(We really know nothing about Diana, so she might as well be a new character)

We can have as many returning characters as you want as long as they are NOT participants, and appear only in the later half of the game. Please let this game spend some time on a whole new cast.

BowieZ

Banned
Seriously that's the hottest male video game character I've ever seen, so much so that it seems scientifically crafted to be literally perfect male beauty.

Sorry, Sigma.

I look forward to the disappointingly goofy 3D rendering.

What exactly is Ever17 about, what platform is it on and can I play it in English?
I am really intruiged now thanks to what you said in the spoiler. That's some
Ghost Trick
level twist right there.

What exactly is Ever17 about, what platform is it on and can I play it in English?
I am really intruiged now thanks to what you said in the spoiler. That's some
Ghost Trick
level twist right there.

Ever17 is only on PC (and a xbox360 version if you dare play it in Japanese.)
Getting hold of a copy nowadays is pretty much impossible, unless you are willing to pay a lot of money for it. There are other shady means of course.
If it makes you feel any better, the company that developed the game went bankrupt many years ago.
It's definitely worth trying if you're a fan of ZE. Mind that it's pretty slow, especially the first few hours. But once it gets going, you're in for a rollercoaster.
And I suggest you try Remember11 as well. It is kinda cliffhangerish, but it's a wonderful VN that sucks you in from the start...

Videoneon

5 coming next

I also would like to see Snake return. Both the Field siblings get two chances to play.
i thought one of Uchikoshi's Q&A things from either VLR or 999 suggested that Snake would return in some form?

5 coming next

I also would like to see Snake return. Both the Field siblings get two chances to play.
i thought one of Uchikoshi's Q&A things from either VLR or 999 suggested that Snake would return in some form?

Yeah, he said something along the lines of "If enough people request him he could return" and that both Santa and Snakes whereabouts during ZTD and VLR would be revealed or something.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Clearly,
Seven
is behind everything and was playing everyone for fools

Just a thought:

Since Sigma is Participant 9, wouldn't it make sense for Phi to be Participant 8? They did pretty much crash the whole testing thing, so it would make sense for them to be listed as the final 2 participants.

I'm going off the assumption that Participant 6 is a new character (and I do believe she is).

Sorry if this was asked before, but for anyone that has pre-ordered from gamestop.com, how do you know if your preorder for ZTD comes with the watch? I've had a pre-order for the vita version for a while now, but I was wondering if there was any way to know whether or not I would be getting a watch with my order.

The only reason I ask is because I'm ordering from outside the US, so on top of paying more money after shipping and conversion rates, I won't be able to return it back in case it does arrive and there is no watch with the shipment.

Sorry if this was asked before, but for anyone that has pre-ordered from gamestop.com, how do you know if your preorder for ZTD comes with the watch? I've had a pre-order for the vita version for a while now, but I was wondering if there was any way to know whether or not I would be getting a watch with my order.

The only reason I ask is because I'm ordering from outside the US, so on top of paying more money after shipping and conversion rates, I won't be able to return it back in case it does arrive and there is no watch with the shipment.

Call Gamestop and ask them.

They sold all out of the watch editions in early August, if you ordered around or before then give em a ring and ask if your order included the watch or not.

So sorry for the thread bump, but I saw something on Reddit and wanted to post it here.

Someone decided to ask about Participant 6's identity, and got a reply from the big man himself.

He simply asks people to think who wore the number 6 bracelet in 999. Unfortunately, this may point to 6 being Akane, but there's still hope that Uchikoshi is hinting at something else, since Akane's real number wasn't 6.

No one was wearing a 6 bracelet, so is it a new character then?

Hylian7

So sorry for the thread bump, but I saw something on Reddit and wanted to post it here.

Someone decided to ask about Participant 6's identity, and got a reply from the big man himself.

He simply asks people to think who wore the number 6 bracelet in 999. Unfortunately, this may point to 6 being Akane, but there's still hope that Uchikoshi is hinting at something else, since Akane's real number wasn't 6.

You know, I dismissed it originally, but maybe he's being fairly straightforward here.

The following is technically a VLR spoiler:

FJPwQtS.png

Also, I think there's a good chance we see a new participant tomorrow. We saw one on Monday last week, and Tuesday the week before. Obviously we didn't get one on Sunday, so I think it's pretty likely we see one tomorrow, unless that means it wraps around to Friday. :(

Hrmmmm that would be interesting if it was who he says it is. But why go through the notions of saying "who wore the 6 bracelet" and just tell us yes/no?

Hrmmmm that would be interesting if it was who he says it is. But why go through the notions of saying "who wore the 6 bracelet" and just tell us yes/no?

I wonder if we're even going to know the actual names of these characters in the game or if they're going to simply be addressed as their participant numbers until BOOM! PLOT TWIST! I was Snake the whole time!

We may or may not know for sure if that's Akane fairly soon. Unless she goes by a different name this time. >_<

Hylian7

If I just play Virtue's Last Reward will I enjoy it? I dont want to buy a 3DS

A lot of moments in VLR that should have a huge impact will go completely over your head if you didn't play 999. Even if you don't want to get a 3DS, at the very least pick up just a DS Lite online or something. You should absolutely play 999 first.

You should play 999 first. This series is an experience.

Exactly. The Zero Escape games are the best of the best when it comes to visual novels. The main draw is the story, I don't understand why anyone would start with the second game and cheapen the experience. It's the equivalent of opening a book and starting to read it from the middle.

This series deserves to be enjoyed to its fullest.

Wazzy

Banned
Akane makes sense design wise(though I prefer her previous looks) but I feel like that's too obvious and way too revealing for him to say just like that.

If it is her I'm happy because then we might get more jumpei interactions!

Lusankya

Akane makes sense design wise(though I prefer her previous looks) but I feel like that's too obvious and way too revealing for him to say just like that.

If it is her I'm happy because then we might get more jumpei interactions!

Junpei didn't really sound like he met her on the test site.
It doesn't really make sense for her to be there anyways. I am pretty sure Uchikoshi is just messing with the questioner, and would be very disappointed if he wasn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom