• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Milo Yiannopoulos is Going on Real Time with Bill Maher

Status
Not open for further replies.

BADMAN

Can GAF hook me up with with a link to watch the show on YouTube completely? Last week I watched it that way thanks to GAF. Do help us please.

I believe that linking the full show on youtube would be against the sites policies. I'm sure if you searched around enough you could find what you're looking for.

Moonkid

I think what has really happened, the root of all of this sensitive shit ive been seeing everywhere, is now that Trump made it to be the president, there is ZERO confidence in the critical thinking of people to be able to trust folks to see crazy like this and think for themselves. People are now afraid at the mere thought of crazy appearing anywhere with an audience, because there is just no confidence in defense against it.
Is it a stretch to say that Trump wouldn't have made it to presidency if people used their critical thinking skills?

~Kinggi~

Banned
Is it a stretch to say that Trump wouldn't have made it to presidency if people used their critical thinking skills?

Well critical thinking has been subverted by brainwashing unfortunately, so it literally isnt an option for some which is why its scary now.

newjeruse

Why is Milo less legitimate than Ann Coulter? Maher has been giving her a pulpit for decades. I'm surprised you're all surprised. He has a soft-spot for provocateurs, no matter the persuasion.

Boke1879

Many have said it, but Maher already lost when he let this shit stain on the air. Not to mention he didn't do his fucking homework.

We know Milo is shit, but you continue to give him a platform. He doesn't give a fuck about being truthful or honest. And when Maher slightly agrees with him you normalize this shit.

Cake Boss

Banned
Bill Maher is as an old angry cunt who gets more mad at liberals now and tries to humanize assholes from the right to make it seem that he's fair.

Got

Banned
Why is Milo less legitimate than Ann Coulter? Maher has been giving her a pulpit for decades. I'm surprised you're all surprised. He has a soft-spot for provocateurs, no matter the persuasion.

she's a dirtbag cunt too and he shouldn't let her on his show either.

Ratrat

Look at how uninformed Bill Maher is, with no idea if that transgender being sex criminals statistic is true or not. *shrug*

milo_transphobia_bill_maher_by_digi_matrix-dazgak9.gif
As victims...

Again, he doesn't need to sound reasonable or make a good argument for normalisation to occur. When we refer to normalisation we don't mean people are going to necessarily agree with him or change their minds, but rather that those views are being presented as a legitimate difference of opinion. To us it may seem blatant, but for someone who's less versed on these issues it's going to seem reasonable especially considering Maher's response.
Well, its a given people have his opinion. Its not nearly as settled as something like marriage equality. And much like that, milo probably doesnt care and just wants to stir shit.

Moonkid

Well critical thinking has been subverted by brainwashing unfortunately, so it literally isnt an option for some which is why its scary now.
I think I need to get around to watching Hypernormalisation some time, should be an interesting watch on the topic with the benefit of hindsight too.

For new page, I'd only watch the overtime his 7 mins on the main show was pretty boring, just a lot of trolling and the two talking about far left liberalism and religion The overtime itself:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PUu6M8ThhM

Great seeing Larry on TV again. Larry went in hard on Milo, "You can go fuck yourself" at 4:50 in to Milo. A few more Fuck You's through out the rest of the overtime.

Milo definitely comes off as an idiot but charming and insanely self centered. My wife has never heard of him, when we sat to watch Overtime (she doesn't watch the main show) she thought he was loud, brash, stupid but charming and totally agreed with his thing at the beginning about not allowing trans women into college locker rooms.

I think he's gonna get a lot of fans from his appearance on the show. Way more people in America are anti trans than people on here probably wanna admit, and I think Milo has seized on that as a point to grow his exposure.

"Are you American? No? Fuck off!" was the best line of the night. Also interesting at the end he shook hands with the republican congressman and then just walked off to get unmic'd, no talk with the two guys who shit all over him.

Like most political appearances nowadays I suspect people who hate him will see this as him getting shit all over, and people who like him will see it as him destroying liberals.

Korigama

I personally think Milo caring about women and girls is laughable. But maybe some people will readily think otherwise.
Believing he cares would be a perfect demonstration of the sheer stupidity of anyone incapable of seeing him for the smarmy misogynist that he is.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Bill Maher is as an old angry cunt who gets more mad at liberals now and tries to humanize assholes from the right to make it seem that he's fair.

I mean you guys are going too extreme though in response to this, because no, Bill does not express more anger at liberals than he does at republicans. Just not a thing. But yeah, he has obviously been mad at libs too. But hell no, dude is still hardcore 'fuck repubs' every day.

D i Z

Look at how uninformed Bill Maher is, with no idea if that transgender being sex criminals statistic is true or not. *shrug*

milo_transphobia_bill_maher_by_digi_matrix-dazgak9.gif

And that's how they get em. When the shit that they throw out there isn't immediately disputed it settles as "there might be something to that". When it is challenged they just move that discussion over to another venue to see who they can rope in with it. Maher didn't have any reason to have this shit stain on the show other than headlines for his show.

For new page, I'd only watch the overtime his 7 mins on the main show was pretty boring, just a lot of trolling. The overtime itself:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PUu6M8ThhM

Great seeing Larry on TV again. Larry went in hard on Milo, "You can go fuck yourself" at 4:50 in to Milo. A few more Fuck You's through out the rest of the overtime.

Milo definitely comes off as an idiot but charming and insanely self centered. My wife has never heard of him, when we sat to watch Overtime (she doesn't watch the main show) she thought he was loud, brash, stupid but charming and totally agreed with his thing at the beginning about not allowing trans women into college locker rooms.

I think he's gonna get a lot of fans from his appearance on the show. Way more people in America are anti trans than people on here probably wanna admit, and I think Milo has seized on that as a point to grow his exposure.

"Are you American? No? Fuck off!" was the best line of the night. Also interesting at the end he shook hands with the republican congressman and then just walked off to get unmic'd, no talk with the two guys who shit all over him.

Like most political appearances nowadays I suspect people who hate him will see this as him getting shit all over, and people who like him will see it as him destroying liberals.

There's your answer Ratrat

Magus1234

It wouldn't be much of a show if it was a bunch of logical discussions on politics though, hence why it's a circus show like Fox and Bill just heads the clown car. I stopped supporting T.V 10 years ago, good riddance.

Got

Banned
No doubt, but he's been doing it forever.

I know, but his inability to think critically about it and introducing the next, worse version of Coulter is the issue here. Everyone knows Coulter is a vapid, hate-filled twat, but Milo is an unknown entity to many people and in many ways much more dangerous and Bill just had a hand in normalizing his brand of Nazi.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
This is what Milo does. He goes on media platforms that he can manipulate to his benefit and switches into kooky goofball clown mode. Then the uninitiated take a look, wonder what all the fuss was about and move on. And will be less likely to take anyone criticizing Milo seriously in the future.

When Larry stepped up and told Milo to go fuck himself, it was in direct response to Milo slipping in some of his genuinely misanthropic and self-hating bullshit that he projects onto other gay and transgender people. That was a tiny slice of the real Milo coming out, but he quickly backed away once he saw a couple of grown-ass men sitting across the table. (And resorted to defensive joking about Bill inviting a bunch of dumb-dumb meanies to the show.)

The entire sorry show demonstrated one of the flaws inherent in the idea of giving Milo a platform to fight him with "compelling arguments". Milo does not actually debate. He either runs over people rapid fire or he twirls his golden locks, wiggles, giggles, and puts on a facade of being impervious to absolutely anything someone says to him.

Kthulhu

Has Maher ever commented on the situation about trans people and public bathrooms before?

I literally gasped when he said it wasn't unreasonable to discriminate.

I don't believe so.

I am certainly surprised at this being his reaction to Milo. I guess I just assumed he'd fight him on this given his reactions to right wingers making statements like these in the past.

Mainstream outlets occasionally report on Maher's show, I'm very curious if/how they will cover him on this.

gnomed

Did Bill Maher really just compare Milo to Christopher Hitchens? Da fuck?

Maher has a hard-on for atheists especially ones who make it their crusade for Islamophobia. The phrase "don't feed the troll" could not be any clearer tonight as Yiannopoulos was asking for everyone to tell him to fuck off. It's a tragedy that someone as unpatriotic as Milo is taken seriously by American citizens.

The only takeaway from this is that Nance was on to something when he questions the possibility of Milo having some personality disorder himself.

I mean you guys are going too extreme though in response to this, because no, Bill does not express more anger at liberals than he does at republicans. Just not a thing. But yeah, he has obviously been mad at libs too. But hell no, dude is still hardcore 'fuck repubs' every day.

Dude said fuck all in response to the blatant transphobia of Milo, even called some of it reasonable...

Ascenion

Larry fucking roasted his pathetic douchey little ass. Fucking gold. Bless Bill Maher if only for allowing that overtime to happen.

Boke1879

Also, Maher has one of the most sophisticated audiences in TV. I trust his audience to use their BS meter.

The thing is. This isn't aimed at his audience. It's aimed at people who may not know Milo. Milo doesn't care about being honest. He'll spout his bullshit with a straight face and act "charming" at the same time.

This video will be shared on youtube, facebook, and twitter. What if someone who doesn't really know or study these issues takes everything Milo said as fact because Bill didn't do his homework and accepted some of the bullshit?

~Kinggi~

Banned
Dude said fuck all in response to the blatant transphobia of Milo, even called some of it reasonable...

I mean that wasnt the point of my post, ive already talked about that fuckup, im talking about this notion of 'fuck bill maher dude is a repub loving asshat' im suddenly seeing in this thread. Dont mistake him getting conned by a fuck like Milo for him suddenly going turncoat on liberals.

Got

Banned
The thing is. This isn't aimed at his audience. It's aimed at people who may not know Milo. Milo doesn't care about being honest. He'll spout his bullshit with a straight face and act "charming" at the same time.

This video will be shared on youtube, facebook, and twitter. What if someone who doesn't really know or study these issues takes everything Milo said as fact because Bill didn't do his homework and accepted some of the bullshit?

exactly. Milo got his win and soundbites to disseminate to the hateful fucks who support him and our shitbag "president"

~Kinggi~

Banned
So fucking embarrassing.

Someone needs to get on the phone to Bill pronto and tear him a new one.

And maybe he will accept some fucking criticism for once.

im all for that. He needs a good yelling at. He fucked up. Depressing night, cause i really like him usually, he is one of the stronger voices for the left we have right now in Trump times, last thing we need is this shit.

Got

Banned
They should give Bill a half hour. Remove his boring and unfunny Monologue and New Rules and just do the panel. Give John Oliver an hour. Or give John Oliver a 60 minutes type show too.

Torokil

Did Bill and Milo really become buddy buddy in this show? I could have seen it from a mile away. Milo is basically Ann Coulter and Rush wrapped in a gay British package.

newjeruse

I don't disagree. I just think it's unsurprising, given Maher's history. You kind of have to take the good with the bad.

newjeruse

They should give Bill a half hour. Remove his boring and unfunny Monologue and New Rules and just do the panel. Give John Oliver an hour. Or give John Oliver a 60 minutes type show too.
Why would you ever mess with Last Week Tonight's formula? It's like the most perfect show on TV.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom