• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sunset Overdrive: Dawn of the Rise of the Fallen Machines is out now!

Ape

Banned
Just in case you're on the fence for the game, Sunset Overdrive is $39.99 on the Xbox Store.

This is easily my favorite game of last year, so I'm pretty excited for this FINAL expansion. Unfortunately I can't find any reviews so we're going to rely on hands on impressions for right now.

DotRofFM is $9.99 or free with the Season Pass.

What are you waiting for!!

I am playing right now. Unsurprisingly its pretty damn bitchin', some funny/amusing references too. Ive got quite a few achievements left to get from the ones they've added too so plenty to keep me going.

Just a tip for anyone not wanting to be spoiled on awesome twists that happen in the DLC, don't watch the trailer.

I don't know why but all of Sunset Overdrive's trailers seem to be spoilerific, yet I always watch them anyway.

Just a tip for anyone not wanting to be spoiled on awesome twists that happen in the DLC, don't watch the trailer.

I don't know why but all of Sunset Overdrive's trailers seem to be spoilerific, yet I always watch them anyway.

The new trailer is really good, though!

Doukou

I think they added a new respawn animation and it is amazing.

You jump out of a drifting flying car, look and then Walter comes and steals your car.

Cool.

I haven't had the time to play anything recently, but I'll be sure to download this when I get the time.

Some estimates on play length would be appreciated.

It's a ridiculous time to be an Xbox One gamer this week...

Sunset dlc, Super Time Force update, Geo Wars 3 update, Fast & Furious, Lego sale, Pool Nation, Child of Light and Neverwinter.

It's too much!

Rosur

Any reviews? hinking about picking the season pass for this and the 1st story dlc (if this one is as big as the first).

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important

Sunset dlc, Super Time Force update, Geo Wars 3 update, Fast & Furious, Lego sale, Pool Nation, Child of Light and Neverwinter.

It's too much!

What's the gw3 update like?

Waiting for SO to hit €20/25 tops and I'm in (huuuge backlog can't justify more games atm)!

Hana-Bi

So, maybe I'm just dumb but I can't find the first diary entry in the side mission.

I looked everywhere but no luck...

QuarrelsomeIdealisticAustralianshelduck.gif

It's too much!

You forgot Stealth Inc 2 on Friday ;)

Gestault

even without the DLC, we added an easy 200 gamerscore achievement today as well as a big patch that fixed lots of things

http://www.insomniacgames.com/dawn-of-the-rise-of-the-fallen-machines-now-available/

Dude, these patches are seriously appreciated. Me and the significant other have auto log-in with the Kinect, and often play in the same room. We ran into tons of weirdness from having the secondary account active without even knowing it. For example, I played the main story mode with no enemy healthbars. And notching down the auto-record for game DVR is a very good thing.

someday

Banned
I rented this from Gamefly when I got my xbox one around Christmas. It was so friggen good I'm buying the game today with a seasons pass for the dlc. Honestly, best game I've played in a while!

Ape

Banned
I rented this from Gamefly when I got my xbox one around Christmas. It was so friggen good I'm buying the game today with a seasons pass for the dlc. Honestly, best game I've played in a while!

well, it's $60 for the game plus season pass, so it's like the season pass is free. can't go wrong with this game, it's amazing.

Ramenman

Just to say, guys, get the main game for 40$, it's awesome.

My personal GOTY of last year and simply the most enjoyable traversal ever in any open world game.
ONCE YOU GET THE AIR DASH

SURGEdude

Sadly this has been a quiet dlc, no one is really talking about it. Sucks causes this was an awesome game:(

Agreed. One of the better game last year and yet after a decent amount of hype it seemed to die on the vine. I had no clue it even got DLC though I guess I remember a season pass or something so I guess I blame MS for totally leaving it to die.

Ape

Banned
Agreed. One of the better game last year and yet after a decent amount of hype it seemed to die on the vine. I had no clue it even got DLC though I guess I remember a season pass or something so I guess I blame MS for totally leaving it to die.

Leaving it to die? MS has done several promotions including where you could play the game for free over an entire weekend. If you haven't been keeping up on it then that's on you.

I don't want to play the victim card, but every time anybody mentions Sunset Overdrive it seems like there's a whole ton of "what's up, fellow kids" type posts. This one's not on MS; they've done a lot to promote it, from free weekends to a billboard in Times Square.

Leaving it to die? MS has done several promotions including where you could play the game for free over an entire weekend. If you haven't been keeping up on it then that's on you.

One of the heavier marketed games last year too. It sadly failed to find an audience, not much can be done about that...

Caayn

Ultra update.

What did they add to Geo Wars?
From the marketplace description:
Geometry Wars 3: Dimensions and more: -Over 100 total levels including 40 all-new -Classic mode with reimagined versions of 6 levels from Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved and Retro Evolved 2 -15 3D grids including 5 all-new and 12 battle modes including Pacifism, King, Claustrophobia and 4 all-new modes -5 unique companion drones including Attack, Collector, Ram, Snipe and the all-new Sweep drone -New “Hardcore” mode for Geometry Wars purists with no drones or supers and a separate

Grisby

Nice. Just finished DL and will be starting it later after I beat Shantae.

I was a bit disappointed in the first dlc but I can't say no to more Sunset.

It's too much!
Hrrrrmmmmm?

RoKKeR

Will hop on the season pass next time it's discounted and restart my play through of the game. Need to get back into it.

a.wd

Aw man, I wanted to get some work done in the evening this week...le sigh, best current gen game for me by far on all platforms, I have season pass, will download!

Fee

How long is it? I beat the first DLC pretty quickly and have all the achievements.

The story portion is 2 hours at best. There is of course Chaos Squad, Challenges and collectables as well, but I'm not sure how many people are playing the game for those components.

Top Bottom