• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sunset Overdrive: Dawn of the Rise of the Fallen Machines is out now!

I finished it, I think its longer than the other DLC, I've also not got all the UFOs yet and I still have the challenges to do.

I thought it felt like it was missing a cutscene at the end but some parts of it are absolutely awesome!
B-Win boss lololol

Toppot

Finished the DLC. Pretty much the same standard as the first DLC, fairly meh new weapons, inconsequential story and a bit short, but enjoyable as always, especially the end boss ^_^

Fuchsdh

I'm a sucker for Office Space references :)

DLC was fun, short and sweet. Enjoyed it much more than I'd thought, considering I thought the Fizzco bots were the weakest enemy class.

Is the season pass worth the 20 bucks?

Honestly? If you like Sunset Overdrive then I would say it is. You get a weapons pack, and DLCs with more story missions (and a few quests) a couple of new areas, the story missions themselves imo are well done and the same level of awesomeness of the rest of the game, they are not 5-10 hours chunks of extra content, the firs 1 can be all done in about 2/3? (Its been a while) the second one seems longer and I've still not finished all the challenges and collected the UFOs

Its $20 though, I feel like I definitely got my moneys worth from it, the boss at the end of the second DLC is a whole new level of awesome and funny.

Doukou

I finished it, I think its longer than the other DLC, I've also not got all the UFOs yet and I still have the challenges to do.

I thought it felt like it was missing a cutscene at the end but some parts of it are absolutely awesome!
B-Win boss lololol

Love the boss.
I bought the collectible map yet nothing appeared, I also haven't seen a single UFO. Anyone else have this problem.

Also the energy ball challenges are tough

Bessy67

The first one took me like an hour to get a gold on, the second one I did in a few goes.

I couldn't connect to anyone to play some Chaos Squad when I tried :(
I probably won't be able to play much until this weekend, but I'd definitely be down for playing some DotRotFM Chaos Squad then. My GT is the same as my name here. I don't have the achievement for the Mooil Rig Chaos Squad either.

Doukou

The first one took me like an hour to get a gold on, the second one I did in a few goes.

I couldn't connect to anyone to play some Chaos Squad when I tried :(

Same with the energy ball challenges, that first one was rough those fucking stairs were wild. Took me about a hour and 20 mins so you got me there.

Also I can't get a squad going either and I searched multiple times, my Nat is moderate also.

I need to re-download the entire game, so I'm going to do that overnight. Hopefully it'll be ready by mid-afternoon tomorrow so that I can download and play this DLC.

I love SO.

SlickVic

Hope the new clothing customization options are decent. Since the ones from Chaos Squad are too difficult to unlock for me, would appreciate some more variety with this.

I got the white xbox with this game and i haven't even set it up yet i just been using the OG xbox one so far but i think i'll get back into it with the few DLC that ive missed

derFeef

Sad I never cared too much about after-endgame content and DLC. It was a bit too much grind to get all the weapons, and probably the new ones too :(
Also not too fond of some of the challenges and chaos squad, but luckily the main campaign and sidequests are pretty great too and it kept me going

Heh.

p3tran

Banned
so I decided and brought back my "myself" player instead of dat sexy girl I had.
feels good 8)

Screenshot-Original.png

really enjoying this

e90Mark

Only game I've bought the season pass for this generation,
sans CE Destiny

It's definitely worth it. Anyone know if this automatically downloads if you have the season pass or do I have to queue it up?

Ape

Banned
Finished it. Thought Mooil Rig was actually better. The hamster ball part wasn't great and there were a lot of "go here do this, now go here and do this!" missions that seemed to be a way to extend the expansion. With that said, SO is just so much fun to play because of its wonderful gameplay that I can't really complain.

The boss was definitely... creative.

dedhead54

I think it is time I download this and the first DLC and get back in to SO. I had so much fun playing it when it came out, definitely was worth buying my Xbone for.

$20 still seems too pricey for the season pass. Once there's a drop I'll jump in. Far more interested in additional story bits and new areas than weapon packs.

p3tran

Banned
$20 still seems too pricey for the season pass. Once there's a drop I'll jump in. Far more interested in additional story bits and new areas than weapon packs.

not really pricey at all if you like the game?

I mean, two different areas each with their own challenges and missions, which are added to your quickplay menu.
let alone the story bits and weapons you say

plus, best boss eva!

Ive had the game itself (not multiplayer) crash twice before I could get my achievements for Chaos Squad, I've also had some problems finding a game where it loads up then immediately disconnects :(

not really pricey at all if you like the game?
I think the game is bloody fantastic. Probably the best thing on the Xbox.

But still, I heard the first DLC could be 100% cleared really quickly. Does this new one pack in more meat and potatoes SO action?

Ape

Banned

But still, I heard the first DLC could be 100% cleared really quickly. Does this new one pack in more meat and potatoes SO action?

Worth the $20 bucks to me. However I can understand your hesitation on purchasing it at full price based on time to beat complaints on here.

p3tran

Banned

if by "cleared" you mean like how fast you can finish the sequence of story missions, sure, its not that ..grindy.
but as i wrote above, you get new areas for your playground, some tougher opponents, and more stuff like new challenges and missions which after you play are available in the quick menu.

example, I've been trying for 20 minutes to beat a freakin' friend on a time challenge where you only run through .... 10 hoops.
I really prefer choice of what to play than having to play each mission in a variant x10 so that it artificially <<takes longer>>

thats why I said, if you like the game, price of admission not a problem
:)

It's a ridiculous time to be an Xbox One gamer this week...

Sunset dlc, Super Time Force update, Geo Wars 3 update, Fast & Furious, Lego sale, Pool Nation, Child of Light and Neverwinter.

It's too much!

You must be mistaken. The XB1 is all shooters and sports, bro.

thats why I said, if you like the game, price of admission not a problem
:)
I get ya. Will ponder, though to be honest I'm kinda Bloodborned, Helldived and Nazi Zombie Army'd right now anyhow.

Its inevitable that I pick up all the SO DLC to show my love, its only a matter of when.

p3tran

Banned
I get ya. Will ponder, though to be honest I'm kinda Bloodborned, Helldived and Nazi Zombie Army'd right now anyhow.

Its inevitable that I pick up all the SO DLC to show my love, its only a matter of when.

yeah, I know. I think I'm starting bloodborne after I get my fix on sunset dlc and new cod dlc.
I have the disc here looking at me since last week.
I dont think sunset new dlc is getting a sale in the next 80-100 hours that you'll be playing bloodborne though, and definitely its worth the 10$, instantly, no matter what

My favorite part of the DLC so far:

http://xboxclips.com/Loch+Doun/78652616-92dd-43a8-a7b2-3855a5873d94

I love this game.
hehe, if "so far", wait for it! :D

Man I really wish this game had a new game + mode in it. It's hard to replay the earlier parts without having airdash. Anyways, I'm really excited to get that cardboard box armor in this dlc lol.

Once again the dlc was on the short side and I didn't really care much for the fizzco robots story. But I enjoyed it, I liked the setting of moors oil rig moor:)P)

But once again insomniac knocks it outta the park with the final boss.
I'm sorry for not watching sunset tv Brandon:(
Sad this is the last piece of dlc, I really hope we get a sequel as I really love this game. The world was fun, the weapons crazy, some of the best traversal mechanics ever and I really loved my main character how they were just having fun and going along with everything.

Top Bottom