• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sunset Overdrive: Dawn of the Rise of the Fallen Machines is out now!

Lynn616

https://xboxdvr.com/
top right, put your tag and search.
you can even link directly

Thanks.

Screenshot-Original.png

Jrs3000

I beat it today too. That battle was priceless. After beating the final boss and you have choices is there a sperate achievement for each one or just one period no matter the choice? I've did the top and bottom choices, anything special for doing the middle 2?

Lynn616

I beat it today too. That battle was priceless. After beating the final boss and you have choices is there a sperate achievement for each one or just one period no matter the choice? I've did the top and bottom choices, anything special for doing the middle 2?

You get different headwear for each.

SlickVic

Man I really wish this game had a new game + mode in it. It's hard to replay the earlier parts without having airdash. Anyways, I'm really excited to get that cardboard box armor in this dlc lol.

It's not New Game +, but I'm guessing in mission replay you can replay the older missions with all your current abilities including air dash?

TheDanger

Banned
Is there a season pass? if so will I get all the single player story dlc when I buy it now? also is it even cheaper this way? I only want the story dlc.

Is there a season pass? if so will I get all the single player story dlc when I buy it now? also is it even cheaper this way? I only want the story dlc.
Season pass is $20, and it comes with the two story DLCs, a weapon pack, and some extra clothes I think. The Story DLCs each cost $10, so you might as well just get the season pass and get the bonus stuff.

blakep267

I may have to rent the game then get the dlc. I already bought it and beat it months ago before trading it in. I'm suprised the price is still relatively high for it. Other stuff from the fall is like $20 by now

MajorTom

I'm thinking of buying an Xbox one in the next few weeks. One of the games I'm thinking of getting is SO. I love the Ratchet games, is the humour in this similar? And also, does the game run well?

Scanna

I'm thinking of buying an Xbox one in the next few weeks. One of the games I'm thinking of getting is SO. I love the Ratchet games, is the humour in this similar? And also, does the game run well?

Never played a Ratchet game, so I can't answer you on the first question, but regarding the second one the answer is yes. Flawless I must say, except for the most intense moments of Chaos Squad (which are incredibly chaotic, tbf)

Game runs very well. Not had any frame-rate issues ive noticed even when the screen gets very busy, its a good achievement really.

Humour wise ive only R&C ToD, QfB and maybe ACiT but it seems like a more adult version of that.

Definitely get the game, its great.

MajorTom

Game runs very well. Not had any frame-rate issues ive noticed even when the screen gets very busy, its a good achievement really.

Humour wise ive only R&C ToD, QfB and maybe ACiT but it seems like a more adult version of that.

Definitely get the game, its great.

Never played a Ratchet game, so I can't answer you on the first question, but regarding the second one the answer is yes. Flawless I must say, except for the most intense moments of Chaos Squad (which are incredibly chaotic, tbf)
Thanks guys! I'll definitely pick it up when I get my Xbox :)

Grisby

Heads up. There's a glitch or something where you basically all of the collectable ufo are already in your inventory. I was playing the whole dlc wondering why I didn't see any, or why none would show up on my map after I bought it. I guess the glitch just gives them to you.
Runs really well considering the shit that happens on screen. There are some slowdowns, mostly in the more crowded part of the city, near the end of the game.

Dat final boss!! Really fun, both DLC's were great, I know sales haven't been as good as they hoped but here is hoping more Sunset is in our future.

statham

Just completed it, I liked the first DLC better but this was still damn good, and a nice send-off. Hope SO2 isn't too far off.

goldenpp72

Just completed it, I liked the first DLC better but this was still damn good, and a nice send-off. Hope SO2 isn't too far off.

Did the game really sell enough to justify a sequel? I kind of imagined a sequel if it happens will be done on both consoles since it seemed like this one didn't sell great.

Did the game really sell enough to justify a sequel? I kind of imagined a sequel if it happens will be done on both consoles since it seemed like this one didn't sell great.

Well, that probably depends on whether MS was to fund it. Of which we can't know for sure, I hope they do though.

statham

If multiplat is the only way to get a second one, then so be it. But Microsoft did send out that survey with the question
7. What would you prefer the developers to make:
A sequel to Sunset Overdrive
A different game to Sunset Overdrive, but in the same world
A completely different game
, so I'm hopeful.

blakep267

I mean Ms was going ahead with a sequel to Ryse and that didn't really set the world on fire either. So I dont see why they wouldn't greenlight a sequel.

Wasn't it rumoured they had a 2 game deal with Insomniac? That would make sense with the above, obviously it depends if things have changed but Im in for whatever Insomniac do next anyway, great studio and SO was great too.

I mean Ms was going ahead with a sequel to Ryse and that didn't really set the world on fire either. So I dont see why they wouldn't greenlight a sequel.

Not critically, but Ryse did well for a launch title was at almost 500k in US retail alone by the end of December 2013, game would have done over 1m.

Bessy67

I just finished it last night. I definitely enjoyed it, but it was pretty short and the new area felt a little sparse compared to other areas of the game. The new weapons are great though, and I loved the final boss. I just wish I had more cash saved up to buy the robot costume.

so am I an asshole if I wait for the season pass to go on sale

I love the game, but it seems like pretty much everyone says that both DLCs are a little on the short side

Really enjoying this DLC... I love the new area and the ramped up difficulty...

I really hope I'm wrong but I doubt we will see a sequel... I don't think this caught on like MS hoped... I'm still seeing day one copies at my local shops...

It felt like this DLC ended pretty as it was getting going. Felt a little cashed in... Kind of disappointed... Also I can't seem to find any randoms to play chaos squad with =(

so am I an asshole if I wait for the season pass to go on sale

I love the game, but it seems like pretty much everyone says that both DLCs are a little on the short side

Nope - I have the game and only got pass the intro, saw the season pass on sale about 2 weeks ago? Bought that shit with the quickness. son Just holding out till I finish some of the backlog games before I hop back into.

Top Bottom