• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

15th Anniversary of Gran Turismo Europe: Invite to GT6, [Make A New Thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perkel

Banned
To be 100% accurate, El Capitan is not to be seen in GTPSP intro.

There were Grand Canyon, Citta di Aria, Opera Paris, Seoul, Seattle, Apricot, Chamonix Original, Midfield, Costa Amalfi, Cathedral Rocks... CRYING THE TEARS OF DESPERATION™ Here is the intro video.

BUT.

El Capitan was shown in the GRAN TURISMO 5 Red Bull TGS 2010 trailer one month prior to game release, with all other content we actually got in GT5 - besides aforementioned El Capitan. Where did it go in the meantime? What about Pikes Peak Red Bull was mentioning officially as being in GT5 only one month after the release?

Also, there was also a New York version in HD that never went into release (rumour was because of the copyright issues with buildings?):

BTW GT PSP Japanese commercial was legendary >> Click and Cry:

Corvette vs. Countach

That was PSP el captain. If you look carefully this track has shit textures and GT4 geometry

Also, there was also a New York version in HD that never went into release (rumour was because of the copyright issues with buildings?):

Pretty much ALL the GT4 tracks were put into their GT5 promo material making machine as seen in the GTPSP material.

They released New York on PSP without copyright issues, that looks like the same track to me, but using the higher resolution textures of GT4's version.

http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2004/screen0/561066_20040924_screen472.jpg

I think the sad news is that they'll just drop them instead of recreating them.

The only good news about dropping standard models is that people wouldn´t be able to shit up "Stree car nurb" lobbies with their full aero ZZ II or R390 Road Version cars.

I just hate people when they are pretending to be sim players, when they are taking care of a lobby saying "no, no race cars here" and them using a fully tuned ZZ II withracing slicks as their interpretation of a Street car race.

\rant

The only good news about dropping standard models is that people wouldn´t be able to shit up "Stree car nurb" lobbies with their full aero ZZ II or R390 Road Version cars.

I just hate people when they are pretending to be sim players, when they are taking care of a lobby saying "no, no race cars here" and them using a fully tuned ZZ II withracing slicks as their interpretation of a Street car race.

\rant

Best online race i ever had in GT5 was me in a R390 Road Version against max tuned Blitz Dunlop ER34 Skyline (both of us on Sports Hard's). I get your point, and agree, but the R390 "Road Version" is a car that should definitely NOT be eliminated from the roster.

The real problem with those lobbies is allowing racing tires. Sport Hard's really level the playing field against people with high HP & Aero "street cars"... turns out those people don't know how to handle the power without slicks, and its actually very rewarding to topple them in lesser cars.

Super Soft Tires/ Racing slicks are a blight on the GT franchise. So many people just play the entire game with those tires and miss out on 90% of what makes the GT games great. High aero super grippy cars.. GT does not do great. Regular ass cars with normal tires... the best.

"The game is so easy!" Yeah, no shit, when you have fucking racing slicks on your fully tuned Skyline against stock cars.

Best online race i ever had in GT5 was me in a R390 Road Version against max tuned Blitz Dunlop ER34 Skyline (both of us on Sports Hard's). I get your point, and agree, but the R390 "Road Version" is a car that should definitely NOT be eliminated from the roster.

The real problem with those lobbies is allowing racing tires. Sport Hard's really level the playing field against people with high HP & Aero "street cars"... turns out those people don't know how to handle the power without slicks, and its actually very rewarding to topple them in lesser cars.

You´re 100% right, i don´t want to lose a lot of great cars like this very R390.

It´s all about how the kids set up their lobbies, and unfortunately, when i look for lobbies that have more than 10 people on it, it usually means street cars + aero package + racing slicks.

I was a racing soft guy myself when i was younger, but more and more i believe the game should be played the right way.

The physics system does not adapt to the changes in parts. The low aero effects of the street cars makes them snap and loose at high speeds, but the racing tires kind of bounce them back giving an unrealistic effect on handling.

Even if you put racing slicks on a regular car, it would not behave like that because of the chassis and suspension, even if those are tuned, it wouldn´t behave like a race car. Full blown conversions like the TC cars is a different thing, but racing slicks magically fixing any car is just too Need for Speed to be in this game.

Also, tuning is broken and i say this having spent hours in previous titls setting up cars. All these tunes avaliable on GTP and other places are just fancy stuff to make your car more confortable. Very few things matter when tuning for GT5, and this is probable due to limitations on their physics engine.

Tuning had a great effect in lap times in games like GT1 and GT2, but of course it was bare bones and had exploits. Now it looks like the entire suspension setup is useless, and few things really make a difference.

Bringing back something i said in the regular GT5 thread, that helps making the shuffle races so fun. You play the cars the best way the game can simulate, without any BS.

I remember GT5 being a dual-layer disc. So with all this talk about better sound effects and more premium cars. I wonder if this could be the first two-disc blu-ray release.

Surely they will reach the size limit at some point.

That ZR1 pic was just a bullshot for GT PSP, you can tell by the buildings it wasn't intended for GT5. Here's a huge ass version of that pic.

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2526/3775861226_42b8dea9b8_o.jpg

Some more:

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2560/3775861832_7b94035cea_o.jpg
http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2672/3775306999_cd842ebf30_o.jpg
http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2595/3775054119_522ed008be_o.jpg

I remember GT5 being a dual-layer disc. So with all this talk about better sound effects and more premium cars. I wonder if this could be the first two-disc blu-ray release.

Surely they will reach the size limit at some point.

I don't think it is dual layer, I just looked up the ISO for Academy Edition and it's 16GB. Regular 2010 GT5 is 13GB.

Emwitus

It was bound to happen.
I hope they remodel the caterham 7 to premium though, it would be sorely missed...
grandvalleyspeedway5d.jpg

gt5caterham2vrsv.gif

Indeed

Super Soft Tires/ Racing slicks are a blight on the GT franchise. So many people just play the entire game with those tires and miss out on 90% of what makes the GT games great. High aero super grippy cars.. GT does not do great. Regular ass cars with normal tires... the best.

"The game is so easy!" Yeah, no shit, when you have fucking racing slicks on your fully tuned Skyline against stock cars.

This makes some average drivers look like aces because they are using the racing slicks but not the other "features" implied with racing cars, like no ASM, no TCS, no ABS, tire and fuel wear...

It´s that old thing, GT can be both a sim or an arcade game, depends on what you make of it.

Mascot

To be 100% accurate, El Capitan is not to be seen in GTPSP intro.

There were Grand Canyon, Citta di Aria, Opera Paris, Seoul, Seattle, Apricot, Chamonix Original, Midfield, Costa Amalfi, Cathedral Rocks... CRYING THE TEARS OF DESPERATION™ Here is the intro video.

Jesus. What a fucking racket. I'll never complain about any music in any intro movie ever again.

Oh man, this is THE ONLY thing on my mind right now.

Are we expecting trailers, new info, screens..etc or is it just an announcement?

They haven't said specifically what they're announce (although we know what it is), but i'd expect all of that. It should be a fairly big blowout since the game is due later this year. Of course they'll hold some some stuff back for all the upcoming gaming events, but they can still show quite a bit at this event.

That ZR1 pic was just a bullshot for GT PSP, you can tell by the buildings it wasn't intended for GT5. Here's a huge ass version of that pic.

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2526/3775861226_42b8dea9b8_o.jpg

Some more:

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2560/3775861832_7b94035cea_o.jpg
http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2672/3775306999_cd842ebf30_o.jpg
http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2595/3775054119_522ed008be_o.jpg

I don't think it is dual layer, I just looked up the ISO for Academy Edition and it's 16GB. Regular 2010 GT5 is 13GB.

That is much smaller than I expected! Then I am surprised that GT5 never was on PSN.

saladine1

They haven't said specifically what they're announce (although we know what it is), but i'd expect all of that. It should be a fairly big blowout since the game is due later this year. Of course they'll hold some some stuff back for all the upcoming gaming events, but they can still show quite a bit at this event.

It would've been great to see a livestream of the event. Wonder why they didn't allow it to happen?

So Jordan's going to live blog it instead?
Is there a link?

Mush

It would've been great to see a livestream of the event. Wonder why they didn't allow it to happen?

Is there a link?
I'm sure someone will have the foresight to set up a thread closer to the time of the event.

Is there a link?

No link right now. Jordan and the PSblog will be live blogging it. There will probably be other gaming sites and auto blogs doing it as well.

We're one day away and they've managed to prevent any media leaks from happening. That's rare for a Sony game.

ruttyboy

No link right now. Jordan and the PSblog will be live blogging it. There will probably be other gaming sites and auto blogs doing it as well.

We're one day away and they've managed to prevent any media leaks from happening. That's rare for a Sony game.

Was thinking that on the way into work, Sony used to be as leaky as the Titantic, but they're watertight recently...

Mascot

Just one day until Disappointment DayTM, I'm so tense!

Quick predictions from my ass:

• PS3 only
  • No plans for PS4 version
  • 400 cars, all premiums, all with cockpits
  • 20 new cars
  • No Porsches
  • Standard cars removed
  • All previous GT tracks included
  • 3 new tracks (inc Bathurst)
  • All tracks have day/night cycles
  • 1/3 tracks have precipitation
  • Substantially updated game engine, solid 60fps/v-synch
  • All-new menu structure
  • 5 new photomode locations
  • 60fps replays
  • All-new audio, better engine sounds
  • Revamped upgrade/tuning system
  • Improved, deeper, more powerful track creator
  • 27 different serif typefaces used in the menus, including seven different angles of italics

Believe.

ruttyboy

• PS3 only
  • No plans for PS4 version
  • 400 cars, all premiums, all with cockpits
  • 20 new cars
  • No Porsches
  • Standard cars removed
  • All previous GT tracks included
  • 3 new tracks (inc Bathurst)
  • All tracks have day/night cycles
  • 1/3 tracks have precipitation
  • Substantially updated game engine, solid 60fps/v-synch
  • All-new menu structure
  • 5 new photomode locations
  • 60fps replays
  • All-new audio, better engine sounds
  • Revamped upgrade/tuning system
  • Improved, deeper, more powerful track creator
  • 27 different serif typefaces used in the menus, including seven different angles of italics

Believe.

The bolded is obviously a good step forward for the franchise, but what do you think about the chances of jazz, bossa nova, latin and samba all being included in the menus. If they don't confirm either way, I'm done with this shitty game!

amar212

Believe.

LIE. PD uses only non-serif fonts.

Helvetica was their choice in last decade and now they're moving towards more modern and less contemporary.

I call your list a fake.

BTW I'd like to see a menu created as you propose :)))

Mascot

The bolded is obviously a good step forward for the franchise, but what do you think about the chances of jazz, bossa nova, latin and samba all being included in the menus. If they don't confirm either way, I'm done with this shitty game!

I didn't dare go near the music. You're a braver man than me, sir.

RazorEdge

Banned
I just have to say:
It still blows my mind that my small hometown is a photo location in GT5!! :-D (I know the probable reason, but still...)

Mascot

LIE. PD uses only non-serif fonts.

Helvetica was their choice in last decade and now they're moving towards more modern and less contemporary.

I call your list a fake.

BTW I'd like to see a menu created as you propose :)))

Sans-serif is soooo current gen. All next-gen consoles will have Times New Roman as their defaults.

Where's that image of some (Japanese I think?) game with about thirty different fonts in use on just ONE menu screen?

Just one day until Disappointment DayTM, I'm so tense!

I don't believe PD disappoints.. they're like the hardest working developers in the world.

You best bite your tongue in shame. I don't even want to try predict anything... GT5 was such a 180 from what I thought it would be. I predict graphics will be stunning though :)

ruttyboy

I don't believe PD disappoints.. they're like the hardest working developers in the world.

You best bite your tongue in shame. I don't even want to try predict anything... GT5 was such a 180 from what I thought it would be. I predict graphics will be stunning though :)

The disappointment only stems from us all expecting too much because we respect them so and in our minds they are capable of anything, entirely our own fault :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom