• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

15th Anniversary of Gran Turismo Europe: Invite to GT6, [Make A New Thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

tranciful

But there are dedicated rally and dedicated NASCAR games that do it all better, and far more comprehensively. What's the point of half-assing them in GT5 when there are other core parts of the game that could have benefited from the resources? It's like drag racing in Forza: half-assed and pointless because of it.

..because people still enjoy it? I occasionally race GT5 NASCAR/WRC/Kart, but I wouldn't buy a dedicated game. It's nice having everything in one game because I like a little of everything.

I don't understand how people can complain about the NASCAR, Rally, etc. They aren't as fleshed out as a dedicated game would be, but still -- what other single racing game has even close to the amount of content as GT5? I didn't think I would have, but I've had a lot of fun racing NASCAR online in GT5. I like that I can race on snow/dirt. I can't think of another game that even comes close to having this much content and variety -- no other racing game is so complete. Could they be better? Sure, and I hope they're improved. But c'mon.

They end up diluting other parts of the game by over implementing very generic features.

Just like when Kaz said he didn't want to half-ass damage, but instead he half-assed on several driving disciplines.

If there's one thing I'd love GT to steal from Forza, it's the calendar.

Having a race calendar guide me where to go next was brilliant. It stopped the "paralysis of choice" and gave a goal and direction to proceedings. It helped that it was tied in nicely to the achievement system too.

Having a race calendar guide me where to go next was brilliant. It stopped the "paralysis of choice" and gave a goal and direction to proceedings. It helped that it was tied in nicely to the achievement system too.

No thanks, though I'd like a more... vibrant choice of races in GT.

ruttyboy

And yea, why does no one know when this event goes down?

It's an all day event so the people invited who are likely to say publically probably won't know the itinerary until they arrive at Silverstone tomorrow. We'll just have to be patient, but we're GT fans so we should be good at that.

Said it before, will say it again. GT6 carrier mode needs to be like TOCA Race Driver. I'd like to feel as though i'm progressing through a racing career instead of just grinding to make enough credits to buy new vehicles.

sTeLioSco

Banned
Quick, look at the source code.

just that gt6 is a product

gt6j.jpg

Dibbz

GT5's career mode was atrocious. That shit needs some serious overhaul.

This is true. Overtaking from the back of the pack in 3-5 laps has it place in special events but the core career should be real races with qualification, practice etc with 10+ laps per race.

I have no faith in a new A Spec. GAF online league day one though.

The_Monk

Please don't kill me fellow GAFfers but I would love a Rewind Option. I drive with all Assists OFF, no ABS, Steering and Damage set to Simulation all the time but with the Rewind option it helps me becomes a better driver in racing games without too much frustration. Mastering a corner, learning when to brake, etc is much more easy if you can re-do the last corner after your 7th lap without going from 1st place to last.

That's is what I wanted the most, it should be optional to turn on and off just like all the others Simulation options, and you should get more XP/Money/Credits if you don't use it. It's great to drive with everything OFF I just wanted rewind On for helping me in cornering.

*runs*

Niks

My predictions

Ps3 only
350+ cars
Premiums only
8 all new tracks
All classic GT tracks
Point to point courses
Improved track creator
10 new photo locations
New paint chip system
October release date

GT7 coming along nicely for PS4
Wont take as long to develop as gt5
Demo being worked on for launch window (ala gthd)

Please don't kill me fellow GAFfers but I would love a Rewind Option. I drive with all Assists OFF, no ABS, Steering and Damage set to Simulation all the time but with the Rewind option it helps me becomes a better driver in racing games without too much frustration. Mastering a corner, learning when to brake, etc is much more easy if you can re-do the last corner after your 7th lap without going from 1st place to last.

That's is what I wanted the most, it should be optional to turn on and off just like all the others Simulation options, and you should get more XP/Money/Credits if you don't use it. It's great to drive with everything OFF I just wanted rewind On for helping me in cornering.

*runs*

I agree. I sometimes use the rewind in Forza. You can always turn this stuff off, so people shouldn't be annoyed by its inclusion. As long as you can set "no rewind" in custom online race lobbies, etc.

I have tried switching the number to GTPSV, GTVITA, GT5V and GTV with no luck.

NO Vita version as a product. :/

Unless it has an entirely new name.

PSP version is GTPSP.

No GT7P either.

The_Monk

I agree. I sometimes use the rewind in Forza. You can always turn this stuff off, so people shouldn't be annoyed by its inclusion. As long as you can set "no rewind" in custom online race lobbies, etc.

Indeed. Optional is key and they should reward those who do not use it but it's the only option I really wanted. Regarding the other options I put them all OFF in Forza games.

I really want a better career mode too. Aside of these two things I'm good to go on Day one PS3 or PS4 and I really hope something also appears for the Vita.

Emwitus

GT5's career mode was atrocious. That shit needs some serious overhaul.

all they need to do is expand special events. The best thing coming out GT5 and no one mentions it much.

*runs*

Teh F! Keep that shit in other racers...

I made my predictions a long time ago but I can't find the post lol.

Anyway, they were pretty similar to all the new predictions we're getting now :p

I've never understood the whole "Don't have rewind because it's unrealistic!".

Yeah, because hitting a wall at 200mph and driving away like nothing happened is totally realisitc *Eye roll*

The_Monk

Teh F! Keep that shit in other racers...

I will never understand this. I've played everything racing related from GT, Forza, NFS, Dirt etc. I'm a main PS3 user. I still don't get how one optional setting gets so negatives responses.

Do you have your ABS assists On or OFF? it's optional, does that hurt you fellow GAFfer? I really don't get it. It's an option that IF you turn OFF you will get more XP/Credits. The true Sim driver wins and the others not so hardcore/professional drivers wins too. Nobody lose so it makes no sense this reactions for me...

ruttyboy

I will never understand this. I've played everything racing related from GT, Forza, NFS, Dirt etc. I'm a main PS3 user. I still don't get how one optional setting gets so negatives responses.

Do you have your ABS assists On or OFF? it's optional, does that hurt you fellow GAFfer? I really don't get it. It's an option that IF you turn OFF you will get more XP/Credits. The true Sim driver wins and the others not so hardcore/professional drivers wins too. Nobody lose so it makes no sense this reactions for me...

A combination of insecurity surrounding pride in their ability at the game (and mistakenly linking it to real world skill/credibility) and fear that it's the first step to a casual direction for the series.

Mascot

FM4's World Tour career mode was a great idea, with the game suggesting events for you based on your current car. What wasn't so great however was the totally borked 'adaptive AI' in this mode that was supposed to dynamically adjust to your skill level. It was totally broken and set to perma-easy. And it was never fucking patched. Made the whole mode a total waste of time.

A working version of this in GT6 would be a big improvement over the current 'career' (I use the term loosely) in GT5.

Emwitus

It just doesn't work in a sim racer. I'm sure this has been argued to death but it's the same sentiments people have against standard cars. Why do people complain when you could ignore the standards and just race premiums? The fact that the option of rewind is in the game is a cheat..going through the nurb knowing others are using the option to practice and you're not is a cheat. It would basically make things like special events irrelevant imo....

It's obviously a circular argument, but imo, getting rewind in GT will make it less of a sim than it already is. I honestly hate it.

I wouldn't have a problem with rewind being enabled in free run and practice. But i am against it in any competitive (money winning) races.

I've never understood the whole "Don't have rewind because it's unrealistic!".

Yeah, because hitting a wall at 200mph and driving away like nothing happened is totally realisitc *Eye roll*

The point is that eventually, with enough powerful hardware, that will no longer be a thing.

It's a limitation of system specs that prevents full realism, while something like rewinding is an implemented feature that gets further away from reality.

I don't mind it as an option for those who want it. Makes everyone happy.

Rewind is not the same as driving aids. It literally erases a mistake you already did.

Normal driving aids simply helps you to not make those mistakes. You rely on rewind and you never get good at it, cause there's no consequence.

Then you go online and you ruin everyone else's race.

My predictions

Ps3 only
350+ cars
Premiums only
8 all new tracks
All classic GT tracks
Point to point courses
Improved track creator
10 new photo locations
New paint chip system
October release date

GT7 coming along nicely for PS4
Wont take as long to develop as gt5
Demo being worked on for launch window (ala gthd)

I like the way that you predict.

I don't even like Gran Turismo, but this is kind of exciting, if just for the reason that I want to see where Sony is going with 6. PS3 only or cross-gen? Want to see what happens.

Emwitus

How do you feel about the Skid Recovery Force option in GT5?

They are not even remotely the same thing. What next? How i feel about other driving aids like abs? Rewind is just a non-sim option..it's just really awful to the type of genre GT is. We might disagree on it being optional, but just having it in the game cheapens the whole experience. And yes, it is a matter of pride too.

The_Monk

Rewind is not the same as driving aids. It literally erases a mistake you already did.

Normal driving aids simply helps you to not make those mistakes. You rely on rewind and you never get good at it, cause there's no consequence.

Then you go online and you ruin everyone else's race.

That's where I disagree. with you fellow GAFfer. If you read my earlier post it works the other way around to me.

By using (not abusing) the rewind option it makes me a better driver, it helps me regarding cornering (braking too soon or too late). I use it to improve my skills at driving. It works as a learning tool. I find this like auto-braking much worse than rewinding because that is the game playing for you but with rewind I can improve my mistake and next time I won't use it. Later on I will get better and then, will stop using it because I mastered corning (which is my main difficulty).

EDIT: I always race clean when playing online. Always. GT or Forza is does not matter.

Emwitus

But it's not a real thing. It's an aid that doesn't exist in real life.

So you have no problem with that. But hate rewind? Okay.

But in real life we have aides don't we not? Abs, even power stearing and the lot are all assists....things like automatic gear are all assists. Rewind will never be anything remotely close to real life!
How do you not see those are not the same thing!

The fact that the option of rewind is in the game is a cheat..going through the nurb knowing others are using the option to practice and you're not is a cheat.

Whu.. The game encourages you to practice short sections of tracks already in licence mode and special events.

They are not even remotely the same thing. What next? How i feel about other driving aids like abs? Rewind is just a non-sim option..it's just really awful to the type of genre GT is. We might disagree on it being optional, but just having it in the game cheapens the whole experience. And yes, it is a matter of pride too.

How about self repairing damage?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom