• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2 Men Use Girl as Human Shield, Father Guns Them Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrankyJay

Banned
This is some Steven Seagal level shit.

A St. Louis couple is likely thankful to have guns in their home after they were forced to use them to defend their daughter against two men Monday night.

The men, one of whom had an extensive rap sheet, confronted the couples’ 17 year-old daughter after she stepped outside of the house to go to her car, reports the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.

Cortez McClinton, 33, and Terrell Johnson, 31, held a gun to the girl’s head and used her as a shield as they entered the family home, where a five-year old child was also present.

The girl’s father and mother witnessed the abduction, and both retrieved their guns. When McClinton and Johnson entered, the father fired several shots, hitting both men. The girl’s mother fired one shot but missed.

More: http://news.yahoo.com/two-men-girl-human-shield-until-her-father-040007545.html

Video: http://fox2now.com/2014/06/10/exclu...ho-allegedly-put-a-gun-to-his-daughters-head/

Father actually feels bad about shooting the suspects:

He also said he was sorry for what the families of the two suspects are going through, but he says he had no choice.

“My condolences goes out to all the families involved. I don’t know him. I wish it hadn’t happened. So like I said, to the moms, fathers, all the other people involved, I apologize,” he said.

St. Louis Post Dispatch Article: http://m.stltoday.com/news/local/cr...cle_29109617-bc56-534f-82e6-d36ccba40c38.html

A husband and wife armed with guns were able to stave off an apparent home invasion Monday night, police said.
One man was killed and a second taken to a hospital in the incident, which happened about 11 p.m. in the 4600 block of Newport Avenue.
Police say a 17-year-old girl who lived at the home was outside retrieving something from her car when she was approached by two masked and armed men who forced her into her house, using her as a shield.
The teen’s father, 34, saw the men walking up with his daughter, got his firearm and fired several shots at them, striking both of the men as they entered his home. The teen’s mother, 34, also retrieved a gun and fired once at the men but did not hit either, police said.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Jesus christ it takes some balls to fire at someone that is holding your daughter as a human shield

Halcyon

original.jpg

KHarvey16

Pop quiz, hotshot.

Also, one burglar died and the other was charged with numerous offenses including murder. The yahoo article is just lifted from The Blaze so it's terrible...the linked St. Louis Post-Dispatch article is much better.

Nephtis

I don't like guns personally, but I am glad they were able to save her daughter. Going over the "what ifs" is useless -- we should just be thankful that no innocent people were hurt. The guy feeling bad about shooting the suspects gets respect points from me too.

CrankyJay

Banned
Pop quiz, hotshot.

Also, one burglar died and the other was charged with numerous offenses including murder. The yahoo article is just lifted from The Blaze so it's terrible...the linked St. Louis Post-Dispatch article is much better.

Link me and I'll throw it into the OP...

The Yahoo! one was the one in my news feed.

velociraptor

This is why I believe rational home owners should be allowed to keep firearms at home.

Sadly I live in a pathetic island called the UK. Criminals appear to have more rights in this country.

lednerg

A St. Louis couple is likely thankful to have guns in their home after they were forced to use them to defend their daughter against two men Monday night.

The fuck?

EDIT: nevermind, it's from The Blaze.

DarkKyo

Finally a reasonable story about guns being used for the right purpose.. glad all the good guys made it out okay.

Funny how the father who was directly affected by all this manages to behave a lot more reasonable than you

It's normal to feel sorry for someone's family but I fully accept my position and won't apologize for thinking not every human being's life is equally important.

If you can catch an aggressor alive without taking any risk, good. If not, too bad and show no mercy.

CrankyJay

Banned
Moreso because the Yahoo story OP linked to is a snippet from the Daily Caller (and they shoutout to The Blaze.) The language is very leading.

For evenness I linked the St. Louis Post Dispatch in the OP and the information is pretty much identical...so you're basically shitting on the info for no good reason.

I don't like guns personally, but I am glad they were able to save her daughter. Going over the "what ifs" is useless -- we should just be thankful that no innocent people were hurt. The guy feeling bad about shooting the suspects gets respect points from me too.

He even feels bad for the family of the guy he killed. I wonder if paternal instincts kicked in and gave the dad some crazy focus during the ordeal. That or probably just a skilled shot. Mom, on the other hand, shooting wildly and hitting the neighbor's window though.

KPJZKC

Great idea! Family are very lucky things turned out the way they did. As is their neighbour, that missed shot went into a neighbours house - thanks mom!

For evenness I linked the St. Louis Post Dispatch in the OP and the information is pretty much identical...so you're basically shitting on the info for no good reason.

Saying they're 'armed with guns' right from the jump still seems a bit odd to me. They were able to stave off a home invasion. Why is the how so important that it needs to be highlighted so, other than to draw additional attention to the story?

CrankyJay

Banned
Saying they're 'armed with guns' right from the jump still seems a bit odd to me. They were able to stave off a home invasion. Why is the how so important that it needs to be highlighted so, other than to draw additional attention to the story?

The St. Louis Post Dispatch said that...not Yahoo! via The Blaze...so what you're saying is you don't like the mention of guns in any of these articles.

Didn't read past the first post, but if there's no references to Speed I'll be extremely disappointed.

Glad the dad had a steady hand. Mom missing must mess up the daughter more than dad. That must've been an awkward dinner conversation.

The St. Louis Post Dispatch said that...not Yahoo! via The Blaze...so what you're saying is you don't like the mention of guns in any of these articles.

It's probably not the way I would've started the piece. You can't not mention it. The criminals were shot, after all. And it wasn't by a magic bullet that appeared from nowhere. But to lean on the gun angle really feels like a small bit of sensationalizing, if not subtle editorializing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom