• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2 Men Use Girl as Human Shield, Father Guns Them Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vyroxis

Banned
The criminal who lived getting charged for second degree murder is weird too

The survivor is responsible for the others death by law.

Also, props to the father for apologizing to the families. I'm not sure I would have that kind of thought after a situation like that.

Photo of father and daughter

4.jpg

This is why I believe rational home owners should be allowed to keep firearms at home.

Sadly I live in a pathetic island called the UK. Criminals appear to have more rights in this country.

Whoa, is this like spotting where's Waldo in relation to European thoughts on gun control?

Yay for gun crime, you get to use guns against guns, for justice! Imagine how boring it would've been if gun crime rates were lower and this incident didn't even happen.

Derp1na

Banned
This is why I believe rational home owners should be allowed to keep firearms at home.

Sadly I live in a pathetic island called the UK. Criminals appear to have more rights in this country.

Wow, one of the few Brits who think we actually need guns. You do realise we have one of the lowest intentional homicide rates in the world right?

It would be extremely unlikely for a criminal to have a gun, even a career criminal. They're pretty much only used in organised crime against rival gangs.

Good for them! I support responsible gun owners defending their loved ones and property from a clear threat.

However, Stand Your Ground laws are still bullshit, there's a need for sensible gun control laws in this country, and I find most of the gun fetishists in this country to be creepy and disturbed.

psylah

As well as this turned out, I don't think that it overshadows the multiple accidental shootings and / or killings of friends and family members that happen constantly.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Have you participated in any of the previous gun threads here on GAF? lol
I try not to, I do read most of them though.

so if on GAF there are people who would equate the sighting of a responsible gun owner to that of a unicorn, what is the point of showing them the unicorn? I mean, it's not like they're going to be more reasonable after the fact.

CrankyJay

Banned
Yeah it's a relief for those involved for sure. But dodging a bullet should not make one want to celebrate bullets.

No one is celebrating anything. The family involved is about as repentant and humble as could possibly be given the situation. He didn't want to use the gun but he felt he absolutely had to shoot to save his daughter's life.

Yay for gun crime, you get to use guns against guns, for justice! Imagine how boring it would've been if gun crime rates were lower and this incident didn't even happen.
I imagine there's not much you can do if someone has a knife to your daughters throat and no guns are involved, they can hurt her if you rush them with a weapon

Wow, one of the few Brits who think we actually need guns. You do realise we have one of the lowest intentional homicide rates in the world right?

It would be extremely unlikely for a criminal to have a gun, even a career criminal. They're pretty much only used in organised crime against rival gangs.

If we start making laws banning things based off of 'you don't need that', then what liberty do we have?

No one is celebrating anything. The family involved is about as repentant and humble as could possibly be given the situation. He didn't want to use the gun but he felt he absolutely had to shoot to save his daughter's life.

I'm not talking about the family, it's just that seeing armchair warriors in this thread got me this time. Sorry for the bother, I'll know to close the thread next time.

Abounder

Banned
Talk about a traumatic situation and thankfully only the criminals were casualties. As for the larger topic of gun control and etc, I side with the option of having more control but it's still worthy to have the means to defend yourself when all systems fail like in these nightmare fuel scenarios. I sure as hell would never give up a firearm after what these people went through

CrankyJay

Banned
Talk about a traumatic situation and thankfully only the criminals were casualties. As for the larger topic of gun control and etc, I side with the option of having more control but it's still worthy to have the means to defend yourself when all systems fail like in these nightmare fuel scenarios. I sure as hell would never give up a firearm after what these people went through

Hey, I'm all for more gun control as well, but as a nation we currently don't have the resources. Let's take NY's SAFE act as an example. Cuomo rushed to pass it without shoring up resources to handle all of the registrations that were required for their assault weapons, and the speed and nature of the bill made some previously law abiding citizens felons overnight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom