• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of Let the JPEG Die Already

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
9986983773_f63ac5f5de_o.png

9986849945_cecd395041_o.png

KKRT00

Wow Shadow Warrior looks great! How does it play? Worth the money? Any story at all?
First levels are underwhelming graphically, but after Chapter 2 its starting to look really nice.

Actually story is pretty neat and dialogs are extremely funny.

And about fun, its the best FPS i've played this year, it also has the best melee combat in any game i've played since Dark Messiah of Might and Magic. Combat is crazy fast, responsive, gory and rewarding.

My videos:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9eydiz_vPg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgQUYOJ5bJs

and smaller teaser - https://copy.com/9BfR9ixBHRRN/sw_gif1.gif

Wow Shadow Warrior looks great! How does it play? Worth the money? Any story at all?

Plays fantastically. I'm not digging the story and humor, but I guess that's not for everyone. I'm just getting old...

It is definitely one of my favorites this year, in terms of raw gameplay. I'm mostly sticking with the sword. Its a lot of fun, and the skills you can unlock add a lot of new play styles.

I have a skill where I charge up my sword and shoot a slashing projectile that can hit multiple enemies. So much fun.

It's a pretty game, too. I can't stop taking screenshots. Just wish enemies would stop murdering me so I could take screenshots of them too.

9981511056_749f20da38_o.jpg

9986129856_af9ebc20a9_o.jpg

Why not try the new ENB binary for Shadow Warrior?

It's not necessary, I don't think. You can remove colorgrading via the console. I have the on\off command bound to keys.

pp_color_grading_enable 0 (to turn it off)
pp_color_grading_enable 1 (to turn it on)

I just didn't do it for that screenshot. I actually don't do it very often as I typically prefer colorgrading on (looks more interesting). But sometimes it's interesting to turn it off and see what an area looks like.

TheTrain

You can use that same trick to do panoramas in Hitman, but it's difficult to do them and not get alignment issues (due to the way the camera swivels - you get parallax).

-cut-

I have tried to get panoramas, in Skyrim, but...damn, so hard. T_T
Do you use Hugin to combine two screen into one panorama pic?

midhras

Two screens into one?

How about.... more? I took 68 to get this one.

8196939643_ac0970fd9e_o.png

Resolution baby. (low FOV, lots of shots, that's the way to go.) I use PTGui to stitch them, but today's Photoshop has good tools as well, or at least that's what I hear.

TheTrain

Two screens into one?

How about.... more? I took 68 to get this one.

8196939643_ac0970fd9e_o.png

Resolution baby. (low FOV, lots of shots, that's the way to go.) I use PTGui to stitch them, but today's Photoshop has good tools as well, or at least that's what I hear.

omg wtf lol
Thx for the tips, so I was in the wrong direction. Uhm, I will try.

midhras

I thought you used an iPhone app for that?

jk

Wasn't that posted on Kotaku? Or were those the Skyrim ones?

Har-har-har.

Most of the Skyrim ones here got on Kotaku. None of the RAGE panorama's.

And photomerge is probably the more convenient option. PTGui is quite fully featured, but it's got a bit of a learning curve associated with it.

And photomerge is probably the more convenient option. PTGui is quite fully featured, but it's got a bit of a learning curve associated with it.

Indeed. I couldn't figure out PTGui the one time I tried it.

Also, I believe I have the perfect screenshot to illustrate how to take screenshots in Hitman:

8301486685_564f2311bc_o.png

Seyavesh

Interesting. Is there a challenge level? Great IQ btw.

Unfortunately not. It's the Detention Center escape from Jake's POV. I just used a trainer to switch the characters to Leon and Chris. It's a really cute 'lil Mirror's Edge reference section that's very clean looking, which is great for screenshots. I really wish there was a way to permanently disable the HUD in all regards, or else I'd be taking shots of Mercenaries stuff.

quw.png

ruw.png

midhras

Steammover. Don't use it to set up junction points for you. Fucking piece of software swallowed 50GB of carefully modded Fallout 3. I'm going to dig a hole and lie in it now.

Had this lying about. Felt appropriate.

10000771505_1f90c79138_o.png

I hate that everybody is using all these super wide resolutions now ITT.

I can't use these as desktop wallpapers! :lol

Occasionally when asked, I'll upload the originals. My full resolutions are typically large enough to crop to a wallpaper aspect ratio. For now I'm doing 6000x3000 in Shadow Warrior. So a 5333x3000 crop would be 16:9. Though cropping can sometimes ruin a screenshot...

10001233506_d7795f28a8_o.jpg

Wanny

Steammover. Don't use it to set up junction points for you. Fucking piece of software swallowed 50GB of carefully modded Fallout 3. I'm going to dig a hole and lie in it now.

Had this lying about. Felt appropriate.

10000771505_1f90c79138_o.png

Crap I'm feeling this one. That's why fallout games are forever staying on my SSD...

legacyzero

Banned
I'm getting there! Loving the texture pack. SOO much better. Pain in the ass to get it working right, what with the 3GB extender and archive invalidation. And I absolutely HATE using mod managers. i simply don't understand them fully.

FUCK THE POLICE

id4cWSwMTD65b.png

ijJCYIbFH0uCl.png

10005576044_b84e44a597_o.jpg

10005644726_022bde161c_o.jpg

The way that light swings around and casts shadows all around the room has to be seen in motion. It's pretty awesome :) I wish I were an expert gif maker.

Top Bottom