• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014/15 UEFA Champions League Final |OT| Juve vs Barca

Status
Not open for further replies.
Barça will demolish Juventus, it will be a massacre.

Yup. I'm hoping for a three goal margin at least. Dreaming of a five+ goal margin.

How many UCL the serie A has win to win back that 4th spot on the tournament?

Still hate you Rubentus.

If the Italian clubs do as well next season as they did this season in the EL and CL (regardless of if Juve wins the CL) and if English clubs flop again, then Italy will have four CL spots the year after that and England will only have 3. Italian clubs have done extremely well in the EL this year and if they continue to do so they will get the fourth spot back pretty quickly.

English teams are in a bind because they make way more money by placing higher in the league rather than performing well in the EL. As Italian clubs don't get nearly as much money from TV rights, they have focused on doing well in Europe and it will soon pay off.

Pranay

Premier League is the best league right now, every year it's a race with 5-6 potential winners.
Liga is a 2 way competition, Barcelona and Real with their own mini league with 99 bajillion goals and points then all the others behind left in the dust with their "normal people" league.
In Serie A while the last 4 years Juve destroyed everyone else is much much more interesting to watch.

Worst league really is a tough match between Ligue 1 and la Liga.

haha no

Apart from Chelsea, the quality of sides have dropped down considerably.

Last 3 seasons La Liga was getting better and this and last season it rightfully earned itself to be the best league in the world.

This year the 4th position and the relegation spots were decided in the last match ! It was way competitive then epl

5 la liga teams next year in UCL shows how stronger the league has become

I judge a person's football knowledge on whether they think the BPL is the highest quality league. That hasn't been true for years, and it's debatable whether it ever was true. A league with no teams in the final eight of the EL or CL cannot be the best.

La Liga is in a class of its own in terms of quality teams, and has been for years. The other three big leagues are comparable with each other, none of them stand out. Maybe the English teams are the weakest at the moment, but that will change soon. I don't see anyone approaching La Liga's dominance any time soon.

In terms of entertainment value, that is purely subjective. I enjoy Serie A the most but that's probably because of the cultural connection. Side note: Serie A is the highest scoring European league this year.

Tubie

Premier League is the best league right now, every year it's a race with 5-6 potential winners.
Liga is a 2 way competition, Barcelona and Real with their own mini league with 99 bajillion goals and points then all the others behind left in the dust with their "normal people" league.
In Serie A while the last 4 years Juve destroyed everyone else is much much more interesting to watch.

Worst league really is a tough match between Ligue 1 and la Liga.

Aside from Chelsea none of the other "Contenders" in the EPL would've made into the top 4 of Spain this season, they would've had to battle it out with Sevilla for 5th.

It's funny, almost as if you didn't even watch or follow the Premier League this season. City was never really close to Chelsea and the other teams were never even talked about really challenging Chelsea. The only real thing everyone was worried about was finishing in the top 4.

I think the most telling thing is that even Chelsea supporters (around here) admitted their team has been playing like shit since December, and they still comfortably won the Premier League.

But, hey let's ignore the fact that not a single English team made it to the quater finals of the Champions League this season and last season only Chelsea managed to do that. Let's keep pretending it's the best league in the universe.

Qvoth

I support both teams, juve less because del piero is no longer there
Barca's probably got this, the only way I see juve winning is by a counter attack or set piece and then parking the bus

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
I support both teams, juve less because del piero is no longer there
Barca's probably got this, the only way I see juve winning is by a counter attack or set piece and then parking the bus
barf!!!

I judge a person's football knowledge on whether they think the BPL is the highest quality league. That hasn't been true for years, and it's debatable whether it ever was true. A league with no teams in the final eight of the EL or CL cannot be the best.

La Liga is in a class of its own in terms of quality teams, and has been for years. The other three big leagues are comparable with each other, none of them stand out. Maybe the English teams are the weakest at the moment, but that will change soon. I don't see anyone approaching La Liga's dominance any time soon.

People often point to Barcelona/Real Madrid dominance in the CL to support Spain's quality (with last season's showing by champions Atletico added in), but I think the best evidence is their continued success in the Europa League of their 3rd-6th placed teams. Of the past 6 winners, 4 have been Spanish. Portugal is actually the country whose teams best challenge the Spanish contingent in this tournament, with 4 of the last 10 finalists (England is next, with Chelsea's 2013 win and Fulham's run to the final in 2010).

Of note too, that Barcelona and Real Madrid have not competed in the Europa League since... Celtic beat Barcelona in 2004! Haha, I remember that match well. Oh Thiago Motta. Real Madrid haven't been there since 1995.

Blablurn

I wouldn't mind if Barca wins it because I like Messi.

On the other hand I would be thrilled if my GAF buddy Zabo could witness a CL win.

May the best one.

Next year Bayern will win it

Tubie

I wouldn't mind if Barca wins it because I like Messi.

On the other hand I would be thrilled if my GAF buddy Zabo could witness a CL win.

May the best one.

Next year Bayern will win it

#prayforzabo
#prayforyurt
#prayforFF

Purdy

Haha premier league will have at best 3 potential winners for a long time. There will be an outside challenge from Arsenal/Liverpool/maybe someone else, every five years or so but money consistently wins, football is predictable long term and it sucks.

Mesousa

Banned
Are all American sports broken down in such lifeless ways?

The biggest crime you could commit in America is actually enjoying the game. That is why athletes are labeled as classless, or thugs, when they actually look like they enjoy themselves.

Dortmund. Atletico. Juve?

I'm hoping otherwise, but I'm expecting the underdog to get crushed yet again.

I'll still be rooting for Juve, though. The club's transfer policy has been nothing short of inspired since its return from, y'know, the corruption and such.

Carlius

Banned
barsca will completley destroy juventus. they got lucky. tevez is the only one. seria A is probably at one of its worse moments in history, such a shitty low caliber league.

Tenebrous

barsca will completley destroy juventus. they got lucky. tevez is the only one. seria A is probably at one of its worse moments in history, such a shitty low caliber league.

Tevez is their only decent player? What about Pirlo, Vidal, Pogba & Morata?

But yeah, Serie A is in a pretty poor place right now.

Tubie

wtf...

I hope you don't mean to say Tevez is the only good player at Juventus.

RangerX

Banned
I just can't see anything but a Barca win here. If Tevez,pogba and Pirlo are in top form they can certainly do damage but If Messi is on fire its game over, not even mentioning Suarez and Neymar.

Rush_Khan

I'm neutral for this match but I don't think Juve have a chance over the whole 90 minutes. Barca have too much firepower upfront.

xintin

Ten years since the last major upset, too. Barca 3-0 at HT, 3-3 at FT, Pirlo to score the winning penalty!
One more time, Maestro
ixSNKeWYY7zCQ.gif

In for Juve.

Suarez tended to struggle against the big sides for Liverpool, i think maybe he put too much pressure on himself. It'll be interesting to see how he does tonight.

Hoping for a Barca win for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom