• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UEFA EURO 2024 |OT| Es Kommt Nach Hause

clarky

Gold Member
Denmark '92, Greece '04 style? 👀

But I've told everyone it's coming home....

... Again. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Let see how tomorrow goes. Mainoo in for Gallagher the only change apparently.

Southgate sticking to the plan that isn't working.

We've had a terrible showing so far we have to turn up at some point

FeralEcho

Seriously though,while I would love for England to win this thing,they haven't played at their best this Euro....

I'm really looking forward to their match with Slovakia to see if they are more agressive but I fully expect another upset there.

It's sad as they have the players...but Southgate is just so terrible at bringing out this team's pottential though.

clarky

Gold Member
Seriously though,while I would love for England to win this thing,they haven't played at their best this Euro....

I'm really looking forward to their match with Slovakia to see if they are more agressive but I fully expect another upset there.

It's sad as they have the players...but Southgate is just so terrible at bringing out this team's pottential though.

They just don't look like a team so far, nobody seems to know their roles. Maybe thats why hes sticking to his game plan hoping things click.

Just Bringing in Mainoo isn't enough for me personally, how on earth Palmer isnt a nailed on start is beyond me.

FeralEcho

They just don't look like a team so far, nobody seems to know their roles. Maybe thats why hes sticking to his game plan hoping things click.

Just Bringing in Mainoo isn't enough for me personally, how on earth Palmer isnt a nailed on start is beyond me.
Hopefully they bring out their best tomorrow for an entertaining match.

T8SC

Germans up in 3 minutes. 👀

Oh wait, no it's been denied.

oh-no.gif

clarky

Gold Member
Hello, looking like we've got a game of football on our hands here.

Only a matter of time before the Gerry's bag one here looking impressive

Last edited:

T8SC

Anyone have a tenner on lightening to stop play in the first half?

Has it ever happened before?

Will they come out wearing Gore-Tex?

Published at 20:41
Germany 0-0 Denmark

I'm just live texting some weather now.

I'm glad the BBC are in good spirits. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

FeralEcho

Well the romanian commentators just said the last match suspended at Euro was France Ukraine in 2012, apparently it lasted about an hour that time...

clarky

Gold Member
I know its better to be safe than sorry but they are surrounded by a huge steel structure with lightening rods installed everywhere.

Chances of getting hit by lightening are zero.

clarky

Gold Member
Well, it's been an even half. Both sides have had good chances but so far, have managed to.... weather the storm. 🙈
This could go either way but my spider sense says the Germans will nick it.

Either way both Denmark and Germany should be proud of their lads here.

Kasper Schmeichel the man atm.

Last edited:

T8SC

Bullshit mate, VAR should be a back up if the Ref makes a clear error.

In the case against VAR this match would be used as evidence.

The offside was literally his big toe. Ridiculous.

Then the German guy kicked the ball within a few yards straight at the Swiss guys hand which didn't move towards the ball, what's he meant to do? Absolutely ridiculous.

Basically, just kick the ball at people's hands in the box to get a pen.

Bit of a farce and I hope it's not ruined this game.

Havertz gonna Havertz though.

T8SC

Whats the point of VAR?

Would the hand of god stood?

66 would he a different story.

Lampards goal was over the line. etc etc

The game is the game. VAR makes it worse imo.

Hand of God and Lampards goal should've been overturned because they were obvious and missed. Whether '66 would've been different overall is another thing altogether but I get the idea.

It should be that, clear and obvious fuck up by the ref/linesman. Not marginal bullshit of hairs being offside or people kicking balls at 60mph directly at people's hands.

Fret Runner

Englands gonna pull their fingers out and start playing better tomorrow.
I Hope Please GIF

hqdefault.jpg

Ares! Let England win this Euro and we promise to retire the Three Lions song! until the world cup

Portugeezer

Gold Member
Whats the point of VAR?

Would the hand of god stood?

66 would he a different story.

Lampards goal was over the line. etc etc

The game is the game. VAR makes it worse imo.
I like VAR, but then these slow motion replay handballs annoy me. We need to look at the whole movement of the defender, looked like normal movement to me... but I need to see the replay again to make sure.

clarky

Gold Member
I like VAR, but then these slow motion replay handballs annoy me. We need to look at the whole movement of the defender, looked like normal movement to me... but I need to see the replay again to make sure.
For me, no intent, the direction of the ball wasn't affected.

VAR for me is there to correct a clear and obvious error by the officials. Say like the Lampard goal that never was.

Offside or handballs measured by a pubic hair are ridiculous. What next are we going to go back historically and correct the hand of god or the 66 goal that never was?

Its just part of the game, it was better the way it was.

Disclaimer: im fucking pissed now and being subjected to coldpaly onthe bbc i do not stand by ant of this

clarky

Gold Member
Are you feeling yellow?

I'd turn it off at the speed of sound.

834565d0-8b4e-4d83-a0aa-765670f20746_text.gif
There is some good stuff in there if you can navigate the woke player.

LCD last night were top drawer. Nothing tops Rick Astley doing Smiths last year though.

Fake Edit: scared for life over MJ fox, I love the guy but singing fix you while you push him out in a wheelchair was a bit much.

Top Bottom