• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 Console Screenshot Thread (PS4, XB1, Wii U) [READ OP!]

kosmologi

halocaayn3h7j8z.png

halocaayn4sckiu.png

It's funny that H2A actually looks better than Halo 5 in many places. The textures especially look much better and there's less ugly aliasing.

kosmologi

It does look good for a 60fps Xbone game, but the lack of good anti-aliasing is very apparent in the gameplay footage. The graphics quality is quite inconsistent, too, since they've had to sacrifice a lot to achieve 60fps. Textures look awesome in some places and in horrible (like Halo 2 vanilla) in others.

Also, I've never been a fan of the texture work in 343's original games, they just look weird to me. But this is just my opinion. Halo 5 naturally has bigger levels and a lot more happening on the screen, so it's not simple.

Now I really think it's 900p.

I have no problems with 900p BTW.

I did a pixel count on them and they're 1600x900. Obviously this is just to get the number, you can see how blurry and upscaled they are just by looking.

17/21x1920 = 1600
16/19x1080 = 900

Timu

I did a pixel count on them and they're 1600x900. Obviously this is just to get the number, you can see how blurry and upscaled they are just by looking.

17/21x1920 = 1600
16/19x1080 = 900
Ah, so I was right then. Now I wonder about the X1 version resolution.

X-Factor

You have to expand your game display options to get proper God of War 3 screenshots without the borders.

Whoever ported God of War 3 set the game display area too small for most TV sets by default.

Ah, so I was right then. Now I wonder about the X1 version resolution.

I guess there's still some hope a patch will come for Syndicate on PS4, we're still pre release as well. I'm not expecting it though.

Unity was 900p on XBO so I don't think it will be any different.

Timu

You have to expand your game display options to get proper God of War 3 screenshots without the borders.

Whoever ported God of War 3 set the game display area too small for most TV sets by default.
Yeah, I wonder about those black borders as well.

I guess there's still some hope a patch will come for Syndicate on PS4, we're still pre release as well. I'm not expecting it though.

Unity was 900p on XBO so I don't think it will be any different.
Ass Creed 4 got patched from 900p to 1080p on PS4 so there could be a chance.

it's the same
Figures, makes sense too.

Caayn

What the hell is wrong with the GoW3 screenshots, why the blackbars on every side?
User is taking those shots while still having the wrong display settings on his PS4. (S)he should go into the console settings and change this settings according to the TV.

go to settings > sound & screen > display area settings

User is taking those shots while still having the wrong display settings on his PS4. (S)he should go into the console settings and change this settings according to the TV.

go to settings > sound & screen > display area settings
All my other PS4 games take screenshots fine, it's only GOW3R that does this.

It does look good for a 60fps Xbone game, but the lack of good anti-aliasing is very apparent in the gameplay footage. The graphics quality is quite inconsistent, too, since they've had to sacrifice a lot to achieve 60fps. Textures look awesome in some places and in horrible (like Halo 2 vanilla) in others.

Also, I've never been a fan of the texture work in 343's original games, they just look weird to me. But this is just my opinion. Halo 5 naturally has bigger levels and a lot more happening on the screen, so it's not simple.

As I've seen both games running on my TV (and not on some DF close-up screens), you're far far far from the Truth... Really far.

Top Bottom