• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 Console Screenshot Thread (PS4, XB1, Wii U) [READ OP!]

etta

my hard graphic balls
BJCB87W.png

nyhXNhX.png

DOWN

Banned
The material in this game looks insane. And MP at 60fps rock solid.

ZbfhkZ2.png

aWIbAlZ.png
Too bad the color palette of halo 5 is disgusting and shows no restraint compared to the Bungie titles and other more sophisticated peers. It really looks like the game is just colored by a guy who works in a Home Depot warehouse who enjoys the dulled explosion of colors one finds in their purchase of a Fruit Roll-Up variety pack.

eso76

Wait, AC Syndicate was supposed to look bad or much worse than Unity at least.
What are these gorgeous screens doing here

DOWN

Banned
Wait, AC Syndicate was supposed to look bad or much worse than Unity at least.
What are these gorgeous screens doing here
It does look worse. The lighting and HDR is quite obviously less complex. Doesn't mean it's horredous, but it is uglier.

eso76

It does look worse. The lighting and HDR is quite obviously less complex. Doesn't mean it's horredous, but it is uglier.

does this have day/night cycles or is it fixed TOD's like Unity ? I realise i shouldn't be asking here, but i was curious.

DOWN

Banned
does this have day/night cycles or is it fixed TOD's like Unity ? I realise i shouldn't be asking here, but i was curious.
Cycle is why they couldn't pull off Unity quality lighting. I much prefer the Unity quality and atmospherics/weather.

eso76

Cycle is why they couldn't pull off Unity quality lighting. I much prefer the Unity quality and atmospherics/weather.

I see, well no wonder lighting is not the same quality then. But having baked lighting in Unity was a a little disappointing for me and Syndicate still looks beautiful. I was expecting an average looking game from early impressions, but some of these pics look great.
Still meaning to pick up Unity at some point. And maybe Syndicate too, I have a thing for Victorian era.

I see, well no wonder lighting is not the same quality then. But having baked lighting in Unity was a a little disappointing for me and Syndicate still looks beautiful. I was expecting an average looking game from early impressions, but some of these pics look great.
Still meaning to pick up Unity at some point. And maybe Syndicate too, I have a thing for Victorian era.

Day/night cycle is always preferable for open world games IMO. The static ToDs in Unity is one of the reasons I didn't pick it up (aside from, y'know, the game apparently being terrible). As if Ubisoft hadn't already ruined the impression of an open world simulation with all the Animus glitches and highlighting, a static lighting system pretty much kills the illusion totally.

It was great for screenshots though, sure.

Top Bottom