• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 Console Screenshot Thread (PS4, XB1, Wii U) [READ OP!]

Grimløck;183631793 said:
halo 5 looks rough

According to digital foundry, it rarely if ever hits 1080p. Your claim is wrong.

Between 900-1080p > 70% of the time, isn't the same thing as 1080p > 70% of the time...

If I say most games score between 65 and 100 on metacritic, I wouldn't be wrong because literally nothing has ever scored 100... I'd only be wrong if most games scored sub-65.

With that said, Halo 5's IQ does stand out to me more during gameplay than the average 900p game does. I don't usually notice 900p, but notice IQ issues in Halo 5 routinely.

I think it's mostly shadow dithering and lack of AF that hurt H5 the most. Motion blur+60fps hide a lot of that though.

I'd recommend not getting too carried away with the resolution "issue" and judging it on the sreenshots. The game looks and runs amazing b/c of the dynamic resolution shift. It'd be really unfortunate to not give this game a chance just because of what "1080p" means to you. It's no doubt a smooth experience.

USF

Screenshot-Original.png

Screenshot-Original.png

Synth

I'd recommend not getting too carried away with the resolution "issue" and judging it on the sreenshots. The game looks and runs amazing b/c of the dynamic resolution shift. It'd be really unfortunate to not give this game a chance just because of what "1080p" means to you. It's no doubt a smooth experience.

Heh, don't get me wrong I loved the game... and think it looks really nice overall (especially the lighting). Obviously any 60fps game is going to suffer in screenshots, as you essentially remove their main graphical advantage, but I don't think the shots in here are entirely misrepresentative of the IQ issues during gameplay either.

^ I think that Halo 5 looks good. Probably looks even much better in motion.
It really does, a thing most 60fps games share imo: they look better in motion than a lot of the 30fps "graphics heavy" games as the framerate really helps give a better visual experience. This is why comparing screenshots often misses the point and isn't the complete experience of actually playing the game. 30fps youtube videos don't help either.

Timu

It really does, a thing most 60fps games share imo: they look better in motion than a lot of the 30fps "graphics heavy" games as the framerate really helps give a better visual experience. This is why comparing screenshots often misses the point and isn't the complete experience of actually playing the game. 30fps youtube videos don't help either.
There are 60fps youtube vids too(like most of mine), and sure, it's better in motion because how smooth everything is, but image quality is certainly affected in both motion and screenshots and that's where the complaints come from. 60 FPS will not help the not so great AA it uses along with it's dynamic res that makes the game run at lower res depending on the situations, having a more jaggy and blurry look at times. Not to mention the textures as well.

Dibils2k

Maybe if you're sitting too far away from a ~350 motion resolution LCD, but it looks every bit as bad as the stills to me. Primary issues are the vast majority of the time it seems to employ the near 720p equivalent resolutions, which coupled with the bi/trilinear filtering, looks really bad. I'm not going to take a dump on on 343, cause I understand it looks like this due to 4 player characters running around, at 60fps, but lets not sugar coat the game looks like dog shit. MCC Halo 4 is a much better looking game, though it's obviously doing a lot less.

well i strongly disagree (especially with Halo 4 looking better.. really? thats 720p/30fps..with much more boring environments)

the jungle map, the desert map were incredible, still havent finished the campaign but i am well impressed with the visuals.

but hey you are free to feel as you do

EDIT: fixed mistake

KiraXD

Just picked up Unity on sale for 10$ new at target... ive been misled! this game is awesome! and beautiful! though a little blurry... still looks great.

AC Unity PS4

assassinscreedunity_21bzyz.png

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
I feel like there's an emphasis in this thread on posting the best picture you possibly can rather than posting pictures (i.e. trophy pictures, actual gameplay) that you might be proud of.
I certainly don't want to see trophy pictures, unless there's something else particularly interesting or spectacular going on, that shit's useless. That said, I think it's fine to show both gameplay and/or action shots and nice cleaned up scenic shots. I do both for the games I tend to post (Bloodborne and Dark Souls 2 right now).

1446322674-dark-souls-tm-ii-scholar-of-the-first-sin-20151013001041.png

1446322690-dark-souls-tm-ii-scholar-of-the-first-sin-20151013045701.png

Reallink

well i strongly disagree (especially with Halo 4 looking better.. really? thats 720p/30fps..with much more boring environments)

the jungle map, the desert map were incredible, still havent finished the campaign but i am well impressed with the visuals.

but hey you are free to feel as you do

EDIT: fixed mistake

I said MCC Halo 4 (Master Chief Collection), which is always native 1080p, mostly 60fps, and looks like:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=171364900&postcount=6970

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=158299378&postcount=3065

Framerate inside is really nice but outside is choppy enough that I deleted it.
Indeed. The choppy frame rate + fish eye FOV gave me motion sickness. It looks gorgeous though.

Those who have played both Ethan Carter and Rapture, can they confirm if Rapture is the same? I didn't like the FOV in Ethan Carter so I hope not.

Indeed. The choppy frame rate + fish eye FOV gave me motion sickness. It looks gorgeous though.

Those who have played both Ethan Carter and Rapture, can they confirm if Rapture is the same? I didn't like the FOV in Ethan Carter so I hope not.

Isn't there a FOV option in The Vanishing of Ethan Carter? Have you tried adjusting that to see if it helps with your motion sickness?

Reposting some of favorite Halo 5 shots because while the game has some rough spots, it has many undoubtedly gorgeous moments.

Courtesy of therealminime:

21989018294_0b3f488375_o.png

22623015151_752f3716cb_o.png

USF:

Screenshot-Original.png

Really wish we had a proper campaign theater. ;(

I'll be taking some shots with the blind skull I think.

Top Bottom