• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 Fantasy Football Discussion/Advice Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apath

I have the 5th pick, and I know Jamaal Charles is going first, Adrian Peterson second, and Eddy Lacy won't make it past 4th. I'm currently stuck between Antonio Brown and Marshawn Lynch.

The league is half PPR.

What do you guys think of Alfred Blue? He seems to be going really late to be a starter?

He's starting RB until Foster comes back, right? So as long as you keep in mind that he has a potential 6 week shelf life and you have a backup ready, he could be a really smart choice.

natjjohn

I have the 5th pick, and I know Jamaal Charles is going first, Adrian Peterson second, and Eddy Lacy won't make it past 4th. I'm currently stuck between Antonio Brown and Marshawn Lynch.

The league is half PPR.

Just want to point out how helpful it is when people give some insight to the scoring rules. People spout strategies but they are fairly meaningless without knowing the scoring rules of the specific league. Example is the no QB early, but scoring rules really dictate whether should stick with that or not.

I'd go brown with the half PPR. Lynch getting old. He is the man, but old RBs tend to make me nervous because they can drop like a rock (see Shaun Alexander, LT, etc.).

natjjohn

He's starting RB until Foster comes back, right? So as long as you keep in mind that he has a potential 6 week shelf life and you have a backup ready, he could be a really smart choice.

not a fan of his talent and there's no guarantee Houston will use him like foster (I.e. Getting all the work). Worth a flyer late, but wouldn't reach for him. Also, teams offense could be brutal due to QB play which would bring the value down further.

Alfred Blue scream average talent to me... but he has the trust of the staff and that's one a the Big 5 to look for in evaluating a Fantasy asset.

The league is half PPR.

I would take who ever is available from Charles, Peterson, Lacy, Lynch, and Le'Veon Bell before I thought about Antonio brown. I'd rather have Lynch and AJ Green/Julio Jones/ Calvin Johnson than Antonio Brown and an Alfred Morris type.

I would also definitely take Bell over Lynch and Lacy. I know he's missing two games, but starting a plug-and-play type of guy for 2 weeks is totally worth it for a guy who IMO is the #1 overall RB in half ppr and no lower than #3, for the last 14 weeks .

Compbros

My strategy is to hold off on QB until at least round 5. I''m fine with a Romo, Stafford, what have you. I also look at rookies around the 8th or 9th as I have plenty of WRs/RBs at that time and maybe even my TE so I'll take a chance on a talent around here because if they start doing really well it's trade material or a great starter and if they underperform or stink then it doesn't hurt me too badly.

Milabrega

So my draft was last night and I took Jordy Nelson round 2, RIP my season. My league is PPR, this is the list of who is around and I am considering was wondering if anyone can help me narrow it down.

TE: Richard Rodgers
WR: Philip Dorsett, Donte Moncrief, Tyler Locket, Kevin White, Jaelen Strong, Cecil Shorts, Brandon Coleman, Ty Montgomery, Jeff Janis
RB: Lorenzo Taliaferro, Denard Robinson, Ronnie Hillman, Cameron Artis-Payne, Javorius (Buck) Allen

With Jordy gone my skill position is (14 team league):

TE: Josh Hill
WR: Emannuelle Sanders, Devante Adams, Devin Funchess, Nelson Agholor
RB: Arizona's duo Ellingtong/David Johnson, Devonte Freeman, J. Bell, Matt Jones.

So my draft was last night and I took Jordy Nelson round 2, RIP my season. My league is PPR, this is the list of who is around and I am considering was wondering if anyone can help me narrow it down.

TE: Richard Rodgers
WR: Philip Dorsett, Donte Moncrief, Tyler Locket, Kevin White, Jaelen Strong, Cecil Shorts, Brandon Coleman, Ty Montgomery, Jeff Janis
RB: Lorenzo Taliaferro, Denard Robinson, Ronnie Hillman, Cameron Artis-Payne, Javorius (Buck) Allen

With Jordy gone my skill position is (14 team league):

TE: Josh Hill
WR: Emannuelle Sanders, Devante Adams, Devin Funchess, Nelson Agholor
RB: Arizona's duo Ellingtong/David Johnson, Devonte Freeman, J. Bell, Matt Jones.

Nice pickup with Johnson. He looked phenomenal in that game against the Chargers.

KyleP29

First draft this year on just a free 10 league work league and i'm fairly happy with it.

Think i'm a bit light on WR and not all to confident on my RB 's hence the reason i took so many.

QB: Stafford, Bridgewater
RB: Forte, Joique Bell, Rashard Jennings, Duke Johnson, Spiller
WR: Dez, Green, Emmanuel Sanders, Cruz
TE: Eifert, Bennett
K: Crosby
Def: Rams

some good wr potential in FA yet, so likely drop Spiller and his injuries and pick up a WR i have an eye on yet.

First draft this year on just a free 10 league work league and i'm fairly happy with it.

Think i'm a bit light on WR and not all to confident on my RB 's hence the reason i took so many.

some good wr potential in FA yet, so likely drop Spiller and his injuries and pick up a WR i have an eye on yet.

Those WRs are ridiculous! I think you're set at that position.

12 team league, 1 point PPR, 4 pts for QB TD, 6 pts for other TDs. Really happy with RBs, iffy on WRs/TE. Might have some interesting trade fodder? If Brady gets the suspension lifted, I'll be in good shape I think.

QB: Tom Brady, Ryan Tannehill
RBs: Eddie Lacy, CJ Anderson, Ameer Abdullah, Shane Vereen, Davonta Freeman
WRs: Randall Cobb (Nelson tore his ACL minutes later, got Cobb at 3rd round), Jarvis Landry, Jeremy Maclin, Martavis Bryant, John Brown
TE: Heath Miller, Andrew Quarless
DEF: Lions, Eagles
K: Cody Parkey

Have an issue with week 7 byes, but I'll deal with it. Everybody was taking two defenses which forced me to do so as there's not gonna be much to stream it looks like. Everybody about died laughing when a guy took Kelvin Benjamin in the 4th round.

Milabrega

Why do people hold drafts so early? Never liked that... wait until last preseason game.

Yeah its dumb to do so until after the third preseason games, since starters usually sit the fourth. Was no convincing my commish, this is the second year in a row he's moved the draft up.

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
Got a 12 team keeper ppr draft in a couple weeks.

Keeping:
Brown for round 3
Hill for 6
Ellington for 13
Kelce for 16

Picking 4th... Not a whole lot avail even for me then

MBison

12 team league, 1 point PPR, 4 pts for QB TD, 6 pts for other TDs. Really happy with RBs, iffy on WRs/TE. Might have some interesting trade fodder? If Brady gets the suspension lifted, I'll be in good shape I think.

QB: Tom Brady, Ryan Tannehill
RBs: Eddie Lacy, CJ Anderson, Ameer Abdullah, Shane Vereen, Davonta Freeman
WRs: Randall Cobb (Nelson tore his ACL minutes later, got Cobb at 3rd round), Jarvis Landry, Jeremy Maclin, Martavis Bryant, John Brown
TE: Heath Miller, Andrew Quarless
DEF: Lions, Eagles
K: Cody Parkey

Have an issue with week 7 byes, but I'll deal with it. Everybody was taking two defenses which forced me to do so as there's not gonna be much to stream it looks like. Everybody about died laughing when a guy took Kelvin Benjamin in the 4th round.

Pretty solid team, I'd drop Quarless for Rodgers if he's available. Or really any decent te flier. Your Wrs aren't that bad and I hope you can play all 3 rbs.

My draft isn't for a couple of weeks, so I've got some time to see how the rest of the preseason goes, but I know I have the #3 pick which I like. I can either go with one of the stud RBs or pick up the best WR - recommendations? It's a normal non-PPR league btw.

I'm leaning towards grabbing either AP/Bell/Lacy (whoever doesn't go 1/2) and then grabbing a WR on the way back in Rd 2. There should be a great WR left over, but the good RBs will be snatched up if I go WR at #3. Then I can grab a second WR in the 3rd Rd.

Sumidor

Why do people hold drafts so early? Never liked that... wait until last preseason game.

Most of the time, it's because it's hard to get 8-16 people together for a 2-3+ hours without being bothered by kids/family/work. Or at least, that's why one of my leagues had to draft yesterday.

My draft isn't for a couple of weeks, so I've got some time to see how the rest of the preseason goes, but I know I have the #3 pick which I like. I can either go with one of the stud RBs or pick up the best WR - recommendations? It's a normal non-PPR league btw.

I'm leaning towards grabbing either AP/Bell/Lacy (whoever doesn't go 1/2) and then grabbing a WR on the way back in Rd 2. There should be a great WR left over, but the good RBs will be snatched up if I go WR at #3. Then I can grab a second WR in the 3rd Rd.

How many teams are in your league? Also, I would think of taking Charles too, if he drops to you. If you're not in a PPR league, I would not suggest taking a WR at the #3 pick.

SummitAve

Banned
Most of the time, it's because it's hard to get 8-16 people together for a 2-3+ hours without being bothered by kids/family/work. Or at least, that's why one of my leagues had to draft yesterday.

Yup, if it's even possible for your league, getting everybody together should be priority #1 for scheduling a draft.

How many teams are in your league? Also, I would think of taking Charles too, if he drops to you. If you're not in a PPR league, I would not suggest taking a WR at the #3 pick.

12 teams in the league.

Yeah, the more I think about it the less I want to take a WR at #3. I'll stick Charles into that mix too. It all depends on what happens at 1 and 2.

Woo! New year of FF. This is my 3rd year doing it (and 3rd year paying attention to football in general). I'm in 3 leagues this year - $100, $40, and $20. Did my $40 draft already and my studs are Peterson, Forsett, Demaryius Thomas, and Kelce. Hoping it's ok. It's a weirdly set up league as far as points and positions (2qb, 2rb, 3wrs, flex, te, k, dst) so I haven't quite figured out how to work this league yet.

You really can't afford to drop Spiller at this point. Your RBs are extremely shaky outside of Forte while your WRs are stacked. Keep Spiller for now based off his ability to break a big run alone, but start looking for a better RB2. Joique is hurt, plus you have to deal with Abdullah and Reddick taking touches. Jennings is now in the same backfield as Vereen. And Duke Johnson, well, he's on the Browns, and if last year was any indication, they'll be using multiple RBs

Pretty solid team, I'd drop Quarless for Rodgers if he's available. Or really any decent te flier. Your Wrs aren't that bad and I hope you can play all 3 rbs.

Yes there's a flex position so hopefully Ameer lives to the hype. Yeah I'm thinking I will drop Quarless for Richard Rodgers at this point, Quarless had some off season personal issues apparently

Beach

To go with another poster you should definitely take a look at Charles. You pretty much have the best position on the draft where you will end up getting AP/Lacy/Charles/Bell so doing that and getting a AJ Green or Julio Jones in round 2 is best case and reasonable scenario.

To go with another poster you should definitely take a look at Charles. You pretty much have the best position on the draft where you will end up getting AP/Lacy/Charles/Bell so doing that and getting a AJ Green or Julio Jones in round 2 is best case and reasonable scenario.

Yeah if Julio Jones or AJ Green are still hanging around by the time my second pick comes around I'll be psyched. Thanks for the recommendations.

LionPride

Banned
So my team is
QB:Ryan Tannehill/Matt Stafford
RB:Shane Vereen/Adrian Peterson/Bishop Sankey
WR:Demaryius Thomas/Randall Cobb/DeAndre Hopkins/Victor Cruz/Kenny Stills
TE:Delanie Walker/Martellus Bennett
K:Steven Hauschka
DEF:Texans/Vikings

Got another draft next week, hopefully that one goes as well as this one

dodgeme

Quite happy with how my team turned out this year. We run a PPR 8-Team league with a very very deep bench and we start 11/bench 11, probably a bit excessive but our commish likes to see high point totals so our teams have gotten bigger. We play, 2 QB's, 3 WR's, 3 RB's, 1 TE, 1 Regular Flex, and 1 Superflex which includes QB's.

We also tend to see all available QB's go in our league as we favor QB's pointwise where they often finish in top 10 for total points.

Nevertheless a team of deep WR's go far and everyone was overlooking some and I am again quite happy with my team.

QB: Matt Ryan/Joe Flacco/Colin Kaepernick/Bortles(Bye Week filler and to screw some other people in bye weeks).
RB: Marshawn Lynch/Mark Ingram/Johnathan Stewart/Bishop Sankey/Montee Ball
WR: Antonio Brown/AJ Green/Julio Jones/Amari Cooper/Brandon Marshall/Allen Robinson/John Brown
TE: Travis Kelce/Delanie Walker
K: Steven Hauschka
DEF: Texans

Like I said our league has gotten quite rediculous but it makes it quite interesting thats for sure.

bchamba

Nice league setup. I like that if you only have an 8 team league. Lets you go deep into the player pool like a bigger league.

UberTag

Where do you guys think Reggie Wayne stacks up with the Pats?
He's the 5th wide receiver on a team whose best receiving option is their tight end with a coach and offensive coordinator that pride themselves on inconsistency and keeping their opposition guessing at all times. You'll never have Wayne in your starting lineup the one week he happens to go off and recapture his youth.

Pass in any format except daily fantasy. Maybe throw him into your DraftKings lineup for the Colts matchup in Week 6.

hermit7

Had my draft yesterday standard league drafted 10/12. Went with d. Thomas at 10 and then at 15 went Dez. Followed up 3 and 4 with Hyde and Alf Morris.

Team ended up
Rivers/Bradford
Hyde
Morris
Thomas
Dez
M. Bryant (Pitt)
Fleener
Walsh
Panthers

Bench is
Bradford
T. Coleman
Vereen
Jennings
Funchess
Wright

Overall I am pretty happy with this team qb may be an issue but I am confident in playing the matchups. Rbs are a little light but I think that I have decent enough depth. WRs are a strength and will carry me.

Ferny

Fantasy Football is my drug. I'm usually in no less than 15 leagues a year. 10 of those being paid. I added 5 MFL10 leagues this year, but those are just draft and forget it type of leagues, so no problem there.

I thought this would have been an easy google search but my detective skills must be lacking.

NFL.com has a league setting with Points per Rushing Attempt (reluctantly joined such a broken scoring system) Where can I find custom rankings to gauge the impact this has on RBs.

hermit7

I thought this would have been an easy google search but my detective skills must be lacking.

NFL.com has a league setting with Points per Rushing Attempt (reluctantly joined such a broken scoring system) Where can I find custom rankings to gauge the impact this has on RBs.

I am not sure about custom rankings but typically you can sort players by number of carries. That may be your best option.

Then you can takr that information into effect when ranking players.

DSmalls84

12 team standard

Qb- Eli Manning/Joe Flacco
RB- CJ Anderson, Frank Gore, Arian Foster, Doug Martin
WR- Demaryius Thomas, Brandin Cooks, Andre Johnson, Steve Smith
TE- Dwayne Allen, Antonio Gates
K- Cody Parkey
Def- Panthers/Packers

I Like my team for the most part but I'm not sure if I should drop Dwayne Allen for Heath Miller, Larry Donnell, or Ladarius Green.

SeanR1221

Green Bay may well be even more run-heavy this season now that Jordy's on the shelf.

AHHHHH you're not making this easy.

Lacy

Peterson

Lacy

Peterson

LACY....

PETERSON...

ruxinstroke.jpg

Going into my draft this weekend having done almost zero research. I think I'm just gonna wing it and just try not to pick someone who is injured. Sounds like the obvious game plan seems to go RB or WR for like the first 4 picks before even thinking about a QB. Would evem taking a top tier TE over your first QB make sense?

Going into my draft this weekend having done almost zero research. I think I'm just gonna wing it and just try not to pick someone who is injured. Sounds like the obvious game plan seems to go RB or WR for like the first 4 picks before even thinking about a QB. Would evem taking a top tier TE over your first QB make sense?

Only if the last name is Gronkowski or Graham.

Already done a few drafts, some of my biggest tips?

- RB's aren't as scarce as they seem
- The "wait for a QB" strategy can easily be bucked by taking Luck/Rodgers early
- WR's & TE's are ridiculously deep

My must own players I've tried to get (in no order) have been AP, Lacy, Julio Jones, Cooks, Alshon Jeffery, Frank Gore & Andre Johnson in every draft I can.

My two biggest sleepers are Eddie Royal & Davonte Adams, both who probably aren't sleepers anymore with injuries but you'll get solid WR2 output from them. Also love me some Jonathan Stewart but he's a bit riskier.

I was also only able to do it in one draft but snagging Brady/Foster in early-mid rounds could pay off big time, especially if you're able to snag some solid starters in those positions.

Still have a lot more questions to be answered in the next 2 weeks before kickoff but I'm loving my drafts so far. One of the deepest fantasy years I've felt in awhile football wise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom