• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 Fantasy Football Discussion/Advice Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkman M

Standard 10 team league

QB Matthew Staford
RB Carlos Hyde
RB Justin Forsett
WR Antonio Brown
WR Demaryius Thomas
TE Owen Daniels
Flex Amari Cooper

Bench
Davante Adams(grabbed in the 5th round and snatched Amari because he was there in the sixth)
Lativius Murray
Cam Newton
Devante Parker
Breshad Perriman
Bishop Sankey

UberTag

Standard 10 team league

QB Matthew Staford
RB Carlos Hyde
RB Justin Forsett
WR Antonio Brown
WR Demaryius Thomas
TE Owen Daniels
Flex Amari Cooper

Bench
Davante Adams(grabbed in the 5th round and snatched Amari because he was there in the sixth)
Lativius Murray
Cam Newton
Devante Parker
Breshad Perriman
Bishop Sankey
I'd say you're rather weak on running back... betting a lot on potential versus track record.
Receiver is clearly your team's strength.
If that's a traditional RB/WR flex spot, I would have some cause for concern.
With luck one of your WR lottery tickets pays off and you can offload someone in a trade for more depth elsewhere.

Darkman M

I'd say you're rather weak on running back... betting a lot on potential versus track record.
Receiver is clearly your team's strength.
If that's a traditional RB/WR flex spot, I would have some cause for concern.
With luck one of your WR lottery tickets pays off and you can offload someone in a trade for more depth elsewhere.

You are correct, I came away with the 9th pick and said to myself if I can't have a top 5 running back I would go all in on WR and bet on one of my RB to have a breakout season. I think Forsett is solid, and Hyde has potential, but SF's offense is looking rather shaky right now... well see. Flex is standard WR/RB/TE though.....

I say this with all respect to your leagues, but man...10 team should not be standard.

May as well play daily fantasy if guys like Latavius Murray are on the bench.

Mirimar

Figured I'd post my team. 2nd year doing fantasy and think the draft went relatively well. In hindsight, I shouldn't have picked up a 2nd kicker. Probably should have just streamed one for the bye. Hell, who knows, maybe someone will be desperate for one lol. I think I'm a bit weak on the RB side. Really hoping for a breakout from one of my flex options. Carlos Hyde did shit for me last season, but fingers crossed this year! Seems a lot of my bench is contingent on breakouts. Really high on Teddy, though. Looked amazing pre-season.

Standard 10 team league

QB Matt Ryan
RB Matt Forte
RB Carlos Hyde
WR Dez Bryant
WR Randall Cobb
TE Travis Kelce
Flex Chris Ivory
DST Arizona
K Matt Bryant

Bench
Teddy Bridgewater - QB
Davonta Freeman - RB
Danny Woodhead - RB
Sammy Watkins - WR
Steve Smith - WR
Vernon Davis - TE
Dan Bailey - K

Bench
Teddy Bridgewater - QB
Davonta Freeman - RB
Danny Woodhead - RB
Sammy Watkins - WR
Steve Smith - WR
Vernon Davis - TE
Dan Bailey - K

In a 10 team think of your bench as either superstars or lottery tickets only. Don't hold on to anybody that is marginal. That means no second kicker, no second defense (unless your first defense is really questionable anyway) Usually your starters should be so good that you wouldn't even think of swapping them out weekly, so the bench needs to be an incubator.

Looking at your list,
Bridgewater: lottery ticket (in case the Vikings pass offense explodes)
Freeman: lottery ticket (nobody knows who will be lead back in ATL)
Woodhead: Droppable unless he suddenly becomes a PPR monster
Watkins: star
Smith: borderline star
Davis: lottery ticket
Kicker: drop

Mirimar

In a 10 team think of your bench as either superstars or lottery tickets only. Don't hold on to anybody that is marginal. That means no second kicker, no second defense (unless your first defense is really questionable anyway) Usually your starters should be so good that you wouldn't even think of swapping them out weekly, so the bench needs to be an incubator.

Looking at your list,
Bridgewater: lottery ticket (in case the Vikings pass offense explodes)
Freeman: lottery ticket (nobody knows who will be lead back in ATL)
Woodhead: Droppable unless he suddenly becomes a PPR monster
Watkins: star
Smith: borderline star
Davis: lottery ticket
Kicker: drop

Thanks for the insight. I'll drop the kicker and pickup any standouts from waivers after week 1.

UberTag

Should I drop Ty Montgomery for Devante Parker?

.5 PPR 12 Man
I wouldn't. I'd stick with Montgomery.
He's the 3rd receiving option on the Packers (not counting Lacy)... and Cobb's health is still somewhat of a question mark after spraining his shoulder.
Cobb doesn't go for some reason next week and he's in the starting lineup alongside Adams against the Bears.

Parker may not even play in Week 1 with Miami as he's still easing in from getting his foot screwed back together.
The fact that he's getting action in the final pre-season game when all of the starters are resting should tell you everything you need to know about his position on the depth chart.
He's the 7th receiving option on the Dolphins behind Landry, Jennings, Matthews, Stills, Cameron and Miller.

I don't have an issue with stashing Parker on your bench in hopes of him becoming fantasy-relevant later this season.
But don't drop Montgomery for him.

VoxPop

I wouldn't. I'd stick with Montgomery.
He's the 3rd receiving option on the Packers (not counting Lacy)... and Cobb's health is still somewhat of a question mark after spraining his shoulder.
Cobb doesn't go for some reason next week and he's in the starting lineup alongside Adams against the Bears.

Parker may not even play in Week 1 with Miami as he's still easing in from getting his foot screwed back together.
The fact that he's getting action in the final pre-season game when all of the starters are resting should tell you everything you need to know about his position on the depth chart.
He's the 7th receiving option on the Dolphins behind Landry, Jennings, Matthews, Stills, Cameron and Miller.

I don't have an issue with stashing Parker on your bench in hopes of him becoming fantasy-relevant later this season.
But don't drop Montgomery for him.

Thanks for that. It's just that I heard Parker was a freak of nature on the field and has a physical advantage over guys like Stills and Jennings. I guess not. Montgomery is a gamble for me cause it completely relies on Cobb getting injured as I see Cobb and Adams getting a bulk of the targets. I'm trying to find a future flex play as I have Jonas Gray in my flex spot atm with Doug Baldwin hanging around. Hoping Perriman becomes a big target in Baltimore as well. We'll see how things go :)

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Gaf draft on Sunday. It is my first time doing an auction draft. What are some tips for this type of draft?

VoxPop

Gaf draft on Sunday. It is my first time doing an auction draft. What are some tips for this type of draft?

Just had my first one as well.

I'd say your best bet is to have other guys waste their money early so you can scoop up some guys on the cheap since they'd be too poor to bid on them and fill out the rest of their team. Only bid early on guys you really want and try not to overpay too much. Yahoo shows their projected value up on top. You can't really fill out your team with a bunch of studs (3-4 tops) so plan accordingly. The highest bids we had were $70 for top tier RBs which I'm sure they regret. Guaranteed great RBs seem to be pretty scarce this year so try getting 2 good-great RBs early. WRs seem to be aplenty as well as QBs. We started with $200 so adjust your prices accordingly. Finding value in rookies and injury replacements is important as well. It's actually pretty fun and prefer it to the standard draft.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Just had my first one as well.

I'd say your best bet is to have other guys waste their money early so you can scoop up some guys on the cheap since they'd be too poor to bid on them and fill out the rest of their team. Only bid early on guys you really want and try not to overpay too much. Yahoo shows their projected value up on top. You can't really fill out your team with a bunch of studs (3-4 tops) so plan accordingly. The highest bids we had were $70 for top tier RBs which I'm sure they regret. Guaranteed great RBs seem to be pretty scarce this year so try getting 2 good-great RBs early. WRs seem to be aplenty as well as QBs. We started with $200 so adjust your prices accordingly. Finding value in rookies and injury replacements is important as well. It's actually pretty fun and prefer it to the standard draft.

That is my fear, that I will be like that dude and overpay for players. End up for broke lol.

I will do a few mock drafts to make sure I'm not going into it completely blind.

UberTag

Thanks for that. It's just that I heard Parker was a freak of nature on the field and has a physical advantage over guys like Stills and Jennings. I guess not. Montgomery is a gamble for me cause it completely relies on Cobb getting injured as I see Cobb and Adams getting a bulk of the targets. I'm trying to find a future flex play as I have Jonas Gray in my flex spot atm with Doug Baldwin hanging around. Hoping Perriman becomes a big target in Baltimore as well. We'll see how things go :)
Parker should easily pass Stills and Jennings on the depth chart... when he's healthy. And that may not be any time soon.

The only format you should be grabbing Parker over Montgomery right now is Dynasty/Keeper. Because his long-term potential upside is clearly preferable. But in redraft you can let him sit on the wire unless you can find someone else worth dropping from your bench that makes more sense to pursue stashing him.

Montgomery could wind up usable in flex/daily/WR3/bye week scenarios this year... just as Davante Adams was last year. The Packers go 3-wide quite often because their Tight Ends have historically sucked and that's no different this season.

wbsmcs

Just finished my 12 team standard draft. Had 9th pick.

QB: Cam Newton
RB: Jeremy Hill
RB: Joseph Randle
WR: Mike Evans
WR: Brandin Cooks
Flex: Gio Bernard
TE: Rob Gronkowski
Def: Miami
K: Stream

Bench: Mariota, Foster, Crowell, Dunbar, Decker, D.Parker, Torrey Smith

What do you guys think? I'm thinking my flex is a little weak until Foster comes back, but I was happy to get Evans/Cook in the 3rd/4th rounds.

VoxPop

Parker should easily pass Stills and Jennings on the depth chart... when he's healthy. And that may not be any time soon.

The only format you should be grabbing Parker over Montgomery right now is Dynasty/Keeper. Because his long-term potential upside is clearly preferable. But in redraft you can let him sit on the wire unless you can find someone else worth dropping from your bench that makes more sense to pursue stashing him.

Montgomery could wind up usable in flex/daily/WR3/bye week scenarios this year... just as Davante Adams was last year. The Packers go 3-wide quite often because their Tight Ends have historically sucked and that's no different this season.

Yeah I'm trying to see who to drop.

I have Jonas Gray / Doug Baldwin / Cameron Artis Payne / Breshad Perriman / David Johnson / Ty Montgomery on my bench.

Holding onto Cameron in case of an injury to the injury prone Stewart. And Stewart just sucks in general.

People seem to be high on Perriman and him and Steve Smith would be the only decent WRs in Baltimore and this is a PPR league.

I only kept David Johnson in case of an injury to Ellington but don't know much about him but he seemed decent in the preseason.

Not sure what to do.

My friend offered me Brandin Cooks + Chris Ivory + Devonta Freeman for Dez Bryant and it seems like a good trade since I need the depth. But Ivory and Freeman are both basically fighting for the #1 RB spot on their respective squads with Ridley/Stacy in the midst. Trying to see if he would bite on a Lamar Miller + Cooks for Dez or Demaryius trade.

I always start with the players I don't want anything to do with and are way overvalued. Guys like McCoy who I'm fine with paying a dollar for but rather watch someone blow their load on that waste of a pick. DEF and K are easy to nominate early can and get people spend but also later when the elites are gone spark bidding wars for panicy owners. The ones that think they have to have a top 5 DEF over a more valuable WR4 or RB3.

Just don't do this in the mid-later rds or you'll get stuck with your nomination.

I hold off on players I want to own.

Pay attention to scarcity. If its the 7th rd and Witten, Cameron and Bennet just went off the board toss out Walker and get the other half of the league to reach in value thinking he belongs in the same tier. Or if you got your QB just keep nominating QBs til the top 12 are gone.

If you know who you are drafting with toss out homer picks or look at the previous years results and get an idea who's in love with who.

Don't be afraid to spend but you want to have a nice reserve for the later rds so you can out bid the $1 deals.

You might be able to get people to overspend on handcuffs. Bell is long gone but you might get the owner to potentially waste a $5 roster spot on Williams. I don't like doing this for fear of wasting a roster spot on a $1 handcuff you don't need.

Yeah I'm trying to see who to drop.

I have Jonas Gray / Doug Baldwin / Cameron Artis Payne / Breshad Perriman / David Johnson / Ty Montgomery on my bench.

Holding onto Cameron in case of an injury to the injury prone Stewart. And Stewart just sucks in general.

People seem to be high on Perriman and him and Steve Smith would be the only decent WRs in Baltimore and this is a PPR league.

I only kept David Johnson in case of an injury to Ellington but don't know much about him but he seemed decent in the preseason.

Not sure what to do.

My friend offered me Brandin Cooks + Chris Ivory + Devonta Freeman for Dez Bryant and it seems like a good trade since I need the depth. But Ivory and Freeman are both basically fighting for the #1 RB spot on their respective squads with Ridley/Stacy in the midst. Trying to see if he would bite on a Lamar Miller + Cooks for Dez or Demaryius trade.

Parker is worth owning over any of those WR. He played in tonight's preseason game it just a matter of time before he's the #2 next to Landry. And with Miami's offense similar to PHI there's plenty of opportunity for him. He's the rookie to own where he's going in ADP and honestly wouldn't be surprised if he ends up being more valuable than Agholor or Cooper this year. Last year was an anomaly you're not going to have 4 rookie WR return 3rd value or better this year.

I'd get rid of Baldwin, I'd rather have WR from heavily passing offenses like GB. If your going to own any SEA WR swing for the fences with Lockett than someone you'll never feel comfortable starting with the best match ups. Ty Montgomery value is tied more to an injury with Janis being more talented, there no it's no guarantee he'll be out there in 3 receiver sets 4 Wks from now. He could have value but his upside isn't anywhere near Parker.

And you want the best player in 2 for 1s. Also clears out a roster spot for the unknown value that always appears in the waiver wire. But that's not a bad deal I just think you can probably stream RB2 numbers considering someone like Parker went undrafted.

Picked last in a 12 man league. We have 1 QB, 2 WR, 2 RB, 1 TE, Flex. We also have defense, kicker, and defensive players but I'm just going to leave them out unless you guys actually want to know who they are.

QB: Peyton Manning
RB: LeSean McCoy, Joseph Randle,
WR: D. Thomas, Jeremy Maclin
TE: Owen Daniels
Flex: Alfred Blue

Bench:
Carson Palmer QB
Darren MacFadden RB
Martavis Bryant WR
John Brown WR
Michael Floyd WR
Marcus Wheaton WR

As you can obviously tell, I went heavy on WR's. Their just weren't any RB's that I really trusted in the later rounds as everybody in my league scooped up every back worth a damn in the first 6 rounds. I decided to go all in on WR's with potential. I'm hoping one of these guys will have a break out year so that I can use them to trade for a good RB because I'm honestly weak in that area. And BTW, I have 6 bench players because we have 5 bench spots and I have yet to pick a DL. I'm planning on doing it at the last second so that no one can pick up one of the guys I still have on my bench to use in week 1(I'm planning on keeping Bryant, Brown, and Palmer for sure).

Another thing that should be obvious is that I have major trust issues. I got certain guys thinking they could have a break out year. Then I got the guy right behind them as a back up plan in case they end up having that break out year instead. I'm feeling regret now as to how I drafted. I feel like the lack of reliable RB's will bite me in the ass later in the year. Hopefully my gamble on WR's pays off or some off the shelf guy can establish himself during the season and I can get him in waivers like I did with Forsett last year.

Any thoughts, critiques, or advice would be appreciated.

UberTag

Another thing that should be obvious is that I have major trust issues. I got certain guys thinking they could have a break out year. Then I got the guy right behind them as a back up plan in case they end up having that break out year instead.
Not especially keen on cuffing your lottery ticket WRs as a preventative measure.

I mean, if the QB goes down or the offense just underwhelms on these teams you've now got two dead weight receivers instead of one. Plus, you've got less bye week flexibility and you're setting yourself up for the inevitable "I started the wrong guy" when you bench one guy one week and then you flip things around the next and the opposite outcome happens. It's also very unlikely that a team delivers multiple break out year receivers in the same season. The closest to that last year may well have been the Giants with Beckham and Randle... but it's not terribly common. Would rather see you take lottery ticket guys with more offenses to afford you more flexibility.

That said, I like Bryant and Brown a lot.

You made a lot of good points though. I feel like I should just put my faith in certain guys and don't look back. I don't want to be in that situation that you described where I'm always 2nd guessing who to start because they might end up rotating having good games or end up both being duds. I guess it's best just to cut my losses and try to fill my other needs with whatever is left.

UberTag

You made a lot of good points though. I feel like I should just put my faith in certain guys and don't look back. I don't want to be in that situation that you described where I'm always 2nd guessing who to start because they might end up rotating having good games or end up both being duds. I guess it's best just to cut my losses and try to fill my other needs with whatever is left.
I'd consider keeping Wheaton on hand unless there's a sleeper running back you've overlooked that could fill an obvious need... if only because Bryant's suspended for the first few games anyhow.

I suspect there are better flyers than Floyd and it doesn't help matters that the Cardinals share a bye week with Maclin so you may as well see what else is out there.

In a 12 team league with other gaffers with the draft on Sunday. If I don't get a top 6ish pick, I'm pretty set on going WR and QB in the first two rounds.

Is there a list or a place to see general offensive strategy/tendency on a team by team basis? For example, GB is pass heavy x% pass vs x% run etc? I don't even need a statistical break down just anecdotal would be fine.

UberTag

Is there a list or a place to see general offensive strategy/tendency on a team by team basis? For example, GB is pass heavy x% pass vs x% run etc? I don't even need a statistical break down just anecdotal would be fine.
There are some general pass vs. run metrics broken down by team out there (like this one, for instance)... but given the annual shuffling of coaches and coordinators, I really wouldn't put much stock into it.

Rule of thumb is that a team will run more when playing with a lead to ice the clock and keep their defense fresh and pass more when playing from behind... but there are other more situation-specific tendencies you'll want to seek out like pass vs. run tendencies in the red zone, inside the 5-yard line, in 3rd down situations, etc. that may hold more weight in your fantasy lineup decisions.

Beach

In a 12 team league with other gaffers with the draft on Sunday. If I don't get a top 6ish pick, I'm pretty set on going WR and QB in the first two rounds.

I wouldn't get sucked into that line of thinking.

My general strategy is to never draft a top QB unless he drops a round or two, I love Rodgers and Luck but I would only draft them if they fell into the third round. I've never been in a league where the person who drafts the top qb wins. The dropoff of top RBs and WRs (and Gronk) is far greater than that of QBs.

If I was looking at either Luck, Rodgers or Gronk I would choose Gronk every single time.
Goodluck on your draft!

This post is more of a vent than anything. But looking back at my draft I'm kind of annoyed at how guys drafted. Many RB's went much higher than their ADP just because guys were desperate to scoop up any RB they could and most people treated top QB's as if they didn't matter at all. Let me just post some notes from my draft

-8 of the first 11 picks were RB's, and we auto drafted a QB for a guy who wasn't their so he might have picked a RB as well
-Andrew Luck dropped to the 30th overall pick as a auto pick for someone who wasn't there. This is despite our league using custom scoring in which QB's are stronger(1 point every 20 yards and 5 points per TD).
-Forsett went in the early 2nd, L. Murray went in the early 3rd, Foster in the early 4th round.
-Russel Wilson dropped to the 9th round

This is our 3rd year, but it's the first time many guys finally started doing their homework and it's like half the guys read the same RB/RB or RB is king strategy and it's gospel to them. I sat there in awe as people were taking their 3rd RB or WR while Big Ben and Drew Brees was still out there(both went in the late 5th). Guys complained last year when their were QB performances that single handily won games for certain guys and the year after everybody drafts this way.

In the end I guess I'm just more annoyed knowing that I might have been able to hold out longer for Peyton Manning(35th overall, he's a homer pick for me). And Luck might have actually dropped to me instead if he wasn't given away to a guy who wasn't there. Basically it seems like everybody was in on this strat except me and I could have maximized my picks better if I know it was going to go down like this.

SleazyC

This post is more of a vent than anything. But looking back at my draft I'm kind of annoyed at how guys drafted. Many RB's went much higher than their ADP just because guys were desperate to scoop up any RB they could and most people treated top QB's as if they didn't matter at all. Let me just post some notes from my draft

-8 of the first 11 picks were RB's, and we auto drafted a QB for a guy who wasn't their so he might have picked a RB as well
-Andrew Luck dropped to the 30th overall pick as a auto pick for someone who wasn't there. This is despite our league using custom scoring in which QB's are stronger(1 point every 20 yards and 5 points per TD).
-Forsett went in the early 2nd, L. Murray went in the early 3rd, Foster in the early 4th round.
-Russel Wilson dropped to the 9th round

This is our 3rd year, but it's the first time many guys finally started doing their homework and it's like half the guys read the same RB/RB or RB is king strategy and it's gospel to them. I sat there in awe as people were taking their 3rd RB or WR while Big Ben and Drew Brees was still out there(both went in the late 5th). Guys complained last year when their were QB performances that single handily won games for certain guys and the year after everybody drafts this way.

In the end I guess I'm just more annoyed knowing that I might have been able to hold out longer for Peyton Manning(35th overall, he's a homer pick for me). And Luck might have actually dropped to me instead if he wasn't given away to a guy who wasn't there. Basically it seems like everybody was in on this strat except me and I could have maximized my picks better if I know it was going to go down like this.
If you're flexible in your draft strategy and don't get scared by the run on a position you really can punish others by stocking up on a bunch of talent at another position and potentially using it as a trading chip later on in the season.

I took part in a 16-team standard draft last night (1QB/2RB/2WR/2FLX) and here are my results:

QB: Sam Bradford (7.7), Carson Palmer (9.7)
RB: Le'Veon Bell (1.7), Latavius Murry (3.7), Jonathan Stewart (4.10), Doug Martin (6.10), Roy Helu (13.7)
WR: Randall Cobb (2.10), Kendall Wright (8.10), Breshad Perrriman (10.10), Reuben Randle (11.7), Ty Montgomery (14.10), Kevin White (16.10)
TE: Travis Kelce (5.7)
DST: Denver Broncos (12.10)
K: Brandon McManus (15.7)

Pretty crazy that Le'Veon Bell fell to me at pick #7 but afterwards RB's just kept falling and I felt obligated to pick them up. Definitely visible in the sense that my WR core is very thin and I am in a pretty precarious situation at QB. Drafting in a larger league is definitely tough (only my second year playing in this league) and I always feel like I walk away from drafts in pretty bad shape even when projections say otherwise.

Hope to use some of my depth at RB to get another WR and maybe a QB if possible.

UberTag

In a 16-team format, I almost always reach on QB early... although I actually think this decision wavers somewhat depending on how deep a bench you have. I've got a league where you only roster 14 players and I never like to waste a 2nd draft slot on a backup QB in that one. With two extra rounds in play, I'd probably adjust my thinking.

That said, I think Bradford will be fine in that system so long as he doesn't get hurt. Upgrading from one of the worst offensive lines in the league in the Rams to one of the best in the Eagles should keep him upright.

Getting Bell at 7 is a gift... and you certainly won't be hurting at RB with that depth behind him for the first two games.

SleazyC

In a 16-team format, I almost always reach on QB early... although I actually think this decision wavers somewhat depending on how deep a bench you have. I've got a league where you only roster 14 players and I never like to waste a 2nd draft slot on a backup QB in that one. With two extra rounds in play, I'd probably adjust my thinking.
Yea I think that for next season I might definitely reach for a QB. Last season I had a terrible time with my QBs and it sorta torpedo'd me. I think if Bradford stays healthy he can put up some good numbers but its very questionable considering his history.

I definitely think I am going to have to work some trades to account for my thin WR corp but I feel pretty decent about the team I am fielding.

Compbros

QB Ryan Tannehill
RB Matt Forte
RB Lamar Miller
WR A.J. Green
WR Brandin Cooks
TE Heath Miller
FLEX Rashad Jennings
D/ST Lions
K Greg Zuerlein, StL K

Bench

Allen Robinson WR
Doug Martin RB
Kendall Wright WR
Devonta Freeman RB
DeVante Parker WR
Philip Rivers QB
Brian Quick WR

12 team standard leagues, here's the shitty part: this was a snake that wasn't wraparound. Meaning the guy that got the 12th pick got the 24th pick in round 2 instead of the 13th. I was 8th pick.

SleazyC

QB Ryan Tannehill
RB Matt Forte
RB Lamar Miller
WR A.J. Green
WR Brandin Cooks
TE Heath Miller
FLEX Rashad Jennings
D/ST Lions
K Greg Zuerlein, StL K

Bench

Allen Robinson WR
Doug Martin RB
Kendall Wright WR
Devonta Freeman RB
DeVante Parker WR
Philip Rivers QB
Brian Quick WR

12 team standard leagues, here's the shitty part: this was a snake that wasn't wraparound. Meaning the guy that got the 12th pick got the 24th pick in round 2 instead of the 13th. I was 8th pick.
Pretty solid team all around. I'd probably roll the dice with Doug Martin over Jennings at the flex. And if he does regain some of his form you will great players at just about every position.

Interesting draft format, don't think I've ever seen it before.

Compbros

Pretty solid team all around. I'd probably roll the dice with Doug Martin over Jennings at the flex. And if he does regain some of his form you will great players at just about every position.

Interesting draft format, don't think I've ever seen it before.

I'm more confident in the Giants than the Bucs as a whole and Jennings than Martin. At the same time I think Martin is gonna run like a wildman in an attempt to keep his job. I just have to see it a bit before I trust it.

I hated it and the guy in 12th hated it. First pick got pick 1 and 13 and got AP/Dez. Terrible.

UberTag

I hated it and the guy in 12th hated it. First pick got pick 1 and 13 and got AP/Dez. Terrible.
I think I could only get behind a non-snake draft if this was in some kind of keeper/dynasty league format and the draft order was pre-determined as an inverse of last year's final rankings. Essentially giving the last place team with the worst keepers the best opportunity to rebuild a competitive roster.

In a redraft format I think it's garbage.

The format is easy to setup; virtually every website out there supports it. But it's awful and if somebody used it 99% chance it was just to screw over the rest of the league. If it's not dynasty or something I'd just quit. It's admirable to still build a team, play, etc, but as a general rule of thumb I'd have trouble playing in a league run by someone untrustworthy.

natjjohn

I think I could only get behind a non-snake draft if this was in some kind of keeper/dynasty league format and the draft order was pre-determined as an inverse of last year's final rankings. Essentially giving the last place team with the worst keepers the best opportunity to rebuild a competitive roster.

In a redraft format I think it's garbage.

In a couple leagues like this. Though, there's a bidding for where you draft. Highest bid first, so on and so forth. Without the bidding, doesn't make much sense to do.

rush777

What do you guys use to determine injuries prior to kickoff Sunday morning? I believe the teams don't have to disclose the line up until like 2 hrs before game time and having a reliable source to keep me up to date would be very helpful. Thanks

RBH

What do you guys use to determine injuries prior to kickoff Sunday morning? I believe the teams don't have to disclose the line up until like 2 hrs before game time and having a reliable source to keep me up to date would be very helpful. Thanks
Twitter Search

Just type in "inactive", and that'll give you a good enough idea of who's not playing.

natjjohn

ESPN does a live update of injuries and status day of games that is updated. Could also monitor Twitter Accounts of the major NFL guys (Schefter, Rappaport, etc.).

Hey guys, the league I'm running located here has 2-3 open spots, if you're looking for a pay league to join and you can pay with Paypal fast post in the thread.

Settings
League Draft Date: Sunday, September 6th, 8:30 PM Eastern, 5:30 PM Pacific
Draft Type: Snake Draft

Buy-In / Payment Structure
For 16 people x $40 = $640
1st gets 45% = $288
2nd gets 27.5% = $176
3rd gets 17.5% = $112
4th gets 6.25% = $40 (get Buy-In back)
Highest Scoring Non-Playoff Team: $24

Basic League info
Waiver Type: FAAB w/ Continual rolling list Tiebreak
Weekly Waivers Game Time - Tuesday
Post Draft Players: Free Agents
Playoff Reseeding: No
Divisions: No
Lock Eliminated Teams: Yes
League Pickem: Yes
Roster Positions: QB, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, W/T, W/R/T, K, DEF, BN, BN, BN, BN

ACE 1991

Anyone mind rating my team? I'm pretty worried about Cobb's injury. Also I definitely reached for Matthews, but I truly think he's gonna have a great year with Bradford slinging the ball.

ynuXvat.png

Anyone mind rating my team? I'm pretty worried about Cobb's injury. Also I definitely reached for Matthews, but I truly think he's gonna have a great year with Bradford slinging the ball.

ynuXvat.png

I think Matthews will do well. Even if Bradford gets hurt, we know he's capable of doing WR2 numbers with Sanchez at the helm. Granted, that was with Maclin drawing the better coverage, but still, I don't like Bishop Sankey and Brandon LaFell is on the PUP list which means he's automatically out for 6 weeks. That's a long time to hold a slot for a player who has maybe WR3 upside when he does get back.

Without knowing your rules though, that makes it harder to judge. Is this a 12 team league? PPR?

ACE 1991

I think Matthews will do well. Even if Bradford gets hurt, we know he's capable of doing WR2 numbers with Sanchez at the helm. Granted, that was with Maclin drawing the better coverage, but still, I don't like Bishop Sankey and Brandon LaFell is on the PUP list which means he's automatically out for 6 weeks. That's a long time to hold a slot for a player who has maybe WR3 upside when he does get back.

Without knowing your rules though, that makes it harder to judge. Is this a 12 team league? PPR?

Yeah, I'll have to swap out Lafell I think. It's a standard 12 team standard scoring league, forgot to add that.

Yeah, I'll have to swap out Lafell I think. It's a standard 12 team standard scoring league.

For a 12 team league, I think it's generally well rounded. There's some risk with Latavius Murray and Ameer Abdullah (I have drafted them in various leagues) but if they can live up to some of their hype, you'll be well off.

ACE 1991

For a 12 team league, I think it's generally well rounded. There's some risk with Latavius Murray and Ameer Abdullah (I have drafted them in various leagues) but if they can live up to some of their hype, you'll be well off.

Ok, thanks! This my first time playing fantasy. Should I definitely drop Lafell for another WR? There's not gonna be anyone left at this point though.

Just did my $100 buy in draft. What do ya'll think ..

Leveon Bell
Odell Beckham
Lamar Miller
Julian Edelman
Andre Johnson
Ameer Abdullah
Peyton Manning
CJ Spiller
Marques Colston
Terrance Williams
Bills dst
Anquan Bolden