• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NBA Draft |OT| The Resurrection of the Lakers

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobLoblaw

Banned
Speaking of...

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 21s21 seconds ago
Sources: Lakers, Kings exchange framework of trade centered on DeMarcus Cousins today, discussions could intensify Thursday. Story soon.

#welp
Well, it would be win-win kinda. Lakers get current dominant big man, but would lose Randle (likely a future Z-bo if he wants it). The only problem is the Lakers would still need an elite point guard. I'd say Sacramento would get the better deal. Two good young bigs.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Kings would be stupid if they don't trade Cousins. It'll be a repeat of the last few seasons: Cousins hates the coach, the Kings suck, coach gets fired, new coach is hired, everyone says wait until next year for Cousins to learn another system.

If Karl can't get along with Cousins then just fire him now.

Cousins has 3 years left on his deal at a reasonable price. He's one of the best in the league and they should be building around him not catering to the whims of a 64 year old head coach. I think Karl is great but this is ridiculous. They could keep Cousins and give it a go again this year and if it doesnt work out then trade him next year and still get basically the same amount of value back.

He hasn't found a guard, coach, or front office he can get along with, and he struggles with motivation at times, but other than that, build your franchise around him.

The Kings were actually getting better last year until Cousins got meningitis the Kings owner decided to actually fire a coach Cousins liked and than by time he got back healthy the season was a lost cause.

Can't believe Vivek won't trade DmC to the Nuggets because of his pride. He doesn't want him to join Mike Malone and Pete D'Alessandro in Denver.

Lawson, Faried, Gallo, and the pick. Take back DmC and get rid of any contracts you want.

"Sense I get on Lakers pursuit of Boogie is same it's been last two weeks..they continue to pursue hard but it'll take a ton to get him" - @RamonaShelburne

wingwah

Banned
I guess trading for Cousins wouldn't be so bad if the Lakers get Love as well. Otherwise, trading the #2 pick would be foolish. I just want to see Kobe make one last run, and with Cousins and Love they'd be competitive.

Woj's own article mentions how the Kings want Randle and Clarkson, but the Lakers flat out don't want to give up Randle and are even hesitant on Clarkson. Doesn't really jive with a deal being close.

Then why the fuck won't they give away Swaggy P? Randle and Clarkson stays or I'm going to be pissed. The Lakers seriously can't fuck this up.

Clarkson's decent but the league is full of decent point guards, I wouldn't let him and Randle get in the way of Boogie. I assume you're joking about Swaggy P.

Jonm1010

Banned
If the Kings are smart(which they are not) they let Karl fleece the Lakers like they did the Knicks. Overpay extensively for a guy that is statistically very good but has personality and fit issues and was probably going to leave you in a few years and with nothing of value in your pocket.

Just last year people were saying 4 years 21 million was great value for Swaggy P. Amazing how badly his stock has dropped. Entertaining dude though.

Heel

Aaron Bruski ‏@aaronbruski
I’m told the theoretic deal (2, Randle, Clarkson, etc) presented by Yahoo! for a DeMarcus Cousins trade isn’t of interest to the Kings.

Sam Amick ✔@sam_amick
Re: Yahoo report on Cousins/Lakers, Kings' management message unchanged: not interested in moving him, focus of Thursday is on draft. But there's always a threshold here. If that Kings' ransom gets big enough, you never know. I'm still skeptical they'd do this in division.

TheFixer

Neo Member
I think Clarkson should be the sticking point from the Lakers' perspective, not Randle. I don't think Randle will develop the requisite jump shot to make him compatible with Cousins' game, and he'd probably be rendered superfluous in the case of a Love free agent signing anyway. Clarkson, on the other hand, is about as good a point guard as you'll find on the contract that he's on and has remarkable defensive upside and uncommon length at his position. I'm alright with sending over the #2 and Randle for Cousins and vestigial Kings contracts.

Bowser

I’m told the theoretic deal (2, Randle, Clarkson, etc) presented by Yahoo! for a DeMarcus Cousins trade isn’t of interest to the Kings.

Sam Amick ✔@sam_amick
Re: Yahoo report on Cousins/Lakers, Kings' management message unchanged: not interested in moving him, focus of Thursday is on draft. But there's always a threshold here. If that Kings' ransom gets big enough, you never know. I'm still skeptical they'd do this in division.

Then there's no way a "framework" was exchanged because there is nothing else of value on the Lakers roster.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Come on Divac.

JV. Ross, 2016 Knicks pick. Do it Masai. Bring Boogie North.

2b48cd93131fde3f868ddf3226f59d6a-e1395961318981.jpg

Sam Amick ✔@sam_amick

I'm kinda glad. Cousins is really good, but he's not a guy you are going to win with with a gutted roster. Lets just keep our assets and try and use the one thing we do have lots of (money, as opposed to good players) to try and improve the roster over the next couple of offseasons. This rebuild is going to be a marathon, not a sprint.

Heel

Then there's no way a "framework" was exchanged because there is nothing else of value on the Lakers roster.

Probably a bunch of grandstanding to see what they can get, either tomorrow or before the season begins. King bringing Cousins on the court after all of this seems like a bad idea, IMO. Dude is huge on loyalty, and volatile even before all of this started.

Bowser

Adi Joseph ‏@AdiJoseph 8m8 minutes ago
Here’s what the Jazz got for 26-year-old Deron Williams:

Derrick Favors
Devin Harris
two first-round picks (one that became No. 3 overall)

Adi Joseph ‏@AdiJoseph 14m14 minutes ago
What Denver got for 26-year-old Carmelo (in a complex deal):

Gallinari
Koufos
Mozgov
WChandler
Felton
1 first-rounder
2 second rounders

Sam Vecenie ‏@Sam_Vecenie 1m1 minute ago
Lakers Fans:
“DeMarcus Cousins puts up stats on a bad team, he’s worthless.”

“BUT JORDAN CLARKSON! HE’S SO GOOD!”

Bowser

the 2, Randle and Clarkson is literally EVERYTHING we have so if that doesn't move the Kings there's nothing much else to discuss.

Yup. I mean, unless the Kings want future firsts thrown in, although can LA even do that? They likely don't own next year's pick, I'm not sure LA is willing to throw in a 2017 first rounder (although by that point I think they'd have signed enough star FAs to make the '17 first rounder fall late in the draft).

"ESPN's LaMarcus Aldridge latest: Batum trade only latest signal of Aldridge's likely departure and sources say Lakers are moving up his list" -@ESPNSteinLine

If this is true the Lakers probably should deal their entire roster minus Kobe for Boogie.

Tom Penny

"ESPN's LaMarcus Aldridge latest: Batum trade only latest signal of Aldridge's likely departure and sources say Lakers are moving up his list" -@ESPNSteinLine

If this is true the Lakers probably should deal their entire roster minus Kobe for Boogie.

Luckily Kobe took one for the team and is only due 25 million this year.

zychi

Banned

Bron
Wade
Kobe
Lamarcus
Boogie

JR Smith to make Kobe's chucking look good
Mike Miller gets a seat wherever Bron goes since he carries for him

Random scrubs

New Lakers rebooted.

Adi Joseph ‏@AdiJoseph 8m8 minutes ago
Here’s what the Jazz got for 26-year-old Deron Williams:

Derrick Favors
Devin Harris
two first-round picks (one that became No. 3 overall)

Adi Joseph ‏@AdiJoseph 14m14 minutes ago
What Denver got for 26-year-old Carmelo (in a complex deal):

Gallinari
Koufos
Mozgov
WChandler
Felton
1 first-rounder
2 second rounders

Sam Vecenie ‏@Sam_Vecenie 1m1 minute ago
Lakers Fans:
“DeMarcus Cousins puts up stats on a bad team, he’s worthless.”

“BUT JORDAN CLARKSON! HE’S SO GOOD!”

those two examples, as good as Cousins is, sort of make the case for not trading him. There are only 2 or 3 players in this league who you can surround with shit and still have a good team (LeBron and AD?). From them there is a HUGE drop off to the next batch of superstars. Granted the Lakers don't have a lot of assets, but "gutting your roster" is sort of a relative term.

Bowser

Can LA even afford LMA?

edit: Stein - ESPN sources say Lakers appear to be passing Dallas on list of likely destinations for Aldridge should he leave POR. San Antonio still No. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom