• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NBA Draft |OT| The Resurrection of the Lakers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really hoping Riley gets something decent this year now that LBJ isnt there to sabotage his pick like he did last year. Not that anything outside of the first 10-15 picks tends to be any good but still Napier blows ass.

random25

Why? Stern basically fucked them out of a CP3 trade years ago.

It's only fitting.

To be fair, Stern handed the Lakers 2 championships by allowing Pau Gasol to be traded for a bag of trash. And before you say Marc Gasol went on to become a great player too, he's a 2nd round pick which the Grizz could've gotten with better asset management and could've used Pau as a trade bait for a better mix of expirings and picks.

For all of you Lakers fans who say you only want to give up trash for Cousins here is an interesting article discussing his actual value.

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/demarcus-cousins-trade/story?id=31999102&singlePage=true

Since Cousins won't turn 25 until this summer, his 2014-15 performance establishes a baseline of what we can expect from him over the remaining three seasons on his contract with the possibility of improvement. There are a handful of players in the league who figure to be better, but not many, and crucially few of them are signed for as long as Cousins.

With the salary cap set to escalate quickly when the NBA's new television deals kick in next season, having a player signed to a long-term contract that values him at current levels of pay is a boon to teams. In 2017-18, the last season of his rookie extension, Cousins will make $18.1 million. That's 17.2 percent of the $105 million the salary cap is projected to rise to by then, making it equivalent to an $11.5 million salary with today's $67.1 million cap. Essentially, the Kings will be paying Cousins like Danilo Gallinari or Marcin Gortat while likely getting top-10 production.

Even giving the Lakers' package a little bit of extra credit for the potential of drafting a superstar worth more than a maximum salary on his rookie extension, it's hard to match Cousins' value. And that's assuming the Lakers are willing to give up the No. 2 pick, Randle and Clarkson, which would leave them with virtually no young talent on the roster.

Knicks:

CIWdyP2WsAA50al.png

Toronto/Denver have had discussions about a deal around DeMar DeRozan/20th overall for Danilo Gallinari/7th overall. Nothing close.

Feel like DeRozan can net you better. If the Kings trade Rudy, DeRozan for the Kings pick straight up.

Bowser

I'm confused - Memphis just got Ridnour yesterday, right?

Barnes traded twice before the draft.

This is likely part of the Lamb deal mentioned yesterday. OKC didn't want to take back any salary, Barnes has $1m guaranteed. Ridnour's deal is $3m non-gtd. Hornets will likely flip Ridnour to OKC for Lamb and then OKC will waive Ridnour. OKC opens up a roster spot and doesn't take back any salary.

Pimpwerx

I love being a Heat fan. We don't get caught up in all this hope trafficking. We've had exactly 3 exiting drafts. Our expansion draft when we picked Seikaly, drafting Wade and then Beasley. Only one of those turned into something great.

I don't expect much from our #10 pick. Maybe a solid role player. I don't know how fans of lottery teams get hyped for this shit every year. This is such a crapshoot outside the Top5. PEACE.

Pimpwerx

the heat seemed to be hoping that Kaminsky falls to 10. I guess the knicks are gonna fuck that up for them huh
Good. Who the hell wants to draft the white lottery player? The buzz around Kaminsky has been terrible since the tournament ended. I didn't watch him play, but he's not from a powerhouse program, and can't play defense. Do not want. I hope NY gets him. PEACE.

I swear if the Hornets pick Kaminsky, I might be done. 7-59 didn't kill me, that might though.

It's not even that I dislike him that much as a player, I'm just sick and tired of getting burned by tall, lanky white dudes that can shoot (but won't in the league for some strange reason).

Jeffrey pls

Good. Who the hell wants to draft the white lottery player? The buzz around Kaminsky has been terrible since the tournament ended. I didn't watch him play, but he's not from a powerhouse program, and can't play defense. Do not want. I hope NY gets him. PEACE.

Like you said earlier, the draft has done nothing for the heat outside of wade over the years so it isn't like it matters much one way or another. But I'd rather we get someone who can be productive right away so that we can either use them to help us if we get rid of Anderson and Chalmers or to bait another team into trading for a decent player while they take their chances with a youngin.

Bowser

Jonathan Givony ‏@DraftExpress 6m6 minutes ago
Frank Kaminsky's demand has increased quite a bit recently as teams looking for immediate help widely view him as a safe and attractive pick

Mik317

Frank Kaminsky's demand has increased quite a bit recently as teams looking for immediate help widely view him as a safe and attractive pick

This is why teams in the lottery are picking in the lottery. Your teams are ass...quit looking for quick fixes

Looks like Russell will be the pick for LA. I'm cool with finally having a good PG.

Edit- that would mean Knicks probably get Okafor right?

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

I fully expect Detroit to take him if he's there at 8. If not, Dekker time.

Really hoping Riley gets something decent this year now that LBJ isnt there to sabotage his pick like he did last year. Not that anything outside of the first 10-15 picks tends to be any good but still Napier blows ass.

Trade #10 and #40 to SAC for #6 Riles.

Or

trade #10 And #40 and Rio and Birdman to NYC for #4

PBY

Banned
You may get your wish

Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer 3m3 minutes ago
Wow ... @WindhorstESPN just said that if Okafor slips to 3, the Celtics are ready to send a monster package to Philly to get him.

NOTHING STOPS THE TANK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom