• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'Active shooter incident' reported at Tennessee naval center

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dishwalla

Banned
Kind of interesting the guy drove up in a silver Mustang, those things are common as hell. Police are going to be stopping several of them looking for the right one.

I live just a few miles from the scene. The Marine/Navy Center is on the same grounds as a riverside park I use all the time. It's a lot of craziness going on here. Nearby college locked down. Huge stretch of road closed. The incident started miles away at an army recruitment center where there were multiple shots fired, and then the suspect drove to the other location.

Looks like police have just confirmed it's no longer an active shooter situation.

HUELEN10

ABsCuvW.jpg

This does not seems like it is huge news... Sky News are talking about the Loch Ness Monsters right now.

They are usually quick to jump on anything, a bit too quick sometimes.

This does not seems like it is huge news... Sky News are talking about the Loch Ness Monsters right now.

They are usually quick to jump on anything, a bit too quick sometimes.

isn't sky news a UK news site? This is a US shooting in a random town in Tennessee, not exactly going to gather international attention

isn't sky news a UK news site? This is a US shooting in a random town in Tennessee, not exactly going to gather international attention

Sky is UK. They'd be slower to pick this up.

I know this, but they are usually quick about these things worldwide. They are referencing the news, but not focusing on it at all.

Usually a shooting in the US is enough for them to break their regular rotation of topics,, but they are not doing that now.

My point is that even though something like this is important, it is not even moving the dial in the UK right now - which is a change from the norm.

Press conference on now. Just confirmed 4 victims dead, plus shooter. One cop plus some number of others wounded. Being treated as domestic terrorism.

Check valve

Neo Member
My dad used to work at the Naval Center in Chattanooga a couple years ago. The only weapons there were secured in an armory and there were no MPs on duty there as its a reserve center and only has a small staff working there active duty.

I live about 5 miles from there. Tragic. I love this city and hate to see it in the news for something like this. RIP to the fallen.

They just said they are treating it as a terrorist investigation until they know that it is not.

I think news stations guess at things to try and be first with a story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom